The FACTS on Food Stamps

Lol..the fact that you find it hard to believe shows what limited contact you've had personally with the people who get foodstamps.

Yes, they do give people their pins and their cards...then they report them stolen and they get a replacement. Then they do it again the next month. I've seen people who have had foodstamps for a couple of years and had 45 replacement cards issued.

"Lol"? And you do know these people and aren't reporting them or are you? I've read your posts about your circumstances and haven't seen mention of a husband. Do you have one? And if not, tell me what's the difference between denying your family benefits you could get and living on a meager single income by choice? I notice you donate to this site so I'm confused about your priorities, not that it's any of my business. I'm not sure why you're so angry about those getting benefits....were you denied them?

Wow, you are now trying to date board members?

Bizarro to me.

Shut the fuck up.

[

True, but it takes months of investigative man hours. Investigators aren't cheap, they have to be credible and do thorough paperwork. We're talking about how many millions of people now in the system? I don't want gov't to arbitrarily cut off people for the sake of saving money of course, but there has to be a way to wean people off the tit for Christ's sake.

Sure there is.

It's called jobs.

You tax the rich at an exhorbitant rate- also known as "their fair share" - like we did in the 1960's, you spend a lot of money on public works. That keeps people employed, improves infrastructure, and forces private employers to offer better wages and benefits to keep up.

You see, we don't have a "food stamp problem", we have a "People refusing to let their children starve so that Mitt has a place to ride his Dressage Horsie problem".

We could tax everyone that makes 250K 100% and that would not run the government that now borrows 45 cents of every dollar it spends for 6 months.
Do the math and get back to us. You tax too high these days, they leave and go to another country.
Why did not they do that in the 1960s? Because the economy WAS NOT a world economy then like it is now. I can fly out of Atlanta right now at 7 am and be in Guanacaste Liberia airport in Costa Rica with my money deposited in their bank tax free and my ass at the bar with a cold Imperial bottle of suds and a plate of cornida tipica by noon.
Different world now Joe. Please join us in it as you are stuck on stupid over half a century ago.

Excellent rebuttal!!!

:clap2:

I find it hilarious some of you are so convinced you get in line with SNAP recipients in the supermarket. I don't get it. What makes you so sure that they are? I think you people just believe what you want to believe. You see a white trash looking person and you automatically assume they are using EBT. You just make these assumptions so you can feel superior. It's really quite pathetic.

I can tell when they use the EBT card to buy groceries, that is pretty much a dead giveaway.

good... you tell him. He sure does not believe me.....

[

True, but it takes months of investigative man hours. Investigators aren't cheap, they have to be credible and do thorough paperwork. We're talking about how many millions of people now in the system? I don't want gov't to arbitrarily cut off people for the sake of saving money of course, but there has to be a way to wean people off the tit for Christ's sake.

Sure there is.

It's called jobs.

You tax the rich at an exhorbitant rate- also known as "their fair share" - like we did in the 1960's, you spend a lot of money on public works. That keeps people employed, improves infrastructure, and forces private employers to offer better wages and benefits to keep up.

You see, we don't have a "food stamp problem", we have a "People refusing to let their children starve so that Mitt has a place to ride his Dressage Horsie problem".

More taxes don't trickle down any longer, it's absorbed by a huge overinflated government.
Case in point....look where the money went in the last 2 stimulus bills that were to create shovel ready jobs.

I find it hilarious some of you are so convinced you get in line with SNAP recipients in the supermarket. I don't get it. What makes you so sure that they are? I think you people just believe what you want to believe. You see a white trash looking person and you automatically assume they are using EBT. You just make these assumptions so you can feel superior. It's really quite pathetic.

I can tell when they use the EBT card to buy groceries, that is pretty much a dead giveaway.

Bed wetters never believe anything unless their moonbat messiah's minions tell them too.

ebt-cards-map.jpg

They are a little harder to identify than food stamps were. But not too hard.

"Lol"? And you do know these people and aren't reporting them or are you? I've read your posts about your circumstances and haven't seen mention of a husband. Do you have one? And if not, tell me what's the difference between denying your family benefits you could get and living on a meager single income by choice? I notice you donate to this site so I'm confused about your priorities, not that it's any of my business. I'm not sure why you're so angry about those getting benefits....were you denied them?

Wow, you are now trying to date board members?

