The Friday Five

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy?
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?
3. What was your favorite children's game?
4. What kind of play were you most interested in?
5. How well did you share?
My favorite toy was Lincoln Logs. They could become anything! I got the big tub (they were packaged in a can like Quaker Oats) of Lincoln Logs for Christmas when I was 7. That Christmas, my cousins Beth and Amy came to the Big House with their parents Aunt Roxie and Uncle Jim.

Beth and Amy got all the Barbie stuff available in the Western World and they lorded their gifts all over me and my brother. We could care less about Barbie and her palomino pony and Corvette and her paramour, the androgynous Ken.

I took the Lincoln Logs into the dining room, set up shop under the table and began my plan of attack.

The pilots rallied on the flight deck and ceremonially drank cups of sake. They took flight at dawn and rendezvoused at Point X-Ray. Diving out of the rising sun, the bombers unleashed a hellish barrage of the short Lincoln Log bombs on the Barbie complex. Peeling away to the right and rising above the range of Barbie's feeble anti-aircraft guns, the squadron landed on the carrier deck, the screams of the residents of the Barbie village still ringing in their ears. Bonzai! they shouted just before their commanding officers arrived to rebuke them and sentence them to confinement until they learned how to play with their cousins.

[MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION]

do you ever give Lincoln Logs gifts?

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

1. All of them.
2. Other children.
3. Spin the bottle.
4. Playing house.
5. With 5 kids, umpteen neighbors, and a bazillion cousins? My stuff is your stuff!

[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]

:eek::eek:

Why becki...... please do expound on this spin the bottle game you speak of....

boogy board or my bicycle

depends on what age I was....when I got old enough for sports it became w/other kids.

Nintendo, the original. Super Mario 1.

night time neighborhood hide & seek

I was an awesome sharer

[MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION]

night time hide and seek?? How old were you when you played that?

[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION] [MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION] [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] [MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] [MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION] [MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION] [MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION] [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION] [MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION] [MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION] [MENTION=6882]JimH52[/MENTION]@Statistikhengst [MENTION=19762]asaratis[/MENTION] [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION] [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] [MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] [MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION] [MENTION=34695]Locke11_21[/MENTION] [MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION] [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] [MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION] [MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] [MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION] [MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION] [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=17136]bayoubill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION] [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION] [MENTION=31703]williepete[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]@Asclepias [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] [MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=42969]jon_berzerk[/MENTION] [MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION] [MENTION=11735]Mr. President[/MENTION] [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]@Jackson [MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION] [MENTION=32620]earlycuyler[/MENTION] [MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION] [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] [MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION] [MENTION=43614]JohnL.Burke[/MENTION] [MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION] [MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION] [MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION]

If i missed an invite to someone..... im sorry. :) I hope this is something we can all have fun with on Friday!

lol how many times did I get @-ed in this paragraph? :razz:

sheesh... i cleaned it up.... and it took forever!!!

How many of you played "war"...where two kids take a piece of paper...draw equal number of tanks, so many ships, so many air planes etc...then you lay on the floor with a hardback book standing up between you and reach around and draw little bomb marks - killing whatever it hit?
(Like Battelship)

When I was a kid we had "rock" wars.

I'd come home a bloody mess.

Those were the days!

:cool:

[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]

what did your mom say about rock wars?

1) The wooden wagon my dad made for me.

2) With others.

3) Mouse Trap (yes, really)

4) Anything rough. (Snowball fights, wrestling, tug of war.)

5) I shared pretty well. My siblings, not so much.

[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]

do you still have the wagon?

1. I had this stuffed dog named Henry I took everywhere-I once accidentally took it into the bath and that was the end of poor Henry.

2. Alone and I liked it that way

3. Hmmm, tough one, don't remember to be honest. I liked the Spirographs-does that age me? LOL

4. Anything pretend-I had a vivid imagination.

5. I shared very well with everyone but my brother and sister because they were always taking things, LOL-but I was a good sharer.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

poor Henery. Did you get another stuffed dog or something else?

1) The wooden wagon my dad made for me.

2) With others.

3) Mouse Trap (yes, really)

4) Anything rough. (Snowball fights, wrestling, tug of war.)

5) I shared pretty well. My siblings, not so much.

[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]

do you still have the wagon?

No, I passed it down to my Godson, Nephew #3.

It will go to his son when he's old enough.

So happy [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] asked:

My fabulous trolls.

Other children, but usually one or two at a time.

Pretend. My best friend and I used to orchestrate pretend games, often orphans escaping from some horrible aunt. (Inspiration: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase).

