The Front Porch Swing

Guys, I know this might not be the right forum but I have a lot of friends in here and I need prayers for my sister Sandi. I think she's giving up. She's not going to let them do any more chemo or radiation. I know I have to respect her wishes but it's damned hard. Thanks y'all. If you don't see me posting much you know why.

I will definitely put time into praying for your sister.

What kind of cancer is she suffering from?

I can't imagine the worry you must feel, I hope that you and your sister are surrounded by positive people, who are hope filled, loving and comforting.

:smiliehug:

Hang in there, Bloodrock, yes, you have bunches of friends in here who is praying for you.

Be strong for Sandi.

Hey [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION]!! Good to see you!

I've been meaning to ask you....do you still live in that yurt?I believe years ago when I was first here you said you did...and in a beautiful location as well. I won't ask the location cuz you might want that private but can I see the yurt again?
Ever since I saw yours..I have wanted one. Never heard of them before either, until I saw yours. Now I am coveting one.

First House, now Yurt.

I'm seeing a pattern.

@HomelessInACardboardBox

Why not? The place is for everybody.

Really good read, yo.

50 Things to Let Go of Before Your Next Birthday

In the fall of 2002, after a stressful day at work, I snapped at Marc and locked myself in our home office to work on a web application I had been coding on the side. Marc’s grandmother, who was living with us at the time, knocked on the office door a few minutes later. “What?” I screamed. She didn’t answer. When I opened the door in frustration, she smiled and said, “Honey, someday you will think it’s funny that you were so darn serious today.”

Boy was she right. And now, every time I catch myself entering a bout of stress-induced irritability, I take a deep breath and do my best to let it GO. Today, I encourage you to do the same.

Truth be told, today is the oldest you’ve ever been and the youngest you will ever be again. It’s kind of scary, but it’s true. If there was ever a perfect day to start letting go of the needless drama and stress that’s been holding you back, that day is today. And since we often use our birthdays as mile markers to track our personal growth and accomplishments, I challenge you to this:

Before your next birthday…

1. Let go of what isn’t helping your soul smile and grow. – Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. Follow a path that moves you. You are always free to do something that makes you smile.

And 49 more.

:thup:

I'm going to do a question of the day in the Stoop. Some'll be easy, some will require some thinking on your part. I'll do the question in green and bolded so people can answer whenever they see it, or see it quoted.

2/4/2014 Question of the Day, aka QOD: What's your favorite color?

Mine is obviously green.

I've been meaning to ask you....do you still live in that yurt?I believe years ago when I was first here you said you did...and in a beautiful location as well. I won't ask the location cuz you might want that private but can I see the yurt again?
Ever since I saw yours..I have wanted one. Never heard of them before either, until I saw yours. Now I am coveting one.

i camp in yurts, especially the oregon coast. i don't live in one. :)

I bet you have a helluva view. But I coulda swore you lived in another country. Did you a few years ago?

I bet you have a helluva view. But I coulda swore you lived in another country. Did you a few years ago?

do you i know you from another board? i only lived out of the country for a year but i think i have not mentioned that on any board in over 10 years.

Forum List

Back