🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

‘The fuse is lit’: Dan Rather says Trump-Russia scandal is about to go off like a bomb

TooTall, post: 16700180
What has Putin done since Jan 20 that makes you think he is playing Trump?

The proper question for Americans is what has Trump done since he announced his candidacy to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is not in a compromised position due to personal or family financial ties or scandal involving Putin and Russian oligarch's connections around the world.

As a Republican candidate there was no political incentive to express admiration for Putin as a strong leader in such positive ways.

So why does he do it?

. So when Mr. Trump praises Mr. Putin, as he did last week, for his “very strong control over a country,” Republican political and policy experts explain it in purely personal terms: Mr. Trump admires the Russian leader’s ruthless use of power, even if it conflicts with American democratic principles.

Donald Trump’s Admiration of Putin’s Ruthless Use of Power

Putin may be having buyers remorse because Trump's Russia troubles along with strong Republican opposition to close Russian/US ties will limit Putin's desire for lifted sanctions and US recognition of Crimea being re-united with Russia.

So Putin is obviously doing nothing now but watching where the multiple investigations of Russian interference in the election goes.

When is the last time Trump expressed high praise for strong leader Putin?

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia:
CBS terminated Mary Mapes and demanded the resignations of 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard and Howard's top deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy, as well as Senior Vice President Betsy West, who had been in charge of all prime time newscasts. Murphy and West resigned on February 25, 2005,[116] and after settling a legal dispute regarding his level of responsibility for the segment, Josh Howard resigned on March 25, 2005.[117]

Dan Rather announced on November 23, 2004 that he would step down in early 2005 and on March 9th, his 24th anniversary as anchor, he left the network. It is unclear whether or not Rather's retirement was directly caused by this incident, although many believe that he had to step down a year earlier than planned.[118] Les Moonves, CEO of CBS, stated "Dan Rather has already apologized for the segment and taken responsibility for his part in the broadcast. He voluntarily moved to set a date to step down from the 'CBS Evening News' in March of 2005." He added, "We believe any further action would not be appropriate."[119]

Veteran CBS News anchor Dan Rather wrote on Facebook Thursday that the scandal over Pres. Donald Trump’s personal and political connections to the Russian government and those of his aides is like a bomb with a lit fuse.

“Every once in a while in Washington, the fuse is lit for what seems to be a big scandal,” said Rather. “Much more rarely does that fuse lead to an explosion of the magnitude we are seeing with Russia and the new Administration, and frankly the Republicans in Congress.”

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.

Flynn resigned last month after wiretaps on Kislyak’s phone revealed that he and Flynn had multiple conversations prior to the president’s inauguration that Flynn later lied about to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence.

“Sessions is but the latest person close to President Trump who seems to be ensnared in a story that is more worthy of Hollywood melodrama than the reality of the governance of our country. Democrats are calling for Sessions to resign, and this story could move very quickly,” said Rather on Facebook.

I hope Dan rather gets penis cancer and dies. He is a lying piece of shit. I don't care how many times he reported in NAM. Fuck him.
He was even involved in inventing fake news re: the JFK assassination - he put out a story that kids at a local elementary were cheering when they heard Kennedy was dead. What rather did not not know was that his boss at the time had a child in the school and the story was proven false - the local CBS people wanted him fired but someone higher up squashed it

Wow......

He is everything that is wrong with the media. A friend of mine worked at CBS in NYC in the mid 1990s. =She said he is a total DIVA and jackass and everyone who worked at CBS hated his guts.

The only news story involving DAN RATHER that I want to see is an obituary. He is scum.
Sessions lied. This has nothing to do with the fact of Rather's report. Sessions lied.
DEFINE A LIE ... DEFINE SEX No he did not lie just as Monica did not get fked - she got a cigar - perhaps you should try one little fella - go ahead stick in your mouth you know how to do that dont ya - you put your 2 lips together and blow
Define "fired".

"As financial headaches cramped Trump’s style in the US, the property tycoon’s organisation stepped up efforts to win Russian business." FT

Tom Horn, post: 16700198
Which ones....the '91 and '92 bankruptcies were before Putin came into power. The 2004, and 2009 ones were reorganizations and nobody "bailed out" anybody. So clarify what you said or admit you're a liar.

It's not all about direct financial ties to Putin.

Trump owes much of his post 2000 recovery to Russians.

Just for the record. These are the known one's

What lurks off record? Putin may have more knowledge of that than we do.

TRUMP’S RUSSIA DEALS AND LINKS MULTIPLY
As financial headaches cramped Trump’s style in the US, the property tycoon’s organisation stepped up efforts to win Russian business.

tevfik-arif.jpg

Tevfik Arif
Trump’s Russia-connected business partners
By the 2000s, corporate bankruptcies had limited Donald Trump’s access to capital markets. An FT investigation showed that the tycoon joined forces with Bayrock, a New York property developer founded by a Soviet-born newcomer to the US, Tevfik Arif, to pursue deals around the world. Their best-known collaboration was Trump SoHo, a 46-storey hotel-condominium completed in 2010.