Something very imaginative.

Very well...I used to make troll clothes for anyone who was interested. I was the Coco Chanel of troll fashion.

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

trolls???

* My dolls

* With my brother ( I was a tomboy and he and his buds were much more fun than my girlfriends.

* Riding my ten speed.

* Hide and seek

* Generously

[MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION]

did you have a favorite doll?

1. A red fire truck I could pedal
2. other kids, we had a lot of kids in the neighborhood
3. it was sort of like hide and seek. but there was a home base and you had to make it back to the home base without being seen
4. probably playing army
5. pretty well. we seemed not to be all that possessive as kids. then again we didn't have a lot.

[MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]

Did you wear out the fire truck...or out grow it?

So happy [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] asked:

My fabulous trolls.

Other children, but usually one or two at a time.

Pretend. My best friend and I used to orchestrate pretend games, often orphans escaping from some horrible aunt. (Inspiration: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase).

Something very imaginative.

Very well...I used to make troll clothes for anyone who was interested. I was the Coco Chanel of troll fashion.

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

trolls???

Yes. They were Faboo!

:)

TGJohnny7MIB101003Large.jpg

How cool. I love it.

Depends, Playing army the whole neighborhood would get involved, playing with army men was a solitary thing.

True, true.

Smear the queer,[

It is so politically incorrect....but I did too. What a helacious game that was. It's a miracle any of us survived those hits. Great fun.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Hi everyone!
1, after my family moved to the states, it was a basketball and still is, even though I'm 52.
2, To quote one of my grade school teachers, "He plays well with other children", we had many kids my age in our neighborhood.
3, Hide and seek
4, Softball, kickball, anything with balls because as my dad said to me often, "you've got a lot of balls!"
5, Oh, I was a sharing kid!

[MENTION=25493]kiwiman127[/MENTION]

you have no idea how difficult it is not to ask you questions here....... :lol:

Ever lose a ball?

1. I had this stuffed dog named Henry I took everywhere-I once accidentally took it into the bath and that was the end of poor Henry.

2. Alone and I liked it that way

3. Hmmm, tough one, don't remember to be honest. I liked the Spirographs-does that age me? LOL

4. Anything pretend-I had a vivid imagination.

5. I shared very well with everyone but my brother and sister because they were always taking things, LOL-but I was a good sharer.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

poor Henery. Did you get another stuffed dog or something else?

Yes, a snoopy dog. Lasted a long time. I was big into stuffed animals. Much more so that Barbies or anything like that.

1. No one vavorite....my bike (as has been stated) was an integral part of my existence.
2. Lived in AZ....so we were outside all the time playing sports, riding bikes.....always with other kids.
3. Basketball !!!
4. Sports
5. Not as well as I should have.

[MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION]

Basketball as a little guy or as a bigger boy?

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy? Dolls, animal figures, my bike
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? Both...I played with my brother a lot, I had a best friend who lived nearby that I played with. I also played a lot by myself in my room.
Cards, jump rope, monopoly, Red Rover. I spent a lot of time drawing, writing, and coloring.
4. What kind of play were you most interested in? These weird intricate imaginary role playing games (we called it "make believe" lolol). I would play with my dolls for hours...all sorts of dolls. Also had a whole animal village complete with houses and animal figurines. Each animal had a name, a family, a history, a character.

5. How well did you share? Very well but my older brother (5 years older) stole my Raggedy Ann once and tortured her. He ended up running to our mom for protection...he was afraid to get close enough to me to give her back.

[MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION]

what card games did you play?

1. A red firetruck I could ride around in.
2. Both.
3. English Bulldog and Scully.
4. Lots of rough housing.
5. Very well.

[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]

did the firetruck ever make you want to be a fireman when you grew up?

Syrenn, did you fill one out? I'd like to see your answers to these questions too. It's interesting.

Well, since you insist:

1. Mattel Thing-maker.....loved that thing.

2. Probably 50-50

3. My parents' linen closet actually holds all the games we played as kids. Favs were Monopoly, Go for Broke, and Clue

4. Family get togethers with whiffle ball or "Kills'em" (also known as Murder Ball)....and if it snowed and all the cousins came over, we would sled down our hill and jump each other as they slid by. Needless to say, lots of stitches, broken bones and bumped heads in my family.

5. Moderately...

[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]

wow.... good for your mom. Do you enjoy peeking in the closet and looking at them?

1. My doctor's bag.
2. Other children - especially the girls.
3. Playing doctor.
4. Show and tell.
5. Shared very well - and often.

[MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION]

and just what was the instrument you liked best in that doctors bag BBD?

Forum List

Back