The First 3D-Printed Gun Has Been Fired. What Future Problems?

When can I get one? That's my only problem.

Sincere question: Why would you want one? I would also guess that anyone with a computerized machine shop could crank them out - even in metal once they get the blueprint online.

I have already made a dozen AR-15 rifles on my CNC machine. They are legal, customized, better than store bought guns, tax free & don't have serial numbers or registration. I could also make them fully automatic if I wanted although that would make them illegal.

Last edited:
What are you afraid of? You do realize that the government cannot protect you now, right?

What has changed?

Are you incabable of taking care of yourself?

Do YOU want a handful of terrorists sneaking a gun each onto an airplane that is undetectable by scanners, untraceable by law enforcement, and that you can't do a ballistic analysis on? You are a grade A fool.

So what? Government cannot & is not obligated to protect you. I could sneak a plastic gun on the plane to shoot terrorist. Let me legally take my gun or tazer on the plane so I can shoot the terrorist.

Last edited:
When can I get one? That's my only problem.

Sincere question: Why would you want one? I would also guess that anyone with a computerized machine shop could crank them out - even in metal once they get the blueprint online.

I have already made a dozen AR-15 rifles on my CNC machine. They are legal, customized, better than store bought guns, tax free & don't have serial numbers or registration. I could also make them fully automatic if I wanted although that would make them illegal.
If you produced AR Lowers w/o the proper FFL and/or w/o a S/N, they aren't legal inder the gun control act of 1968.

If you produced AR Lowers w/o the proper FFL and/or w/o a S/N, they aren't legal inder the gun control act of 1968.

Homemade Gun Legalities - "A lot of questions have been raised about how our 80% AR-15 Lower Receivers can be considered non-firearms. We've received a determination letter from the ATF stating that the ATF does not view this as a firearm because to complete the receiver it requires specialized skills and tooling."

Homemade Gun Legalities - "A lot of questions have been raised about how our 80% AR-15 Lower Receivers can be considered non-firearms. We've received a determination letter from the ATF stating that the ATF does not view this as a firearm because to complete the receiver it requires specialized skills and tooling."
So you make receiver slugs, not receivers or guns.

Nope - I turned a couple of 80% lowers into guns, then started making my own lowers from scratch. It's legal as long as I am not selling them.

95% AR 15 Lower Receiver, ATF Approved

P1020010.jpg

Nope - I turned a couple of 80% lowers into guns, then started making my own lowers from scratch. It's legal as long as I am not selling them.
How about as Christmas gifts?

I don't know if gifting is legal, but if you give or sell it to a friend or family member make sure they claim they made it themselves. Ares Armor has build parties in Oceanside almost every Sunday. Specs are already loaded into the machine. So all you need to do is jig up your lower and press the button.

Last edited:

I don't know if gifting is legal, but if you give or sell it to a friend or family member make sure they claim they made it themselves. Ares Armor has build parties in Oceanside almost every Sunday. Specs are already loaded into the machine. So all you need to do is jig up your lower and press the button.
Interesting...I'm more of a .308/7.69 fella though.

Gun control legislation in Washington is moving at a snail’s pace, if at all, but technological developments are moving at a much faster one.

The world’s first gun made mostly with a 3D printer has been test fired and now you can buy 3D printers at Staples SPLS +2.59%. Soon blueprints to print a 3D gun in a garage will be available online.

We are on the verge of entering an era in which governments across the world may not be able to control the supply of guns. This has profound political, cultural, social, and law enforcement implications.

The first 3D printed gun has been produced by Defense Distributed. Andy Greenberg of Forbes has provided excellent coverage here.

Defense Distributed is headed by a 25-year old law student, Cody Wilson. His website states that his goal is to “produce and publish a file for a completely printable gun.” For me, it is publishing the file that stands out.

I am an engineer. At least in theory printing a rudimentary gun seems easy, one that any good engineer should be able to accomplish with relative ease. However, availability of a blueprint online will make it simple for those without expertise to print a gun.

More: 3D Printed Guns Stir Up Governments, Shoot Air Into 3D Printing Bubble - Forbes/Nigam Arora, Contributor

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes

Meet Steve Israel, The Congressman Who Wants To Ban 3D-Printed Guns (Q&A) - Forbes

The First 3D-Printed Gun Has Been Fired (VIDEO)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=drPz6n6UXQY]Liberator - Dawn of the Wiki Weapons - YouTube[/ame]

I know practically nothing about this technology - but it seems sort of scary. Imagine what improvements will be like. How do governments and law enforcement control such things?
impractical and too expensive !! who in the hell owns a 3d printer ?? and why would I spend thousands for a printer when I can get a gun for a few bucks ??:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Gun control legislation in Washington is moving at a snail’s pace, if at all, but technological developments are moving at a much faster one.

The world’s first gun made mostly with a 3D printer has been test fired and now you can buy 3D printers at Staples SPLS +2.59%. Soon blueprints to print a 3D gun in a garage will be available online.

We are on the verge of entering an era in which governments across the world may not be able to control the supply of guns. This has profound political, cultural, social, and law enforcement implications.

The first 3D printed gun has been produced by Defense Distributed. Andy Greenberg of Forbes has provided excellent coverage here.

Defense Distributed is headed by a 25-year old law student, Cody Wilson. His website states that his goal is to “produce and publish a file for a completely printable gun.” For me, it is publishing the file that stands out.

I am an engineer. At least in theory printing a rudimentary gun seems easy, one that any good engineer should be able to accomplish with relative ease. However, availability of a blueprint online will make it simple for those without expertise to print a gun.

More: 3D Printed Guns Stir Up Governments, Shoot Air Into 3D Printing Bubble - Forbes/Nigam Arora, Contributor

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes

Meet Steve Israel, The Congressman Who Wants To Ban 3D-Printed Guns (Q&A) - Forbes

The First 3D-Printed Gun Has Been Fired (VIDEO)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=drPz6n6UXQY]Liberator - Dawn of the Wiki Weapons - YouTube[/ame]

I know practically nothing about this technology - but it seems sort of scary. Imagine what improvements will be like. How do governments and law enforcement control such things?
impractical and too expensive !! who in the hell owns a 3d printer ?? and why would I spend thousands for a printer when I can get a gun for a few bucks ??:eusa_eh:

Ssshhhh...we are in the middle of a hysteria here.

I'm sure the founding fathers foresaw this when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

They had foreseen this part: "Shall not be infringed."

Federalist 46:
Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion, that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession, than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors. Let us rather no longer insult them with the supposition that they can ever reduce themselves to the necessity of making the experiment, by a blind and tame submission to the long train of insidious measures which must precede and produce it.

Forum List

Back