The FACTS on Food Stamps

do bear in mind that snap serves many more people than just the recipients.

The workers and owners of the stores that sell that food benefit from snap.

The owners and workers of the corporations that grow, process and ship that food also benefit from snap to the tune of billions per year.

Cut out those 49 million food stamp recipients and watch how quickly those for-profit, privately owned corporations petition your government to put them back in place.

There's big money in "charity" folks and i can assure you that poor people are not getting it.

No motherfucking shit bed wetter!!!!

Of course imbeciles like you are opposed to the sort of lobbying "big business" does in order to get defense contracts, but corporations that lobby for more food stamps are ok because they add victims to the democrook dependency plantation.

You'll sit there and bitch about the lack of funds going to the poor, even though your political whores and their cronies are sucking it up. You just prefer to deny it.

Actual private charities, that government undermines thanks to bed wetters like you, have to be efficient. Do you think "big agriculture" is somehow less repulsive than "big oil"? At least big oil victimizes people who pay for their gas. "Big AG" victimizes the tax payers and the "poor" bastards that have lost their independence because of them.

Few weeks ago at Publix woman with 2 rug rats buys 2 cartons of Marlboros, 12 pack of Heineken, 2 large bags of Iams dog food and pays cash for it $120+.
Then uses her food card for her groceries.
Would be nice if she would have turned around and said "thank you for buying my food so I can use my money on smokes and booze"

So are you going to demand that poor people be denied pets and minor vices?

Really?

Maybe we should put a Scarlet "P" on their chests to further stigmatize them.

No, just cut them off food stamps. People who claim disability income replacement sometimes get followed to see if they are really injured or sick, and some are found to be screwing the system and get booted off compo. Do the same with the stamps.

True, but it takes months of investigative man hours. Investigators aren't cheap, they have to be credible and do thorough paperwork. We're talking about how many millions of people now in the system? I don't want gov't to arbitrarily cut off people for the sake of saving money of course, but there has to be a way to wean people off the tit for Christ's sake.

I find it hilarious some of you are so convinced you get in line with SNAP recipients in the supermarket. I don't get it. What makes you so sure that they are? I think you people just believe what you want to believe. You see a white trash looking person and you automatically assume they are using EBT. You just make these assumptions so you can feel superior. It's really quite pathetic.

Really?

Minor vices like:

Xboxes or playstations
2 color tv's
DVD
a/c
cable
washer & dryer
cell phones
ETC.

Like those vices?

So let me get this straight. People should starve because they have maybe $2000 or $3000 in appliances you don't think they should have? Seriously.

DVD Players. You can get them for about 25 bucks now.

You see, kind of the problem here is that you want to PUNISH the poor just for being poor. I really don't understand this.

I would have no problem if you make Food Stamps subject to workfare, so long as you provide them with a useful activity. But it seems to me that you want to just outright punish them... for what, exactly?

Voting for Democrats?
Oh, I thought we were actually talking about poor people who were in need of food stamps. My bad....:eusa_whistle:

I find it hilarious some of you are so convinced you get in line with SNAP recipients in the supermarket. I don't get it. What makes you so sure that they are? I think you people just believe what you want to believe. You see a white trash looking person and you automatically assume they are using EBT. You just make these assumptions so you can feel superior. It's really quite pathetic.

You're such a pathetic joke bed wetter...

You can look at the touch screens and see people punching EBT after they swipe first of all. There rest of us who know cashiers all hear the same stories. They cash out people using EBT cards with cart fulls of Doritoes, sodas, and all sorts of shit that actual frugal shoppers don't buy.

You can look at the touch screens and see people punching EBT after they swipe first of all. There rest of us who know cashiers all hear the same stories. They cash out people using EBT cards with cart fulls of Doritoes, sodas, and all sorts of shit that actual frugal shoppers don't buy.

