The Friday Five

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy?
model airplanes and trucks

2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?
I could and did both, and both were enjoyable

3. What was your favorite children's game?
sand lot baseball

4. What kind of play were you most interested in?
goofing off with guys, going to the beach, swimming in the lagoon

5. How well did you share?
I have always shared well

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]

Did your love of trucks as a little guy translate into but trucks as an adult?

heavy vehicles in 1st Cav

1. My Cylon and Hot Wheels... But most of my Snowman Rig and the Bandits Trans-Am.

2. Other children... Outside as much as possible. We were the typical 70's kids... Get Home when the street lights came on or you were getting whipped. I am blessed to still be close to half a dozen people I have known since I was 5.

3. Hide and Seek and Snowball fights and bombing cars with Snowballs.

4. Legos... Still have much of the stuff I built as a kid because my Dad stored it as I left it when I got older. Found it many years later. Awesome score.

5. I shared tangible things to a Fault but I Hated being copied.

:)

peace...

[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]

your dad saved the built pieces you made? wow. That must have brought back memories when you found them.

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

1. The girl up the street.
2. See Number 1.
3. Emergency Room
4. Biological differences.
5. She was not allowed to see other boys until I moved on..

:eusa_shhh:

[MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION]

:eek:

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy? --- library books
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? --- with others. the neighborhood kids ran wild.
3. What was your favorite children's game? --- playing house with neighbor girls !!!!
4. What kind of play were you most interested in? -- board games
5. How well did you share? -- pretty well, except with my brothers.

[MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION]

Was there any book from the library that you checked out over and over and over again?

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

1. Skateboard
2. Alone
3. Tag
4. sports
5. not very well

[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]

Did you get hurt on your skateboard?

[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION] [MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION] [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] [MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] [MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION] [MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION] [MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION] [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION] [MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION] [MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION] [MENTION=6882]JimH52[/MENTION]@Statistikhengst [MENTION=19762]asaratis[/MENTION] [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION] [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] [MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] [MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION] [MENTION=34695]Locke11_21[/MENTION] [MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION] [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] [MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION] [MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] [MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION] [MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION] [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=17136]bayoubill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION] [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION] [MENTION=31703]williepete[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]@Asclepias [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] [MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=42969]jon_berzerk[/MENTION] [MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION] [MENTION=11735]Mr. President[/MENTION] [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]@Jackson [MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION] [MENTION=32620]earlycuyler[/MENTION] [MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION] [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] [MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION] [MENTION=43614]JohnL.Burke[/MENTION] [MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION] [MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION] [MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION] [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] [MENTION=30646]Ravi[/MENTION] [MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION] [MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION] [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] [MENTION=14617]Cecilie1200[/MENTION] [MENTION=11855]driveby[/MENTION] [MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]froggy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5262]Immanuel[/MENTION] [MENTION=19381]Lonestar_logic[/MENTION] [MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION] [MENTION=36154]Roudy[/MENTION] [MENTION=27941]percysunshine[/MENTION] [MENTION=21905]FA_Q2[/MENTION] [MENTION=45665]protectionist[/MENTION] [MENTION=40891]AzMike[/MENTION] [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION] [MENTION=19448]CrusaderFrank[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION] [MENTION=23516]Papageorgio[/MENTION] [MENTION=20297]Wry Catcher[/MENTION] [MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION] [MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4791]hjmick[/MENTION] [MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION] [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION] [MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION]

If i missed an invite to someone..... im sorry. :) I hope this is something we can all have fun with on Friday!

Oh cripes, I have to be nice in here??????

I guess I'll have to borrow from the "Marty needs to get on an airplane" xanax stash before I post in this thread.

[MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION]

yes.....
:eusa_angel:

1. Emenee Organ
  2. With neighborhood kids
  3. Monopoly, Risk
  4. baseball, board games
  5. pretty well

[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]

omg.... emenee organ...great pic!! How old were you when you got that?

1. Model horses - I was nuts for them :)

2. By myself

3. My best friend and I would make up our own games and they varied, so I didn't have a "favorite"

4. Play that involved my own imagination, or with one friend at a time

5. It depended on the situation...

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

i am sure it was not the my pretty pony kind of horse either.....

did you keep any of them?

Q: As a child, what was your favorite toy?

A: A Winchester rifle like The Rifleman had. Also, a bolt action rifle made of wood and steel. I slew thousands of black hat cowboys and Japs with those things. :D

Q: Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?

A: By myself. The reasons are long and complicated. A messy divorce with custody battles lasting over a decade, resulting in moving every year or so, sometimes living with other family members. Complicated by a mentally ill mother with Munchausen by proxy syndrome, leading to me spending big chunks of my childhood in hospitals.

Q: What was your favorite children's game?

A: Dodgeball.

Q: What kind of play were you most interested in?

A: If reading counts as play, then reading was by far my favorite play activity. I read two to three books a week growing up. My mother taught me to read with Grimm's Fairy Tales when I was four. I was reading college level books by the time I was twelve.

Q: How well did you share?

A: I was not very good at sharing, sad to say. I have done my best to make up for that in adulthood.

[MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION]

reading counts. Did you have favorite types of books?

1. Skateboard
2. Alone
3. Tag
4. sports
5. not very well

[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]

Did you get hurt on your skateboard?

No :cool:

1) Cookie Monster puppet
2) split pretty equal
3) hide n seek tag
4) Macbeth?
5) very

[MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION]

cccoooookkkiiieeee!
:)

were you better at hide n seek...or tag?