Read more

ilya-reznik.jpg

Ilya Reznik
Coastal Miami becomes little Moscow
Throughout the 2000s, records show Russians were buying millions of dollars of Trump- branded real estate in the US, according to property records reviewed by the FT. The Trump Organisation said it did not believe Russians spent more money on Trump ventures than those from other regions. Russian real estate broker Ilya Reznik told the FT that Russian could be heard everywhere in the Trump properties on the Florida coast.

trump-luxury-vodka.jpg

Trump Luxury Vodka
Trump Luxury vodka makes a splash in Moscow
Trump and his partners promoted their “24K Super Premium Vodka”, a luxury vodka sold in a bottle decorated with 24-karat gold, at the Millionaire Fair in Moscow in 2007. The fair lured Russian high-spenders with luxury yachts, diamond-encrusted mobile phones and entire islands for sale. The venture later went out of business.

Read more

dmitry-rybolovlev.jpg

Dmitry Rybolovlev
The oligarch who bought Trump’s mansion
Trump’s single biggest reported Russian deal to date came in 2008 when fertiliser billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev purchased the tycoon’s Palm Beach mansion for $95m. Trump boasted of the profit he made on the deal, having bought the property four years earlier for only £41m. Trump denied ever meeting the oligarch and said “he just happened to be from Russia”.

Read more

eric-trump.jpg

Eric Trump
Trump’s sons promote Russian business
At the same time, the Trump family were gushing with praise for Russians. While marketing Trump SoHo, the tycoon’s second son, Eric, told Russian journalists that “the best property buyers are now Russian” while Trump himself said: “I really like Vladimir Putin.” Trump’s first son, Donald Jr, told eTurboNews that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets…we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia”.

sergei-millian.jpg

Sergei Millian
The Russian middleman claiming to act for Trump
One of the people who said he brought Russian money into Trump projects was Sergei Millian, head of the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce. His organisation said in 2009 it had “signed formal agreements with The Trump Organisation” to service Russian real estate clients and Millian bragged about winning Trump’s affection at the 2007 Millionaire Fair in Moscow. The Trump Organisation denied that Trump had any relationship with him.

Read more

aras-agalarov.jpg

Aras Agalarov
Trump’s Russian beauty pageant
Moscow property billionaire Aras Agalarov signed a $14m deal to bring Trump’s Miss Universe beauty pageant to Moscow in 2013. Trump invited Vladimir Putin, tweeting that the Kremlin chief would be his “new best friend” if he came. The Russian president instead sent a trusted envoy, Kremlin property chief Vladimir Kozhin and a “beautiful present”. At the show, Agalarov claimed he had a deal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

RUSSIAN RUCTIONS IN TRUMP'S ELECTION CAMPAIGN
When Trump made his run for the presidency, a volley of pro-Moscow remarks and a slate of advisers with notable Russian connections rang alarm bells in Washington.

vladimir-putin.jpg

Vladimir Putin
Trump strikes a pro-Moscow tone
Trump attracted attention for multiple comments praising Vladimir Putin and his policies. Last December, Putin called Trump “talented”, a compliment Trump described as a “great honour”. This summer Trump appeared to incite Moscow to hack into Hillary Clinton’s private emails. At a 2014 press lunch, Trump claimed to have spoken “indirectly and directly” with Putin, “who could not have been nicer”. He subsequently denied ever meeting Putin.

Read more

paul-manafort.jpg

Paul Manafort
Ex-chairman of Trump's campaign
Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort quit in August 2016 amid controversy over his work advising the pro-Moscow former president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych. Ousted from power in 2014 amid allegations of massive embezzlement, Yanukovych fled to Russia. Ukrainian authorities found a ledger showing $12.7m in off-book payments to Manafort by Yanukovych’s party, payments Manafort has strongly denied receiving. Manafort’s interpreter had a background in Russian military intelligence, according to colleagues.

Read more

carter-page.jpg

Carter Page
Trump's former foreign policy adviser
Manafort is not the only Trump adviser to quit over Russian links. Carter Page, a former Merrill Lynch banker and adviser to Russian state energy company Gazprom, was named by Trump as a foreign policy adviser. The New York Times has reported that FBI agents examined during the summer numerous possible connections between Russians and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle, including Mr Manafort and Mr Page, as well as a mysterious and unexplained trail of computer activity between the Trump Organization and an email account at a large Russian bank, Alfa Bank. Page resigned from the Trump campaign in September.

