The Gaystapo is at it again

You are correct that this isn't a muslim nation...nor is it a christian nation....it is a secular nation...with rule of law...NOT sharia law of any kind.
You're continued misuse and abuse of the term "sharia law" shows only ignorance of Christianity. You should thank your door knob or whatever it is your worship that Bible believers founded this nation instead of muslims.
Why would I worship a door knob. That's just odd. And there were more than bible believers that founded this nation. In fact, they knew what bad could happen in a theocracy, even a christian one.....by learning from the Puritans who banished and hanged people different than themselves and those who refused to go to church for hours at a time.
Blah, blah, and more blah. They knew what could happen when a government suppresses freedom of religion. That's why they included that little claus you leftists abhor and wished wasn't there....."free exercise thereof".

On what do you base your contention that "leftists" abhor the free exercise of religion? Do you need to be reminded again that doesn't just apply to Christianity?
It does when the
You are correct that this isn't a muslim nation...nor is it a christian nation....it is a secular nation...with rule of law...NOT sharia law of any kind.
You're continued misuse and abuse of the term "sharia law" shows only ignorance of Christianity. You should thank your door knob or whatever it is your worship that Bible believers founded this nation instead of muslims.
Why would I worship a door knob. That's just odd. And there were more than bible believers that founded this nation. In fact, they knew what bad could happen in a theocracy, even a christian one.....by learning from the Puritans who banished and hanged people different than themselves and those who refused to go to church for hours at a time.
Blah, blah, and more blah. They knew what could happen when a government suppresses freedom of religion. That's why they included that little claus you leftists abhor and wished wasn't there....."free exercise thereof".

On what do you base your contention that "leftists" abhor the free exercise of religion? Do you need to be reminded again that doesn't just apply to Christianity?
The continual culture war from the left attacking Christians while excusing muslims, and you're one of them.

Awww, poor snowflake gets picked on? You don't realize that the clause refers to the government passing laws, not your tender feelings, right?

Why should my money pay for your public display? Is your faith so weak that you cannot sustain it unless there are religious displays everywhere in public? Not a very strong religion then, is it?
That's purely your opinion. You're entitled to it, and you can thank the men that believed in the Judeo/Christian God for your freedom to think that opinion because if this were a muslim nation you wouldn't have that right. Idiot.

BS Filter
You should come to the US. You can practice whatever religion you choose, anyplace you wish.

In fact, you are free to NOT be forced to agree with any religion if you wish.

One real problem though - It dosn't matter which god you worship, in the US you are forced to subsidize christians. You have no choice about paying higher taxes to support christian holidays. Pretty crappy but throughout the world, christians get special treatment.

I aint gay but liberty is liberty.

You'd probably bring back slavery, child labor and keep women from voting...So you certainly don't believe in it...Maybe 18th century form of it but not todays that is for sure.
Anyone who thinks humans can change sex upon a whim is obviously anti science.
Anyone who things transgenderism is a whim is a complete mouth breathing moron.

Does it? Or does it show your ignorance of Sharia?

Regardless, the founders decided that all religions should be equally treated. The Jews, Christians and Muslims that all worship the same god AND those that worship a different god(s).
I understand Sharia. Try me. What is it about Islam that you like?

Pretty much the same things I like about Christianity...not a whole lot. To an "outsider", they are two sides of the same coin.
To a person ignorant of both ideologies, they're pretty much two sides of the same coin.

Conversely, someone who knows a lot about both sees there is little difference in the religions. What is different is the culture of the followers.
Wrong. I am well educated in both, and there is a vast difference.

You'd probably bring back slavery, child labor and keep women from voting...So you certainly don't believe in it...Maybe 18th century form of it but not todays that is for sure.
Anyone who thinks mental state trumps hardware must call me a unicorn, because I feel like a unicorn.

PUBLIC....why should my tax dollars pay for YOUR religious display? Unless you are willing to pony up YOUR tax dollars for MY religious displays...and everyone elses. Are you willing?
Oh, cut the crap. The United States has been honoring the Judeo/Christian culture since day one and you and your pals keep trying to shut it down. We're gonna keep things like they are, that's all.
Why should my money pay for your public display? Is your faith so weak that you cannot sustain it unless there are religious displays everywhere in public? Not a very strong religion then, is it?
That's purely your opinion. You're entitled to it, and you can thank the men that believed in the Judeo/Christian God for your freedom to think that opinion because if this were a muslim nation you wouldn't have that right. Idiot.

