🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Flag of Treason

Why does our President support the racist, treasonous Confederate Flag?

Slick Willy flew the Stars and Bars over the State House while governor, so I assume you think he and Hitlery are both racist, right?

Neither is President TODAY

Beside the point. The Confederacy does not exist today either. So what's your problem with the flag? Have you noticed that all 50 States have and fly flags of their own and probably all have had slavery one time or another? Hypocrisy.

I can understand wanting to keep the confederate flag alive for one's ancestry' s sake, my ancestors on my father's side were mostly confederates.... most were not slave owners, but so far in my ancestry search, I've found only 3 great great etc grandfather's that were... but most were just farmers, with no slaves....only their 8 to 12 children each, as their farm laborers.... but the men relatives still served in the Confederate States Army through being drafted...

But, and that's a big BUT.... What I have slowly realized over my decades, it's such a hurtful reminder of what human beings, that were slaves and the ancestors of today's African Americans, had to go through...

That flying flag is a sign to them, that they too are STILL thought of, as less than human beings....

And that's just unacceptable to me.... I want no part in a continuation of hurting them, even if simply their feelings.

Fine, if they don't like it then propose legislation to ban the flag and let everyone vote their feelings about it, but Ooops! those states and their legal systems were all created by evil slave owners and worse, the buildings fly the American flag, created by evil slave owners, and must abide by the US Constitution, which defined a black man as only three fifths of a white man, so legal channels are just too painful to pursue and black Americans have no choice but to ignore the law and just destroy the flags and monuments of the Confederacy when they are not too busy looting and burning Target stores.

Slavery was evil and were the Jim Crow laws, and black people were oppressed for much of our history, but they are no longer oppressed. Today, black Americans have all the same rights and opportunities as other Americans and we have a plethora of laws, government agencies to protect those rights, so if seeing someone waving a confederate flag, even if he is a white supremacist makes them feel less than human, it is is not because the guy with the flag has any particular weight or influence but because evil Democrats are exploiting the insecurities of black people for their own political gain before an election. It is you, not the guy with the flag who is causing them pain.
Easier said than done...
It's hard to pick oneself up by their bootstraps, when they were barefoot a few hundred years, and had no shoes.

Nonsense, we are a nation of immigrants. People came here with nothing who didn't even speak the language and the next generation flourished. Black people are being held back by people like you who tell them they are still oppressed and have no opportunities because some guy is carrying a flag.

I think the criminal tearing down of statues is wrong... They should legally be removed, in places where the statues were put up, with no local history behind them.... but the true history of these confederate officers belong in a museum, or on the grounds of historical battlefields, such as Gettysburg.... with historical reference.

I think the issue of the monuments should be put on the ballot case by case and let the voters decide. The facts that slavery and the Jim Crow laws once existed here are irrelevant to the conditions under which black Americans live today.

The last generation that lived during Jim Crow are mostly still alive today, and their children and grand children, are alive today as well.... who would have been disadvantaged from their parents living through it.... it's not in the distant past of distant relatives... as many seem to think.... it was the mid 1960s when the Johnson presidency civil rights act passed.....

Yes, they are struggling, and certainly in many inner cities, have criminality problems...from my outsider view... but.... I'm not so certain what society has done to help them, is helping all of them.... more policing isn't getting to the root of their problems and struggles, nor is a welfare check.... those are simply bandaids.... in my perspective as an outsider..... But there are plenty of successful black professionals that managed to make it out of the hardships in these areas, who could be great mentors or people who can give advise to legislators etc... And others within the communities who are tired of the crime, and afraid for their children and grandchildren, including the fear of cops, harming them...who can identify first hand, what changes could be helpful.

What you are saying basically is that young black people are being held back by their own culture and their own community leaders, and I couldn't agree more. Whatever may have happened to their grandparents or great grandparents, today young black Americans have all the same rights and opportunities as other Americans but they take advantage of them at a much lower rate.

"The 6-year graduation rate for first-time, full-time undergraduate students who began their pursuit of a bachelor’s degree at a 4-year degree-granting institution in fall 2010 was highest for Asian students (74 percent), followed by White students (64 percent), students of Two or more races (60 percent), Hispanic students (54 percent), Pacific Islander students (51 percent), Black students (40 percent), and American Indian/Alaska Native students (39 percent)."