Read more

richard-burt.jpg

Richard Burt
The former ambassador with a Russian link
Richard Burt, an ex-US ambassador to Germany, helped draft a Trump foreign policy speech in April, while earning hundreds of thousands of dollars lobbying for a Russian- backed gas pipeline that would extend Putin’s leverage over Europe. Burt told the FT he was “not in any way officially involved” with Trump’s campaign, but provided “some ideas or language” for the speech. Burt advises the owners of Russia’s Alfa Group, who have close Kremlin ties.

Subscription

Still no good explanation why Trump went out of his way to praise Putin.

As a surrogate. Why are you choosing to ignore the word BOTH GUYS USED?

We both know why.
you are parsing words. He met with the Russians and said he didn't- thats it
You're ignoring the obvious.
The obvious is what will shortly lead to Sessions resignation. Do you see anyone in his own party defending him? Only you
Uh oh, problem. I voted for Hillary. I voted against Trump.

I'm just not going to lie to win. This is a lie.
You are the ONLY one to feel this way. Who is Congress is defending Sessions, and they know a whole lot more than you
I'm just looking at what was actually said. I would want the same thing done for me if I had said it.

Since I'm not ideological, I can just be honest.

As a surrogate. Why are you choosing to ignore the word BOTH GUYS USED?

We both know why.
you are parsing words. He met with the Russians and said he didn't- thats it
You're ignoring the obvious.
The obvious is what will shortly lead to Sessions resignation. Do you see anyone in his own party defending him? Only you
Uh oh, problem. I voted for Hillary. I voted against Trump.

I'm just not going to lie to win. This is a lie.
Dont bull shyte us, son
What's the bullshit?

I have been specific and I have clearly laid out my reasoning.

Rather was not fired.
Dan Rather WAS fired!
How does that change what is happening with Sessions? You can't defend him so you have to make it about Rather. Very typical.
I was talking about Dan Rather. and NOT Sessions! But The Jeff Sessions, claim is another Fake News Story.
The topic is Sessions and your fake news claim is psychotic denial.

He is a proven liar.
So is Trump but you voted for him

As was that corporate whore, Hillary, but you voted for HER!
Surely by now you know that no politician, of any level, has lied more than Trump.

LMAO! Your perspective is showing, Hillaryboy.
No, I posted on Monday a list of 100 Trump lies in just his first 30 days in office. Can you imagine where he will be after a year?
The problem with youis, you believe Obama's lies. Like the fast and furious lie.

Does anyone besides me think that all these accusations of Russia did this and that, with no proof.
Do you think they will finally get tired of it.
And what is wrong with talking to Russia, I don't remember ever having a problem with a Russian but we give billions to country that chants death to America, did Russia do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did we change from Obama loving Putin to it being bad to have anything to do with Russia?

Hmmm....very interesting.

The 1950s called, they want their McCarthyism back.

So is Trump but you voted for him

Surely by now you know that no politician, of any level, has lied more than Trump.

No, I posted on Monday a list of 100 Trump lies in just his first 30 days in office. Can you imagine where he will be after a year?
The problem with youis, you believe Obama's lies. Like the fast and furious lie.
You bring up one very questionable lie, while we have documented 100 Rump lies in his 1st 30 days.

Does anyone besides me think that all these accusations of Russia did this and that, with no proof.
Do you think they will finally get tired of it.
And what is wrong with talking to Russia, I don't remember ever having a problem with a Russian but we give billions to country that chants death to America, did Russia do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually we gave them very little, most of the money that was THEIRS to begin with came from Europe. Get you BS straight

You bring up one very questionable lie, while we have documented 100 Rump lies in his 1st 30 days.
Trump didn't lie, you really are this stupid, aren't you?

Not one lie, but by now over 100.

It's funny how Rather got caught lying, as many others do when they forge documents.

They use modern word processors with FONTS that were NOT invented at the time the MEMO was supposedly wrtitten.

OOPS!!!! A "JOURNALIST" got BUSTED LYING THOUGH HIS TEETH.

Dan Rather is one of the original media lying snowflakes. As long as he can push his personal beliefs, he will lie without pause,

It's funny how Rather got caught lying, as many others do when they forge documents.

They use modern word processors with FONTS that were NOT invented at the time the MEMO was supposedly wrtitten.

Dan Rather is one of the original media lying snowflakes. As long as he can push his personal beliefs, he will lie without pause,
Are you telling us that Jeff Sessions never lied to Congress, never said that he had no contact with Russians?

Not one lie, but by now over 100.
My goodness even Obama lied about how his parents him. Lol. Your delusional.

Are you telling us that Jeff Sessions never lied to Congress, never said that he had no contact with Russians?
17021735_394635187579008_7614726021001702764_n.jpg

Forum List

Back