"sharia law" is what Mike Pence, and other bible thumpers want in the US.

You should be careful what you wish for.

Do you really want the US govt to force you to believe in one god over another? Think before you answer.

Does it? Or does it show your ignorance of Sharia?

Regardless, the founders decided that all religions should be equally treated. The Jews, Christians and Muslims that all worship the same god AND those that worship a different god(s).

Pretty much the same things I like about Christianity...not a whole lot. To an "outsider", they are two sides of the same coin.
To a person ignorant of both ideologies, they're pretty much two sides of the same coin.

Conversely, someone who knows a lot about both sees there is little difference in the religions. What is different is the culture of the followers.

Okay resident theologian, tell us the differences. Top 5 would be fine.

Anyone who thinks mental state trumps hardware must call me a unicorn, because I feel like a unicorn.

If that's what the law says and if you fulfill the legal requirements to be considered a unicorn then, yes, you are correct.

BS Filter
You should come to the US. You can practice whatever religion you choose, anyplace you wish.

One real problem though - It dosn't matter which god you worship, in the US you are forced to subsidize christians. You have no choice about paying higher taxes to support christian holidays. Pretty crappy but throughout the world, christians get special treatment.
US citizens are forced to pay taxes for Christian holiays? Do tell. Explain that one to me....if you can.

And yet, oddly, actual mental health professionals hold a vastly different view. Why do you imagine that people who have studied these things for decades come to a completely different conclusion than you do?

It does when the

The continual culture war from the left attacking Christians while excusing muslims, and you're one of them.
It's always interested me that when people such as Seawytch and myself say something about christians, we are attacking them.....when we say the exact same thing about muslims, we are excusing them.....When we say the exact same thing.
Patriarchal religions have a lot in common. What saves the Western world today from christians doing the same thing that muslim countries do are our secular laws, thanks to the Enlightenment. All one has to do is look to the Puritans and they were just as bad as Iran is today...

BS Filter

US citizens are forced to pay taxes for Christian holiays? Do tell. Explain that one to me....if you can.
Do our taxes pay for religious decorations in cities/towns/villages?

And yet, oddly, actual mental health professionals hold a vastly different view. Why do you imagine that people who have studied these things for decades come to a completely different conclusion than you do?
Just because people will lose their jobs to call some sexual perversions normal only has weight with sexual deviants.

I would like to come out at this time as vehemently anti-gay and a proud homophobe.
Thank you.

no one cares what you think.... certainly the law doesn't.

but here's some reading for you, hack

Study: Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals
Yep, and Christophobes may be hidden Christians. Yup.
It's possible.....you got any examples like we've got lots of examples of homophobes being self-loathing gays?

BS Filter

As a community organizer once said, elections have consequences.

Just because people will lose their jobs to call some sexual perversions normal only has weight with sexual deviants.
What is your medical expertise on this topic?

BS Filter

As a community organizer once said, elections have consequences.
Indeed they do......indeed they do. But are you trying to assert that elections allow people to take civil rights from fellow citizens?

I'm heterosexual. I've never questioned that. I do not get up in the morning and decide to be heterosexual again today. I suspect that Weatherman2020 doesn't either but I could be wrong.

Not to mention that the mouth breathers are ignoring that this person followed the letter of the law. The cop did not. In this case, that's all that matters.

Seawytch

I LOVE your signature. LOVE IT.

Now you're flailing. Mental health professionals almost universally agree on recommended treatment for gender identity issues. They don't base their conclusions on fear of getting fired, but by studying the issue for years. Have you done that? Did you know that studies of their brains have been done?

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain?

Okay resident theologian, tell us the differences. Top 5 would be fine.
Well, obviously I am better educated in Christianity and Islam than you. First of all The Christian God is Love and forgiveness. Second. The muslim god is a god that requires murder to unbelievers. Third.The Christian God came to earth to show us love and forgiveness of sins, then He paid the price himself for the sins of man. Fourth. The muslim god doesn't forgive sins and didn't die for the sins of man, but requires the blood of each to pay for their own sins. Fifth. The Christian KNOWS they are saved and have eternal Life with God through faith in Jesus. The muslim never knows for sure of their salvation. They have no confidence. They have no Savior.

You can research more on your own if you want to.

Forum List

Back