What they don't need is people like you telling them they are so damaged by history that there is no point in trying to take advantage of the opportunities lying before them.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

Always has been
Because you say so?
Hating American people who like the Confederate flag says "I HATE Americans". That would be you, and if you hate fellow Americans for having differing opinions then you would LOVE tyranny-as long as you were the tyrant or he shared all your idiotic opinions. Real Americans hate tyranny (opinion).
How else can you describe the Confederate Flag?

It was a flag to denote that those states HATE America and do not want to be part of it. Why would you celebrate that?

More disturbing, it is used to symbolize....We HATE Blacks and want them subjugated
No it is NOT any of those things dumb ass, Learn a little history.
What history do you believe?

That flag NEVER honored America
It HAS honored the KKK
I never said it honored the United States but it DOES represent the beliefs and feelings of 11 States that are PART of the US.
Actually there was 13 Confederate States as stars displayed on the flag. Missouri & Kentucky originally neutral joined in 1861.

N
LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?
Not of "our past". Of the past. They lost.
It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?

"It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?"

the confederacy WAS ANOTHER COUNTRY!

The Confederate States of America was a collection of 11 states that seceded from the United States in 1860 following the election of President Abraham Lincoln. Led by Jefferson Davis and existing from 1861 to 1865, the Confederacy struggled for legitimacy and was never recognized as a sovereign nation.Aug 21, 2018

they LEFT the union and started their own country and then ATTACKED the Union.

treason
traitors
Actually the union started the war with it's occupation and reinforcement of territory belonging to the sovereign State of South Carolina.
Ft Sumter was United States territory
South Carolina was too until it succeeded and the land Ft. Sumpter sits on was and is most certainly a part that State. Also armed foreign presence in a major harbor constitutes a blockade which is itself an act of war. The Union was asked nicely to leave and was given time to do so. Instead Lincoln sent more troops into South Carolina which was another act of war.
The South had no Constitutional right to leave the Union. It takes an act of Congress to leave not a Unilateral decision by a state.

Exactly where is that written in the Constitution?

It is implied. And was affirmed in 1869 by the Supreme Court when the Southern States tried to sue their way out after losing the Civil War.
"Implied" again in whose opinion? A long way from stated in 1860.

Always has been
Because you say so?
Hating American people who like the Confederate flag says "I HATE Americans". That would be you, and if you hate fellow Americans for having differing opinions then you would LOVE tyranny-as long as you were the tyrant or he shared all your idiotic opinions. Real Americans hate tyranny (opinion).

It was a flag to denote that those states HATE America and do not want to be part of it. Why would you celebrate that?

More disturbing, it is used to symbolize....We HATE Blacks and want them subjugated
The Confederate flag stood as a symbol for the Confederacy and the Confederacy was about way more than slavery. Even slavery wasn't about hatred of blacks or there would be no more blacks. A man doesn't spend a lot of money to buy feed and shelter a mule he needs to plow his fields. Why assume he hates the mule because he owns it? He is concerned about the well being of the mule if for no other reason than it effects his own well being.

In Great Britain, this is a flag of treason:

betsy_ross_flag.png

In Spain:
383px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

In Mexico:
383px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png

Always has been
Because you say so?

It HAS honored the KKK
It HAS honored the KKK

So has YOUR Dimwinger party..............hell, you formed the KKK.
That flag is now defended by the KKK and the Republican Party

Always has been
Because you say so?

The Confederate flag stood as a symbol for the Confederacy and the Confederacy was about way more than slavery. Even slavery wasn't about hatred of blacks or there would be no more blacks. A man doesn't spend a lot of money to buy feed and shelter a mule he needs to plow his fields. Why assume he hates the mule because he owns it? He is concerned about the well being of the mule if for no other reason than it effects his own well being.
The Confederate Flag was designed as a symbol of....WE HATE AMERICA.
That is why they broke away

They hated a United States that was moving away from slavery and created their own nation dedicated to the institution of slavery.

A man doesn't spend a lot of money to buy feed and shelter a mule he needs to plow his fields.

