🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

‘The fuse is lit’: Dan Rather says Trump-Russia scandal is about to go off like a bomb

Looking at the video and reading the transcript it's pretty clear that both Franken's question and Sessions' answer are in the context of communication with Russians while acting as a campaign surrogate.

So then, are Democrats saying that they know what he and the Russian talked about when they met, and if so, what was it?
No one said that, its all about Sessions lying to Congress, and he is the attorney general?
Perhaps you missed the point.

If Sessions' answer was in the context of speaking to the Russian as a Trump campaign surrogate, then yeah, he was clearly lying.

But if he and the Russian met in another capacity, then no, he wasn't lying.

So, when they met, what did they talk about?
Either way he lied. Don't spin something that isn't there
So let's get this straight: Sessions said he did not meet with Russians as a Trump surrogate, but you don't know what they met about, and you're still saying he's lying.
He was asked point blank if he had met with any Russians, and he said NO. Is that a lie or not?
You're purposely not taking the comments in context, which tells me you're obfuscating.

Franken asked him if he met with any Russians as a Trump surrogate, and if you actually heard the question, or the answer, you would know that.

This is just political.

As was that corporate whore, Hillary, but you voted for HER!
Surely by now you know that no politician, of any level, has lied more than Trump.

LMAO! Your perspective is showing, Hillaryboy.
No, I posted on Monday a list of 100 Trump lies in just his first 30 days in office. Can you imagine where he will be after a year?

While your list was made up not of lies but things you think are lies because you don't agree with them, the answer to your question is that he'll be chasing Hillary to have a longer list of lies.
Obviously you never bothered to read them, since shortly after a poster listed what he said were Hillary lies. So we have 75 Hillary lies in 8 years, and 100 Trump lies in 30 days

We have what you CLAIM are 100 lies in 30 days. I'm not a Trump fan, but your partisan interpretations are NOT proof.

Looking at the video and reading the transcript it's pretty clear that both Franken's question and Sessions' answer are in the context of communication with Russians while acting as a campaign surrogate.

So then, are Democrats saying that they know what he and the Russian talked about when they met, and if so, what was it?
No one said that, its all about Sessions lying to Congress, and he is the attorney general?

If Sessions' answer was in the context of speaking to the Russian as a Trump campaign surrogate, then yeah, he was clearly lying.

So let's get this straight: Sessions said he did not meet with Russians as a Trump surrogate, but you don't know what they met about, and you're still saying he's lying.
He was asked point blank if he had met with any Russians, and he said NO. Is that a lie or not?

Post the entire question so we can all see what you think is "point blank".

You're purposely not taking the comments in context, which tells me you're obfuscating.

Franken asked him if he met with any Russians as a Trump surrogate, and if you actually heard the question, or the answer, you would know that.

This is just political.
Believe what you want, spin what you want

Post the entire question so we can all see what you think is "point blank".
And the entire answer.

This is just political.
Believe what you want, spin what you want
Ironic post is ironic.

Surely by now you know that no politician, of any level, has lied more than Trump.

No, I posted on Monday a list of 100 Trump lies in just his first 30 days in office. Can you imagine where he will be after a year?

While your list was made up not of lies but things you think are lies because you don't agree with them, the answer to your question is that he'll be chasing Hillary to have a longer list of lies.
Obviously you never bothered to read them, since shortly after a poster listed what he said were Hillary lies. So we have 75 Hillary lies in 8 years, and 100 Trump lies in 30 days

We have what you CLAIM are 100 lies in 30 days. I'm not a Trump fan, but your partisan interpretations are NOT proof.
A lie is a lie unless you try to pretend it isn't

They won't take either the question or the answer in context.

This is political.

They won't take either the question or the answer in context.

This is political.
(CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions met twice last year with the top Russian diplomat in Washington whose interactions with President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn led to Flynn's firing, according to the Justice Department.

Sessions recuses himself from Russia investigations

Sessions did not mention either meeting during his confirmation hearings when he said he knew of no contacts between Trump surrogates and Russians.

The exchange, in context this time, and the context is painfully obvious:

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.
Did he not say that he had no communications with the Russians?

A lie is a lie unless you try to pretend it isn't

You didn't proof read that before you posted, did you? LMAO!!!!

As a surrogate. Why are you choosing to ignore the word BOTH GUYS USED?

We both know why.

We both know why.
you are parsing words. He met with the Russians and said he didn't- thats it

In the context of the questioning, not that he hadn't EVER communicated with Russians. You're partisan interpretation does not persuade. Sorry.

I believe Sessions' decision to recuse himself is proper.
Now, let's get on with the investigation.

We both know why.

No, he's pointing out the REASONABLE interpretation, rejecting your partisan viewpoint.

We both know why.
You're ignoring the obvious.

This is far from over. These leaks are methodical, and timed in a manner that just when Republicans start to get comfortable with Trump, intelligence agencies will leak something else. I believe this leak was probably in response to one Republican intelligence committee member making a comment about the investigation a couple of days ago--basically "stating there's nothing to see."

Republicans really need to pull the thumbs out of their ass's or they're going to end up burning down the entire party with TREASON, OBSTRUCTION & COVER-UP. Republicans on the Ways & Means committee should go ahead and obtain Trump's income tax returns--(something they recently refused to do,) and move ahead very quickly at getting this done.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...nvestigate-mr-trumps-ties-to-russia.html?_r=1

They're going to have to appoint a well VETTED independent prosecutor to handle this. It can't be FBI director James Comey or anyone within the FBI as they are also being investigated for interfering into the election. Republicans clearly can't do this without being accused of covering it up.
DOJ to Investigate James Comey and the FBI

JEFF SESSIONS--needs to resign immediately. He LIED to congress.

This is going much deeper:

Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

Forum List

Back