The Front Porch Swing

It's COLD today. I planned on being outside but I am hunkered by my heater.
However, I have a hankering to go to the thrift shop...so....I think I will.
BBL:)

Hi all, How's it going? I'm having a tough time concentrating on work. My brain is fuzzy from lack of sleep. But what else is new? Otherwise the sun is out, about 11 degrees, and despite the lack of sleep, I'm in a fine mood and happy to be here. Thought this was cute:

images

Hi all, How's it going? I'm having a tough time concentrating on work. My brain is fuzzy from lack of sleep. But what else is new? Otherwise the sun is out, about 11 degrees, and despite the lack of sleep, I'm in a fine mood and happy to be here. Thought this was cute:

images

Nummers! Very cute. And now I want watermelon.

I'll find some more later and post them. My boss is trying to send me a message. I suppose I should answer that, LOL. Talk to you guys in a bit.

That picture reminded me. We went to Cracker Barrell the other day and on our receipt was a chance to win one of their rocking chairs so I went to the site and registered. I haven't had one in a long time, since when my daughter was a baby.

What a great invention.

History

Though American inventor Benjamin Franklin is sometimes credited with inventing the rocking chair, historians actually trace the rocking chair's origins to North America during the early 18th century[8] (when Franklin was a child). They were originally used in gardens and were just ordinary chairs with rockers attached. It was in 1725 that early rocking chairs first appeared in England. The production of wicker rocking chairs reached its peak in America during the middle of the 18th century. These wicker rockers, as they were popularly known, were famous for their craftsmanship and creative designs.

Michael Thonet, a German craftsman, created the first bentwood rocking chair in 1860.[9] This design is distinguished by its graceful shape and its light weight. These rocking chairs were influenced by Greek and Roman designs as well as Renaissance and colonial era artistry.[10] During the 1920s, however, folding rocking chairs became more popular in the US and in Europe. They were handy for outdoor activities and travel purposes. By the 1950s, rocking chairs built by Sam Maloof, a US craftsman, became famous for their durability and deluxe appearance. Maloof's rocking chairs are distinguished by their ski-shaped rockers.

Rocking chair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We bought one a long, long time ago....it still rocks.....:razz:

good_morning_008.gif

After my coffee I plan to start work gathering objects I want to get rid of. I've been wanting to do that and other projects get in the way....our area is having a big "yard" sale next month and I want to be ready......whatever doesn't sell is going to Goodwill.....

We do that several times a year. My wife loves fretting over it, I just say, "Pack the boxes and I will move them. Label them where you want them to go."

My hub just wants to put everything in the trash.....arghhhhh.

Every time we moved...he would be taking things to the curb for the trash pick-up and I was going to the curb to retrieve things. You can accumulate a lot of crap in 10 - 20 years......

It's COLD today. I planned on being outside but I am hunkered by my heater.
However, I have a hankering to go to the thrift shop...so....I think I will.
BBL:)

We're finally having a "Texas type" day.....it's around 68 degrees, the sun is out, it's probably warmer outside than inside the house.

That picture reminded me. We went to Cracker Barrell the other day and on our receipt was a chance to win one of their rocking chairs so I went to the site and registered. I haven't had one in a long time, since when my daughter was a baby.

What a great invention.

History

Though American inventor Benjamin Franklin is sometimes credited with inventing the rocking chair, historians actually trace the rocking chair's origins to North America during the early 18th century[8] (when Franklin was a child). They were originally used in gardens and were just ordinary chairs with rockers attached. It was in 1725 that early rocking chairs first appeared in England. The production of wicker rocking chairs reached its peak in America during the middle of the 18th century. These wicker rockers, as they were popularly known, were famous for their craftsmanship and creative designs.

Michael Thonet, a German craftsman, created the first bentwood rocking chair in 1860.[9] This design is distinguished by its graceful shape and its light weight. These rocking chairs were influenced by Greek and Roman designs as well as Renaissance and colonial era artistry.[10] During the 1920s, however, folding rocking chairs became more popular in the US and in Europe. They were handy for outdoor activities and travel purposes. By the 1950s, rocking chairs built by Sam Maloof, a US craftsman, became famous for their durability and deluxe appearance. Maloof's rocking chairs are distinguished by their ski-shaped rockers.

Rocking chair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We bought one a long, long time ago....it still rocks.....:razz:

icwutudidthar.jpg

images

That is cute....deer did that to my watermelons a long time ago, before we got the fence...:)

Didn't find much at the thrift store. But I did get a long sleeve scoop neck blouse and a pair of brand new still tags attached pair of leather sandals. Soon as it warms up, thems goin' on my feetsies!

Didn't find much at the thrift store. But I did get a long sleeve scoop neck blouse and a pair of brand new still tags attached pair of leather sandals. Soon as it warms up, thems goin' on my feetsies!

I promised myself I wouldn't visit thrift stores, antique shops or flea markets until I get rid of some of the junk I been hoarding for some time....if something new comes in, several old things have to go out.....:razz::razz:

I collect old funky jewelry. Not plastic. Got any? How much do you want for it? I like making sun catchers out of it.

I collect old funky jewelry. Not plastic. Got any? How much do you want for it? I like making sun catchers out of it.

No, I only have a bunch of beads I got in New Orleans.....:razz::razz:

Ok. :(

I gathered a bunch of stuff, too. SIL is gonna take it to the swap meet this Sunday to sell with some of her stuff. I am trying really hard to NOT have to rent out that empty spare room. All the money I can get helps. And I also sell my suncathers there too. Well, SHE does. I stay home, and give her a percentage.

I don't have yard sales any more. Nobody comes because they all know me due to my antique shop I used to own. They know I have nothing I will sell for a quarter or a couple of bucks. So...swap meet it goes!

Forum List

Back