The "Free Press" has a Narrative that Assumes Gays are being Denied a Right...

Try forced acceptence...

30+ States have had thier say...
Hear the same complaints against "forced acceptance" of integration in the 60s. You are in "good" company, Tommy. They usually liked to get liquored up too.

Race and Sexual Deviations are not the same. :thup:

:)

peace...

All classes of persons are legally the same, entitled to the same Constitutional protection: race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

"
Prior to December 14, 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) considered same-sex attraction a disorder. The disorder was listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-II (DSM-II) under the label, “Homosexuality.” Psychiatry’s authoritative voice influenced public opinion, which at the time was negative toward both sodomy and the types of people who engaged in such acts. Although public sexual activity in parks and public restrooms contributed to societies negative views, “scientific opinion” was crucial in the public attitude.
In an effort to remove “Homosexuality” from the DSM pro-sodomy activists began a program of intimidation aimed at the American Psychiatric Association circa 1970. Activist Franklin Kameny states the movement’s objective clearly, “I feel that the entire homophile movement…is going to stand or fall upon the question of whether or not homosexuality is a sickness, and upon our taking a firm stand on it…”[1] Franklin Kameny led the Washington D.C. chapter of the Mattachine Society during the 1960’s. In the tradition of Magnus Hirschfield and Alfred Kinsey, Kameny viewed one’s attraction to a specific gender as fluid, and viewed sodomy as morally equivalent to natural sexuality. "

The Born "Gay" Hoax |

:rofl:
????

He doesn't like the source.

Which means he doesn't read the material, and pretends it's not valid. Though of course it is, as it lists all the pro-gay references right there.

Hear the same complaints against "forced acceptance" of integration in the 60s. You are in "good" company, Tommy. They usually liked to get liquored up too.

peace...

Correct, and as a black man I am tired of people pretending they're similar in any way. Its just plain wrong.

An Individualist. Cool. Welcome aboard mon vieux.

Well everyone here should be aware that homosexuality wasn't taken off the APA's list sexual mental disorders because of any scientific breakthrough of any sort, but because of political pressure. I hope so anyway, because if you cannot even concede that point, you shouldn't even pretend to know what you're talking about,

It was not solely due to social pressure...

Confronted with overwhelming empirical evidence and changing cultural views of homosexuality, psychiatrists and psychologists radically altered their views, beginning in the 1970s.

Homosexuality and Mental Health

where's the overwhelming empirical evidence? link?

changing cultural views is just peer pressure dressed up in a new suit.

not that there's anythiung wrong with that...

The link I provided also provided the studies that were taken into consideration when the APA removed homosexuality from the list of "mental disorders".

Actually, Kinsey got homosexuality removed from the APA's list of mental disorders.

His studies, performed by a variety of child molesters on babies as young as 4 months, resulted in the meme that all sexuality, including child sexuality, is *normal* and it is society that has the problem..not sexual deviants.

Wrong. His was just ONE of the many studies they looked at.

The weight of evidence

In a review of published studies comparing homosexual and heterosexual samples on psychological tests, Gonsiorek (1982) found that, although some differences have been observed in test results between homosexuals and heterosexuals, both groups consistently score within the normal range. Gonsiorek concluded that "Homosexuality in and of itself is unrelated to psychological disturbance or maladjustment. Homosexuals as a group are not more psychologically disturbed on account of their homosexuality" (Gonsiorek, 1982, p. 74; see also reviews by Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart, Roback, Tittler, Weitz, Walston & McKee, 1978; Riess, 1980).

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_mental_health.html

peace...

All classes of persons are legally the same, entitled to the same Constitutional protection: race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

Homosexual Coupling is Inherently and Naturally Unqual to the Coupling that Creates Life...

Fact.

peace...

peace...

Correct, and as a black man I am tired of people pretending they're similar in any way. Its just plain wrong.

Perhaps you can explain how the discrimination is different? See, nobody is comparing race and sexual orientation. What IS compared (and quite comparable) is the discrimination.

Those studies happened after they removed the mental illness tag from homosexuality.
Retard.

"Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation, while there remain those who maintain that it is a disorder.[2] In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975."

Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

peace...

Homosexual Coupling is Inherently and Naturally Unqual to the Coupling that Creates Life...

Fact.

peace...

Yeah, it's WAY better. We don't have to worry about an unwanted pregnancy after all... :D

We weren't talking about that at the moment, I was just providing evidence that it was nothing more than political correctness that got homosexuality removed from the list of mental disorder. One thing at a time, my friend. I'll address your point as soon as I see proof refuting my claim.

Whether your claim is ‘refuted’ or not is also legally and Constitutionally irrelevant. That you and others maintain that homosexuality is a ‘deviant mental disorder’ is clear animus, and offensive to the Constitution in of itself.

[Laws denying homosexuals access to marriage] raise the inevitable inference that the disadvantage imposed is born of animosity toward the class of persons affected. "f the constitutional conception of `equal protection of the laws' means anything, it must at the very least mean that a bare . . . desire to harm a politically unpopular group cannot constitute a legitimate governmental interest." Department of Agriculture v. Moreno, 413 U.S. 528, 534 (1973).

Romer, Governor of Colorado, et al. v. Evans et al., 517 U.S. 620 (1996).

And the study by Kinsey is what is referenced almost exclusively in all the laws that were changed in the 70s and 80s that effectively mainstreamed homosexuality, and lightened the penalties for sexual abuse of children, rape, and other sex crimes.

Rape used to be a capitol offense in many states.