You are so dumb. That is absolute bullshit. What so everytime you are behind someone in line buying Doritios and soda you look at their transactions? Even if you actually do do this every time, it shows you are a complete asshole. Mind your own fucking business, you fucking piece of shit. Christ, you are worse than any moocher on the system. How can you possibly justify being superior to those people? Get a life.

What is with you in calling everyone a "bed wetter"? There is nothing offensive about it. It just sounds dumb. Clearly you have bladder control issues yourself that you haven't dealt with and you feel the need to accuse everyone else of it to make yourself feel better.

Really?

if you can afford pets and vices.... they you don't need welfare or food stamps.

and if rich people can afford Dressage Horsies, they can afford to pay the top marginal tax rate.

It goes both ways.

they are not asking anyone else to afford THEM the dressage horses..... so not it does not go both ways.

I owned a First Data (Cardservice International) agency for a couple years and sold EBT processing as part of an overall Visa/MC package. So whatever you've heard or read about EBT abuse is mostly baloney (pun intended). Merchants know if they trade EBT for cash or cigs or booze and get caught at it ONCE, it's a death-sentence. We TMFed them....no appeal. Many would try to regain CC priveleges in their wife's or brother's name....again TMFed and that person would never be considered again. Only a lunatic or a pakistani would risk that because 70% of most food business is Visa/MC. The stories about lobster and caviar are either bullshit or a person with EBT benefits coming to an end because they got a new job and burned out their balance to celebrate. While that may be low-down, it's legal.

So what you see is that they are never caught.

That doesn't mean it's not happening. Trust me. There's almost no oversight. Case workers don't investigate fraud, even if they know it's taking place. It has to be really egregious and over the top, or it doesn't even get referred to the fraud investigations unit. It is almost impossible to catch anyone trading their fs for cash or other stuff...I mean seriously, who's going to catch the person who trades her family's fs allotment to the grocer down the street? Or to the drug dealer across the hall? DHS may be armed and ready to handle domestic uprising...but they aren't prepared to raid welfare moms' houses...yet. Though it's probably just around the corner. That's a good way to scoop up the kids from the despised and teeming masses.

I'm not talking about who gets benefits in my post....only the merchant's role in taking them as payment. An EBT card is a debit card so for a person to use it they need to know the 4 digit passcode. I find it hard to believe a person with EBT benefits would lend out their card and reveal that code for fear it could be stolen by who they loaned it to.

If a black man is using the card of a woman named "Beverly Steinberg", the merchant has a responsibility to report that transaction....whether it's acted upon is outside the realm of the transaction itself. And to close, merchants who use merchant services from small time processors or even their banks never face the scrutiny they would from First Data because we only have one dog in the fight....the merchant. For that privelege they know we don't tolerate taking a third-party transaction, fronting themselves cash with timed-transactions, upcharging the customer their discount rate (although that's changing), pricing something above their credit ceiling by doing multiple transactions, or selling prohibited services or merchandise.

Lol..the fact that you find it hard to believe shows what limited contact you've had personally with the people who get foodstamps.

Yes, they do give people their pins and their cards...then they report them stolen and they get a replacement. Then they do it again the next month. I've seen people who have had foodstamps for a couple of years and had 45 replacement cards issued.

what makes me so sure is how they talk when paying....

try paying attention to the person holding up the line sorting out what is going to pay for what....

its not rocket science.

wick tickets are the worst! ...they hold up the line forever!

Minor vices like:

Xboxes or playstations
2 color tv's
DVD
a/c
cable
washer & dryer
cell phones
ETC.

Like those vices?

So let me get this straight. People should starve because they have maybe $2000 or $3000 in appliances you don't think they should have? Seriously.

DVD Players. You can get them for about 25 bucks now.

You see, kind of the problem here is that you want to PUNISH the poor just for being poor. I really don't understand this.

I would have no problem if you make Food Stamps subject to workfare, so long as you provide them with a useful activity. But it seems to me that you want to just outright punish them... for what, exactly?

