🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Flag of Treason

And that was a perfectly acceptable and legal argument at the time, in the North and South. So saying it was the sole reason the South decided they could no longer remain in the union is pure bullshit.
The Confederate VP is saying it is the foundation of the new government and the cause of secession. Ffs.

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution — African slavery as it exists amongst us — the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.

Who knew they had fake news in the middle 19th century? All the modern conveniences, eh?
What part of "sole reason" didn't you understand?

N
LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?
Not of "our past". Of the past. They lost.

We lost Vietnam ... can we still fly the American Flag?
Stupid question, we weren't fighting over our own territory.

If we had won could would they still be flying theirs?
The Confederate states weren't Union territory, moron.

N
LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?

You Democrats lost, just as bad as you lost to Donald Trump.

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::lmao:

Trump is the modern-day Lincoln, and he's gonna whup yer sorry asses again, just wait.
tRump is a modern day Quisling.
How is Trump a quisling? Do you even know what the word means?

N
It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?
Yes, the Confederacy declared itself another country.

How could you not know this?
The Lincoln violated international law by invading it.

N
It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?

"It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?"

the confederacy WAS ANOTHER COUNTRY!

The Confederate States of America was a collection of 11 states that seceded from the United States in 1860 following the election of President Abraham Lincoln. Led by Jefferson Davis and existing from 1861 to 1865, the Confederacy struggled for legitimacy and was never recognized as a sovereign nation.Aug 21, 2018

they LEFT the union and started their own country and then ATTACKED the Union.

treason
traitors
Actually the union started the war with it's occupation and reinforcement of territory belonging to the sovereign State of South Carolina.
Ft Sumter was United States territory
South Carolina was too until it succeeded and the land Ft. Sumpter sits on was and is most certainly a part that State. Also armed foreign presence in a major harbor constitutes a blockade which is itself an act of war. The Union was asked nicely to leave and was given time to do so. Instead Lincoln sent more troops into South Carolina which was another act of war.
The South had no Constitutional right to leave the Union. It takes an act of Congress to leave not a Unilateral decision by a state.

Exactly where is that written in the Constitution?

It is implied. And was affirmed in 1869 by the Supreme Court when the Southern States tried to sue their way out after losing the Civil War.

No, it's implied nowhere in the text of the Constitution. And who'd a thunk the prevailing countries courts invalidated succession. But hey, look at the bright side, the courts also invalidated the debts the Confederate States mounted. The courts cited the Articles of Confederation for their decision, which anyone with half a brain knows was intentionally nullified with the ratification of the Constitution. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

In THIS Country the Supreme Court makes final decisions on matters of law involving the Government and the Supreme Court ruled and they also said as I did that it was implied by the fact that it took the whole body of Colonies to Ratified the Constitution. You can whine and cry and pretend anything you want but the FACTS are YOU LOST both on the battle field and in the Courts. And the FACT is if a State wants to leave the Union it must address that to the Congress. Failure can lead to armed enforcement by the US Government for that State to REMAIN in the Union. As for implied things the Courts have ruled other things are implied also and that is case law. Go cry to some other loser about how you were cheated.
Did not the ruling you reference take place after States had succeeded and formed a new Nation? Do you think laws can be retroactive? If so why don't we start passing laws in order to erase every historical fact. Lets make it illegal for the Japs to bomb Perl Harbor.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

Always has been
Because you say so?
Hating American people who like the Confederate flag says "I HATE Americans". That would be you, and if you hate fellow Americans for having differing opinions then you would LOVE tyranny-as long as you were the tyrant or he shared all your idiotic opinions. Real Americans hate tyranny (opinion).
How else can you describe the Confederate Flag?

It was a flag to denote that those states HATE America and do not want to be part of it. Why would you celebrate that?

More disturbing, it is used to symbolize....We HATE Blacks and want them subjugated
No it is NOT any of those things dumb ass, Learn a little history.
What history do you believe?

That flag NEVER honored America
It HAS honored the KKK
It HAS honored the KKK

So has YOUR Dimwinger party..............hell, you formed the KKK.
That flag is now defended by the KKK and the Republican Party

You are a race baiting asshole.

N

Definitely YOUR past.

And that was a perfectly acceptable and legal argument at the time, in the North and South. So saying it was the sole reason the South decided they could no longer remain in the union is pure bullshit.
The Confederate VP is saying it is the foundation of the new government and the cause of secession. Ffs.

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution — African slavery as it exists amongst us — the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.

Who knew they had fake news in the middle 19th century? All the modern conveniences, eh?

Well child if you think what I said is wrong, explain why the northern slaves weren't freed until the 13th Amendment was passed and ratified in Dec, 1865. The southern slaves were freed by decree in 1863, more than two years earlier.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Except that's not the Confederate flag.

Pssst.... STILL WAITING for you to address Rick Wilson's cooler.
Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

It is now the symbol of the confederacy and a symbol of racism

You don't get to decide that. I consider it a symbol of harmless regional pride and you to be a race baiting asshole.

Well child if you think what I said is wrong, explain why the northern slaves weren't freed until the 13th Amendment was passed and ratified in Dec, 1865. The southern slaves were freed by decree in 1863, more than two years earlier.

No slaves were freed in 1863.

Forum List

Back