Gay researcher and activist on the importance of pushing the correlation between race and homosexuality:

"“All the civil rights legislation passed in the ’60s is based on the knowledge that there is a genetic and immutable difference between blacks and whites. Of course, blacks are still discriminated against, but the legal advances they’ve made are based on those genetic differences. And I think that is a major stumbling block for our gaining the same protection as other groups. There is a survey in the New York Times that broke down people on the basis of whether they thought gays and lesbians were born that way or whether it was a lifestyle choice. Across the board, those who thought gays and lesbians were born that way were more liberal and gay friendly.”

The Born "Gay" Hoax |
That's why the radical homosexuals try to convince that ALL gays are born gay.. Which is just utter bull, particularly in the case of homosexual males. I had a friend whose father "came out of the closet". This was of course after fathering three children with my friend's mother... Obviously he got an erection with a woman. There may be some born gay, though the longer it takes to find that ever elusive "gay gene".. The more it makes me think it's just a deceptive tactic to normalize homosexuality. And reading what you just posted kind of confirms that suspicion. The radicals want it taught in schools that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that it's perfectly healthy.. Thing is its nOt healthy at all, it shaves off 20 years of their lifespan. You know, if that is how they want to live that's fine. But to ask society to pretend that It's perfectly safe and completely normal?

It's not even that. It's the intentional undermining of the traditional family, and the fact that promiscuity, homosexuality, and the erosion of traditional family values hasn't resulted in a kinder, gentler society..and it won't. It has resulted in a more promiscuous and depraved society, and the stats bear that out. More divorces, more disease, more abuse, and more death.

This is the legacy of Kinsey's sexual revolution.

And the animals like it that way.

Gay researcher and activist on the importance of pushing the correlation between race and homosexuality:

"“All the civil rights legislation passed in the ’60s is based on the knowledge that there is a genetic and immutable difference between blacks and whites. Of course, blacks are still discriminated against, but the legal advances they’ve made are based on those genetic differences. And I think that is a major stumbling block for our gaining the same protection as other groups. There is a survey in the New York Times that broke down people on the basis of whether they thought gays and lesbians were born that way or whether it was a lifestyle choice. Across the board, those who thought gays and lesbians were born that way were more liberal and gay friendly.”

The Born "Gay" Hoax |
That's why the radical homosexuals try to convince that ALL gays are born gay.. Which is just utter bull, particularly in the case of homosexual males. I had a friend whose father "came out of the closet". This was of course after fathering three children with my friend's mother... Obviously he got an erection with a woman. There may be some born gay, though the longer it takes to find that ever elusive "gay gene".. The more it makes me think it's just a deceptive tactic to normalize homosexuality. And reading what you just posted kind of confirms that suspicion. The radicals want it taught in schools that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that it's perfectly healthy.. Thing is its nOt healthy at all, it shaves off 20 years of their lifespan. You know, if that is how they want to live that's fine. But to ask society to pretend that It's perfectly safe and completely normal?

So, it sounds like your friend's father tried very very hard to make a go of it as a faux straight and couldn't handle it after a while....After all, most of us find that hiding eats at your soul, and as your friend found out...messes up the lives of those you tried to pretend for.

But, let's assume for a moment that you have a point. When did you choose to be straight?

We weren't talking about that at the moment, I was just providing evidence that it was nothing more than political correctness that got homosexuality removed from the list of mental disorder. One thing at a time, my friend. I'll address your point as soon as I see proof refuting my claim.

Whether your claim is ‘refuted’ or not is also legally and Constitutionally irrelevant. That you and others maintain that homosexuality is a ‘deviant mental disorder’ is clear animus, and offensive to the Constitution in of itself.

[Laws denying homosexuals access to marriage] raise the inevitable inference that the disadvantage imposed is born of animosity toward the class of persons affected. "f the constitutional conception of `equal protection of the laws' means anything, it must at the very least mean that a bare . . . desire to harm a politically unpopular group cannot constitute a legitimate governmental interest." Department of Agriculture v. Moreno, 413 U.S. 528, 534 (1973).

They're not denied the right to marry, they just cannot marry someone of the same sex... Neither can heterosexuals. I don't think the government should be in the marriage buisness myself. Most of the benefits of marriage comes from bringing children into the world and are for helping take care of said children. Homosexuals cannot have children, unless they were a by-choice gay that was straight at some time and fathered a child with a woman.

They're not denied the right to marry, they just cannot marry someone of the same sex... Neither can heterosexuals. I don't think the government should be in the marriage buisness myself. Most of the benefits of marriage comes from bringing children into the world and are for helping take care of said children. Homosexuals cannot have children, unless they were a by-choice gay that was straight at some time and fathered a child with a woman.

Gender discrimination. You support it.

The Born "Gay" Hoax |

So, it sounds like your friend's father tried very very hard to make a go of it as a faux straight and couldn't handle it after a while....After all, most of us find that hiding eats at your soul, and as your friend found out...messes up the lives of those you tried to pretend for.

But, let's assume for a moment that you have a point. When did you choose to be straight?

Probably when he decided to pursue sex with the opposite sex.

Why? You do realize that's just a red herring, right? Anecdotal, and complete logical fallacy?

Don't let it stop you..you bounce from thread to thread with that same stupid line. It actually works against you.

Gender discrimination. You support it.

Lie. No gender discrimination. Any gender can get married.

Probably when he decided to pursue sex with the opposite sex.

Why? You do realize that's just a red herring, right? Anecdotal, and complete logical fallacy?

Don't let it stop you..you bounce from thread to thread with that same stupid line. It actually works against you.

And yet, people like you can't seem to answer it. How odd that you rail against the question, yet cannot come up with an answer. You know what that means, don't you?

Forum List

Back