Voting for Democrats?
Oh, I thought we were actually talking about poor people who were in need of food stamps. My bad....:eusa_whistle:

lol.... i recall some thread here where someone who was on welfare was so happy that they were going to get some new game machine....

try paying attention to the person holding up the line sorting out what is going to pay for what....

its not rocket science.

They do, but wic is a very useful program.

its not rocket science.

actually i prefer the wic program over food stamps for people.... wic flat out tell you what you can have....and its all food, not junk, snacks, sweets and flat out crap.

and it fucking holds up the line at checkout!.....if i had my way wick and foodstamps would be a line all of its own!

You are so dumb. That is absolute bullshit. What so everytime you are behind someone in line buying Doritios and soda you look at their transactions? Even if you actually do do this every time, it shows you are a complete asshole. Mind your own fucking business, you fucking piece of shit. Christ, you are worse than any moocher on the system. How can you possibly justify being superior to those people? Get a life.

What is with you in calling everyone a "bed wetter"? There is nothing offensive about it. It just sounds dumb. Clearly you have bladder control issues yourself that you haven't dealt with and you feel the need to accuse everyone else of it to make yourself feel better.

All of us "profile" people bed wetter. Don't try and pretend you don't. If you see a confederate flag on a pick up truck bumper I already know what you're programmed to "think". Bed wetters like you "think" you're superior to everyone, so don't give me your self righteous bullshit. I'm not sitting behind a keyboard telling people they aren't giving enough to people who have an insatiable hunger for the resources other people provide.

If you had ever filled out a security clearance form you'd know people are screened for bed wetting. Bradley Manning fell through that crack, and other pinko scum like you obviously would too. It's an indicator of a psychological disorder, and liberalism is clearly the most dangerous psychological disorder our society is liable for. They can't screen for liberalism, so they have to go for the most obvious symptom.

I don't know, so sorry but my world has always been you line it up and everyone is to be respected and noticed. Never had a problem with someone that failed miserably while giving their all.
But what we have and everyone has their damn head in the sand about is a generation of majority whites and blacks also that are spitting out babies that the taxpayers have to pay for faster that any time in this nation's history.
It ain't about the money you dumb mother fuckers.
It is about a new generation of kids that are raised uneducated, in poverty by a single mother.
Again, for the 100th time, either we wake the hell up and admit this is the cycle or, we will be a third world nation in 50 years.

its not rocket science.

actually i prefer the wic program over food stamps for people.... wic flat out tell you what you can have....and its all food, not junk, snacks, sweets and flat out crap.

and it fucking holds up the line at checkout!.....if i had my way wick and foodstamps would be a line all of its own!

I can totally support a WIC customer hashing out "who's paying for what". At least they're attempting to be frugal and figure out where the funds are going. At least WIC is a program that helps out the needy but doesn't allow for the abuse SNAP has always allowed.

I remember when there were actual "food stamps". Anyone could redeem them, so druggies or other system abusers would trade them 2-1 for cash. My high school buddy who sold weed made a killing selling nickel bags for $50 in food stamps in the early 90's.

I can totally support a WIC customer hashing out "who's paying for what". At least they're attempting to be frugal and figure out where the funds are going. At least WIC is a program that helps out the needy but doesn't allow for the abuse SNAP has always allowed.

I remember when there were actual "food stamps". Anyone could redeem them, so druggies or other system abusers would trade them 2-1 for cash. My high school buddy who sold weed made a killing selling nickel bags for $50 in food stamps in the early 90's.

Nickel bag was $5 in the 60s.

its not rocket science.

The same goes for you. Mind your own goddamn business. You people are so immature.

its not rocket science.

The same goes for you. Mind your own goddamn business. You people are so immature.

:lmao:

to bad so sad for you people pay attention to your welfare whores......and know what they do.

If you are against people on food stamps, you should stop voting for greedy a-hole Pubs who keeps starting corrupt bubbles and recessions and depressions, hater dupes...

Forum List

Back