1. Model horses - I was nuts for them :)

2. By myself

3. My best friend and I would make up our own games and they varied, so I didn't have a "favorite"

4. Play that involved my own imagination, or with one friend at a time

5. It depended on the situation...

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

i am sure it was not the my pretty pony kind of horse either.....

did you keep any of them?

I had a huge collection but sold off most of them when I started doing things with dogs. I kept a few favorites (I had a set of Julips that I had gotten when we traveled to England - and couldn't bear to part with them). We used to paint, reposition and show them. They still do now only instead of the incredibly high bucks of $30 it's as much as a thousand. Not a hobby I've indulged in for many years now. :)

Is a bike a toy? Otherwise, a toss-up between Barbies and anything 'science'..... I used to design Barbie clothes and sell them.

Is a sibling 'other children'? We were usually best pals.... Had a couple of other friends I'm still in touch with sporadically

The sis is about 3 years older than I - when I was really little, she'd come home from school and play 'teacher' to me while we did her homework. After I got to first grade, that game was over!

Mostly the adventure games we'd make up while riding our bikes and exploring every inch that wasn't built up (which actually was a lot of ground: see Overbrook Park, Philadelphia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Riding bikes, doing 'crafty' things like painting - and reading. We used to ride our bikes over to the library, which was a couple of miles away (see:https://www.google.com/#q=Public+libraries+near+Overbrook+Park,+Phila ), that's 'B' on the map as 'A' didn't exist at the time.......

Extremely well, as a rule: whenever we 2 argued, the parents would stuff us into the smallest room in the house (which became mine again once Dad graduated from evening college), which was 7 x 9 feet. They'd tell us 'Don't come out until you can be friends'...... So we bonded over mutual loathing of parental discipline, LOL.

That and our fascination with felines.....we used to drag home every cat or kitten we could, thinking we might be able to convince our Mom to let us keep it. Never understood how she *always* knew we had a kitty in the house. Once we found out about allergies, we gave up on kitties and tried to love our goldfish - but it just wasn't the same : ((

Now I'm looking at retirement condos which have a walk-in closet the size of that bedroom - and my Sis is planning to move to the same retirement community as we're going to. So I guess that 'sharing' bit really did stick.

[MENTION=37709]MHunterB[/MENTION]

how cool is that..... did you keep some of the outfits you made for the barbies?

Like Coyote I loved my model horses more than anything. Also modeling clay.

With other children when available, but also enjoyed playtime by myself when I could be more creative.

By myself, using the modeling clay to build sets and make up stories using the horses. With the other kids, sandlot baseball and playing cowboys and Indians.

Imaginative stuff acted out with other kids or by myself.

I had no siblings near my own age and all the other neighborhood kids were a lot richer than I was so I didn't have anything they wanted me to share.

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

Can you still "smell" the modeling clay in your memory?

1. major mat mason (action figure) and all the equipment.
2. there were 7 kids in my family so playing by yourself was a luxury, as was spending more then 5 min in the bathroom.
3. hide and seek board game: life
4. don't understand the question ,the word play could mean almost anything.
5. refer to answer 2.

[MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION]

play, as in what did you enjoy doing most to entertain yourself.

I enjoyed all of my toys, but my favorites were my lionel train set along with my hot
wheels race track.

Generally played with the neighborhood kids.

My favorite children's game that I also actively participated in was baseball.

I really enjoyed playing cops and robbers or Cowboys and Indians.

I shared my toys and cookies my mom made with the neighborhood kids.

[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]

Did you ever get the hot weals to go in the 180 loop?

1. Probably my Nintendo or GI Joe figures.
2. i had a group of friends. We kept each other out of trouble. I still talk to most of them.
3. Monopoly. Yeah Im a geek
4. Swimming in the pool during the summer I suppose
5. Well enough. I never had too many complaints.

[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]

did you do the marathon monopoly games? ...and is you wanting the car!

Like Coyote I loved my model horses more than anything. Also modeling clay.

With other children when available, but also enjoyed playtime by myself when I could be more creative.

By myself, using the modeling clay to build sets and make up stories using the horses. With the other kids, sandlot baseball and playing cowboys and Indians.

Imaginative stuff acted out with other kids or by myself.

I had no siblings near my own age and all the other neighborhood kids were a lot richer than I was so I didn't have anything they wanted me to share.

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

Can you still "smell" the modeling clay in your memory?

Yes, and watching the different colors gradually morph into a uniform gray as they always did when they were mixed together. And feel how it felt in my hands and watchng whatever I was creating with it take form.

1. I was never into toys, though I did go to the homes of children that I now realize were more well off, and wished I had a G.I Joe.

2. I played by myself just fine, but always played with others when they were around.

3. Favorite game I guess was War, you know, building forts of some kind and bombing each other with dirt balls and what have you that could be thrown without real harm.

4. Out in the forest building forts or treehouses, pretending we were knights or whatever. In winter, we built caves in the mountains of hay bales stacked in our humogous barns. In summer we built rafts of whatever we could find and sailed down the Kanawha and Ohio Rivers like Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn.

5. I was good at sharing. I usually got what I needed. Now living in Sweden, I know the Vikings once called it "Logrum," which the closest you can interpret is "enough" as they passed a common mug around, and each man took what he needed.

[MENTION=34679]SayMyName[/MENTION]

Did you ever sink in your home made boats?

1- My dolls.

2-With other children.

3-No favorite game.

4-I was more interested in reading books.

5- Like normal children share.

[MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION]

did you have a favorite book?

Forum List

Back