Now you have defined the crux of the Confederacy. They looked at blacks as no more than animals.
Why that flag is hated

N
LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?

We lost Vietnam ... can we still fly the American Flag?
We didn't lose Vietnam.

N

We lost Vietnam ... can we still fly the American Flag?
We didn't lose Vietnam.

we-did-not-lose-vietnam-twas-a-tie-boy-they-41999844-1.png

N
It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?

"It is part of OUR past you stupid fuck. Or was the confederacy in another Country?"

the confederacy WAS ANOTHER COUNTRY!

The Confederate States of America was a collection of 11 states that seceded from the United States in 1860 following the election of President Abraham Lincoln. Led by Jefferson Davis and existing from 1861 to 1865, the Confederacy struggled for legitimacy and was never recognized as a sovereign nation.Aug 21, 2018

they LEFT the union and started their own country and then ATTACKED the Union.

treason
traitors
Actually the union started the war with it's occupation and reinforcement of territory belonging to the sovereign State of South Carolina.
Ft Sumter was United States territory
South Carolina was too until it succeeded and the land Ft. Sumpter sits on was and is most certainly a part that State. Also armed foreign presence in a major harbor constitutes a blockade which is itself an act of war. The Union was asked nicely to leave and was given time to do so. Instead Lincoln sent more troops into South Carolina which was another act of war.
The South had no Constitutional right to leave the Union. It takes an act of Congress to leave not a Unilateral decision by a state.
That was the opinion of many in the North. The opinion of many in the South was that any alignment voluntarily made can be (and was) voluntarily unmade. Do you know of anything in the Constitution that definitively addresses those opinions?
There was nothing like that in The Constitution back then.

Do have close southern relatives born or raised there, have visited many times over the years. None of them fly the confederate flag at there homes. I Have come to view the Confederate flags as a symbol of rebellion that's why young & rebel type people display them. its a shame that its also picked as a prop used to promote race hate

Always has been
Because you say so?

The Confederate Flag was designed as a symbol of....WE HATE AMERICA.
That is why they broke away

They hated a United States that was moving away from slavery and created their own nation dedicated to the institution of slavery.
Yes, of course they wanted to keep slavery for exactly the same reason anyone wants to keep property they are heavily invested and depend on for their livelihood. Hatred for blacks was not a factor. Blacks were in fact a part of the Southern culture that the North appeared determined to wreck and many thought that the call to "free the slaves" was far more about that than any actual desire to free anybody. Planned theft and bloody invasion do tend to irritate people and generated some hatred for the North. Big surprise. The flag today does not represent hatred for the United States to the ones who fly it. I flew the flag while fighting for the United States in Vietnam and Cambodia and also flew it while with the US army in Japan and Panama. To me it represents both my US and Southern heritage exactly as does flying the US flag. You can decide what anything symbolizes to you but your opinion of what anything symbolizes to anyone else is worthless.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Always has been
Because you say so?

It HAS honored the KKK
It HAS honored the KKK

Republicans defend the freedom forgiven to us in the First Amendment. You confuse the two......but then, Simpletons are easily confused.

Always has been
Because you say so?

It HAS honored the KKK
It HAS honored the KKK

Republicans defend the freedom forgiven to us in the First Amendment. You confuse the two......but then, Simpletons are easily confused.
Have you forgotten to a lefty the only one that has rights are the lefty and anyone he decides has them.

A man doesn't spend a lot of money to buy feed and shelter a mule he needs to plow his fields.

Now you have defined the crux of the Confederacy. They looked at blacks as no more than animals.
Why that flag is hated
You think blacks were better loved in the North than in the South? I seriously doubt it. I hate to break it to you but people-all people- believed a great many things that were not true back in those days. Even science medicine and theology were wrong about a great many things. Still are for that matter. You try to judge present day people by the same motives and ideas of our distant forebearers and you are simply very wrong to do so. If you must judge people, judge people by who and what they are; not who and what their ancestors were. Especially if you wish the same consideration.

Always has been
Because you say so?

It HAS honored the KKK

I guess this one needs to go too, eh?

amflag1.jpg

amflag2.jpg

amflag3.png

amflag4.jpg

amflag5.jpg

Forum List

Back