Bizarro to me.

Shut the fuck up.

:Lmao: Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your woman hunting, best of luck there.

He has yet to tell us who is starving in America, I have asked him that over and over, yet he seems to ignore the facts. He ignores that people can tell when you buy with an EBT card. Hard to believe he hasn't been to a store and people with EBT cards are never there.

He is coming across as being dishonest.

[

Sure there is.

It's called jobs.

More taxes don't trickle down any longer, it's absorbed by a huge overinflated government.
Case in point....look where the money went in the last 2 stimulus bills that were to create shovel ready jobs.

I'm learning that you shouldn't let facts get in the way of their little know it all rants.

ebt-cards-map.jpg

They are a little harder to identify than food stamps were. But not too hard.

I cant see what kind of card it is, so what they look like makes no difference. I see the hold up, then when you try to see what the hold up is... its the person sorting out their stuff into groups..... and then paying some with a card and some with cash..... dead give away.

and by then you have a pretty good idea of what they are buying.... :eek:

He has yet to tell us who is starving in America, I have asked him that over and over, yet he seems to ignore the facts. He ignores that people can tell when you buy with an EBT card. Hard to believe he hasn't been to a store and people with EBT cards are never there.

He is coming across as being dishonest.

heh, he came across as a dishonest hack when i pressed him to answer a few simple questions. mr facts does not see to know all of the facts, nor does he want to learn the facts.

Early in my career, I worked for a system integrator that had done work on the IRS systems. We put special safeguards in place to make sure rogue programmers didn't insert something into the code to exempt themselves from paying income taxes.

Given the move to EBT cards and the enormous amount of people now using them, I wouldn't be surprised to find that quite a few government employees who administer the system have "limitless" EBT cards for their personal use. Given the ethics of the current administration, they would have no concern about protecting the system from such abuse. They turned the ID check off on campaign donations...they likely turned the safeguards off on EBT as well.

Last edited:
Early in my career, I worked for a system integrator that had done work on the IRSsystems. We put special safeguards in place to make sure rogue programmers didn't insert something into the code to exempt themselves from paying income taxes.

Given the move to EBT cards and the enormous amount of people now using them, I wouldn't be surprised to find that quite a few government employees who administer the system have "limitless" EBT cards for their personal use. Given the ethics of the current administration, they would have no concern about protecting the system from such abuse. They turned the ID check off on campaign donations...they likely turned the safeguards off on EBT as well.

I think this whole thing is overblown nonsense. My experience with merchants taking EBT is that the majority of them understand the rules and follow them. They make their best mark-ups on deli food and spirits, two areas of the store EBT isn't allowed into. I have no beef with a poor person having a slice of pie on occasion.....WTF is our problem? :eusa_eh: People will always game a program, any program. All the government can do is make an example out of those they do catch like the IRS does. The MSM dutifully prints and broadcasts the sentences given to "welfare queens" to scare off potential offenders. Poor people have to eat like the rest of us.....if they can't do it legally, they'll take what they need from somebody. There is only one answer to all this mess....BRING THE JOBS BACK.

Shut the fuck up.

:Lmao: Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your woman hunting, best of luck there.

Hey hairlip....maybe I didn't make myself clear the first time....SHUT THE FUCK UP. Koshergirl doesn't need your sorry ass standing up for her....she's more than capable of answering my questions about her situation.

If you want to talk to people personally you might want to take it to PMs. Or was your intention to just be an ass in public?

Early in my career, I worked for a system integrator that had done work on the IRSsystems. We put special safeguards in place to make sure rogue programmers didn't insert something into the code to exempt themselves from paying income taxes.

I think this whole thing is overblown nonsense. My experience with merchants taking EBT is that the majority of them understand the rules and follow them. They make their best mark-ups on deli food and spirits, two areas of the store EBT isn't allowed into. I have no beef with a poor person having a slice of pie on occasion.....WTF is our problem? :eusa_eh: People will always game a program, any program. All the government can do is make an example out of those they do catch like the IRS does. The MSM dutifully prints and broadcasts the sentences given to "welfare queens" to scare off potential offenders. Poor people have to eat like the rest of us.....if they can't do it legally, they'll take what they need from somebody. There is only one answer to all this mess....BRING THE JOBS BACK.

Can't you see they are taking more than they need now?

I would bet you are right too!

Forum List

Back