The First 3D-Printed Gun Has Been Fired. What Future Problems?

The Allahu Akhbar boys will be among the first to put the new technology to use.
There's 2 billion members of the religion whose first command is to "Turn the other cheek". There's 1.6 billion members of the religion whose first command is to "Kill the infidel" There's not many quicker ways of evening those odds than taking down planes filled with 300 or so infidels

But it seems sort of scary? Thanks for reaffirming the notion that gun control advocates like yourself are driven by emotion and fear rather than rational thinking. Nothing about an inanimate object being made by a 3D printer seems sort of scary to people like me who understand that mentally ill criminals kill people, not Law abiding citizens.

Well, it's scary (problematic) for governments and law enforcement. It should also be a little scary to the average civilian.

There you go again always thinking about control over someone.

Anyone with a fraction of an ounce of common sense can see how a gun that is undetectable by metal detectors at airports, and which can be manufactured by any whackjob on a jihad is something we should all be very concerned about. A bullet does not contain enough metal to set off a metal detector.

The maker of the gun pretends he gives a flying fuck about this by asking people to insert a hunk of metal in the resin gun, but just how stupid does he think we are?

Well, it's scary (problematic) for governments and law enforcement. It should also be a little scary to the average civilian.

They said on NPR this morning that these printed guns are non-traceable, and you probably cannot get ballistic evidence from them. Damn right these are scary. You gun nuts are certifiably insane.

When can I get one? That's my only problem.

Sincere question: Why would you want one? I would also guess that anyone with a computerized machine shop could crank them out - even in metal once they get the blueprint online.

I hate to break this to you, but a gun isn't all that complicated. Any high school drafting student could design a working gun.

Anyone with a thousand dollars and a brain in his head can make a 3D printer from readily available parts.

Power really is passing into the hands of the people.

Who woulda thunk?

Gun control legislation in Washington is moving at a snail’s pace, if at all, but technological developments are moving at a much faster one.

The world’s first gun made mostly with a 3D printer has been test fired and now you can buy 3D printers at Staples SPLS +2.59%. Soon blueprints to print a 3D gun in a garage will be available online.

We are on the verge of entering an era in which governments across the world may not be able to control the supply of guns. This has profound political, cultural, social, and law enforcement implications.

The first 3D printed gun has been produced by Defense Distributed. Andy Greenberg of Forbes has provided excellent coverage here.

Defense Distributed is headed by a 25-year old law student, Cody Wilson. His website states that his goal is to “produce and publish a file for a completely printable gun.” For me, it is publishing the file that stands out.

I am an engineer. At least in theory printing a rudimentary gun seems easy, one that any good engineer should be able to accomplish with relative ease. However, availability of a blueprint online will make it simple for those without expertise to print a gun.

More: 3D Printed Guns Stir Up Governments, Shoot Air Into 3D Printing Bubble - Forbes/Nigam Arora, Contributor

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes

Meet Steve Israel, The Congressman Who Wants To Ban 3D-Printed Guns (Q&A) - Forbes

The First 3D-Printed Gun Has Been Fired (VIDEO)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=drPz6n6UXQY]Liberator - Dawn of the Wiki Weapons - YouTube[/ame]

I know practically nothing about this technology - but it seems sort of scary. Imagine what improvements will be like. How do governments and law enforcement control such things?

Oh no! Now the liberals want to ban printers! When will you nanny staters stop?

They said on NPR this morning that these printed guns are non-traceable, and you probably cannot get ballistic evidence from them. Damn right these are scary. You gun nuts are certifiably insane.

What are you afraid of? You do realize that the government cannot protect you now, right?

What has changed?

Are you incabable of taking care of yourself?

Further proof that the anti-gun loons can argue only from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

What are you afraid of? You do realize that the government cannot protect you now, right?

What has changed?

Are you incabable of taking care of yourself?

Do YOU want a handful of terrorists sneaking a gun each onto an airplane that is undetectable by scanners, untraceable by law enforcement, and that you can't do a ballistic analysis on? You are a grade A fool.

Last edited:
This technology sounds spooky to me.
I can understand some parts being made with polymer plastic but could the barrel and chamber tolerate the explosive pressure? And what about the firing pin and the various springs? Also, no mention has been made of the ammunition, which consists of brass or steel and lead.

Those considerations seem to challenge the idea that a plastic gun could pass through a metal detector. As I recall, the same question was raised about the Glock, which I understand is part polymer, when it was first introduced.

I look forward to every child having one.

I also look forward to NRA gun nuts having gunfighter contests like in the movie "The Quick and the Dead" - for REAL. Wouldn't that be cool. I can't wait...

The NRA isn't gun nuts. gun nuts are criminals who possess illegal firearms and use them on innocent bystanders. As for you looking forward to real gunfighter contests, I must ask... When are you moving to Chicago?

I'm not talking about gang warfare. I'm talking about macho NRA men facing each other in a televised gunfight like Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke. Of course, the loser's family would be compensated. That would be so cool.

BTW, why doesn't the NRA send some of its macho men into gangland Chicago to clean it up? That sounds like a good project for ole Ted "Shit My Pants" Nugent to lead.

Actually, the gun industry loves that gang violence.

Wrong... The real irony is that it's actually LIBERALS IN HOLLYWOOD who perpetuate violence for profit all of the time.

It must really be sad to live in fear like you do. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure the founding fathers foresaw this when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

Foresaw what?? they only concerned themselves with the ease that guns could be had ,not who made them,or how. People made their own,or a local gun smith,more than massed produced by far.

This thread has done wonders for exposing the anti gun loony left for the emotionally driven zombies that they are. Who would have thought you could scare so many liberals with inanimate objects made by 3D printers, and some polymers? Too funny...

Forum List

Back