The Gaystapo is at it again

Oh you mean the Constitution? The one that keeps our secular laws from being all about any one religion....or any religion? That Constitution?
Yes, that Constitution that states believers have "free exercise thereof". You don't like that part, huh.

I like that part fine...you realize it applies to ALL religions, right?
No, it doesn't. Not if your religion doesn't support the Constitution. Islam hates the Constitution. The ideologies are incompatible.

Yeah, it actually does. The Constitution applies to all religions. Jefferson made a point of including Muslims.
Really? You believe that Jefferson was a supporter of Islam because he owned a Quran? This is going to be good. Show me how Jefferson liked and supported Islam.

Do you not understand words? Including, not supporting...however...

Jefferson’s pluralistic vision
Was Jefferson thinking about Muslims when he drafted his famed Virginia legislation?

Indeed, we find evidence for this in the Founding Father’s 1821 autobiography, where he happily recorded that a final attempt to add the words “Jesus Christ” to the preamble of his legislation failed. And this failure led Jefferson to affirm that he had intended the application of the Statute to be “universal.”

By this he meant that religious liberty and political equality would not be exclusively Christian. For Jefferson asserted in his autobiography that his original legislative intent had been “to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan [Muslim], the Hindoo, and Infidel of every denomination.”

By defining Muslims as future citizens in the 18th century, in conjunction with a resident Jewish minority, Jefferson expanded his “universal” legislative scope to include every one of every faith.

Ideas about the nation’s religiously plural character were tested also in Jefferson’s presidential foreign policy with the Islamic powers of North Africa. President Jefferson welcomed the first Muslim ambassador, who hailed from Tunis, to the White House in 1805. Because it was Ramadan, the president moved the state dinner from 3:30 p.m. to be “precisely at sunset,” a recognition of the Tunisian ambassador’s religious beliefs, if not quite America’s first official celebration of Ramadan.
Why Jefferson's defense of Muslims matters today

Get out of my country.

No, I’ll stay in my country thanks...the one I proudly served for 20 years. What branch of service were you in?
Thanks for your service. However, that doesn't give you moral authority over a taxpayer that supported you. Keep your nasty perversion to yourself and out of my schools.

It actually does gives me moral authority over you. I pay taxes AND volunteered to serve...you just pay taxes. Regardless, I'll stay in.MY country, thanks.
Sorry, you have no legal moral authority over me. That's just in your arrogant ignorant head. This country belongs to God-fearing people that believe in playing by the rules and enforcement of the laws. We believe in treating everyone the same and the Constitution as originally written. You're not going to take this land from us.
This country belongs to citizens....there's no requirement to fear any god or goddess involved.
Whatever. You believe whatever you want, and allow the rest of us Christians to believe whatever we want. If you will do that, there will be peace and harmony. Leave us alone.

Yes, that Constitution that states believers have "free exercise thereof". You don't like that part, huh.

No, it doesn't. Not if your religion doesn't support the Constitution. Islam hates the Constitution. The ideologies are incompatible.

Yeah, it actually does. The Constitution applies to all religions. Jefferson made a point of including Muslims.
Really? You believe that Jefferson was a supporter of Islam because he owned a Quran? This is going to be good. Show me how Jefferson liked and supported Islam.
Including doesn't necessarily mean supporting....why do you change words?
Jefferson wasn't including Islam when the Constitution was written. That's a lie.

Jefferson wasn't including Islam when the Constitution was written. That's a lie.
Jefferson didn't write the Constitution....:71:

No, I’ll stay in my country thanks...the one I proudly served for 20 years. What branch of service were you in?
Thanks for your service. However, that doesn't give you moral authority over a taxpayer that supported you. Keep your nasty perversion to yourself and out of my schools.

It actually does gives me moral authority over you. I pay taxes AND volunteered to serve...you just pay taxes. Regardless, I'll stay in.MY country, thanks.
Sorry, you have no legal moral authority over me. That's just in your arrogant ignorant head. This country belongs to God-fearing people that believe in playing by the rules and enforcement of the laws. We believe in treating everyone the same and the Constitution as originally written. You're not going to take this land from us.
This country belongs to citizens....there's no requirement to fear any god or goddess involved.
Whatever. You believe whatever you want, and allow the rest of us Christians to believe whatever we want. If you will do that, there will be peace and harmony. Leave us alone.
And when have you been stopped from believing whatever it is you believe?

Oh....only when you try to force it onto others with christian sharia.....that's when.

Was Jefferson thinking about Muslims when he drafted his famed Virginia legislation?

Indeed, we find evidence for this in the Founding Father’s 1821 autobiography, where he happily recorded that a final attempt to add the words “Jesus Christ” to the preamble of his legislation failed. And this failure led Jefferson to affirm that he had intended the application of the Statute to be “universal.”

By this he meant that religious liberty and political equality would not be exclusively Christian. For Jefferson asserted in his autobiography that his original legislative intent had been “to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan [Muslim], the Hindoo, and Infidel of every denomination.”

By defining Muslims as future citizens in the 18th century, in conjunction with a resident Jewish minority, Jefferson expanded his “universal” legislative scope to include every one of every faith.

Ideas about the nation’s religiously plural character were tested also in Jefferson’s presidential foreign policy with the Islamic powers of North Africa. President Jefferson welcomed the first Muslim ambassador, who hailed from Tunis, to the White House in 1805. Because it was Ramadan, the president moved the state dinner from 3:30 p.m. to be “precisely at sunset,” a recognition of the Tunisian ambassador’s religious beliefs, if not quite America’s first official celebration of Ramadan.
Jefferson wasn't including muslims in the first Amendment. That's a lie. Show me the link where you copied this from.

Sure sounds like he included them to me.

Here we go, folks. The twisting and turning begins. Islam was not in their thoughts when the First Amendment was written.

Of course it does. I'm sure when you read the Constitution you see many things that aren't there. I'm convinced of it.

Oh....only when you try to force it onto others with christian sharia.....that's when.
You'd like to tell us when and where to practice Christianity. That "Christian Sharia" crap is getting old. Idiot.

Here we go, folks. The twisting and turning begins. Islam was not in their thoughts when the First Amendment was written.
No specific religion was in the Framers' thoughts when they wrote the First Amendment.

You'd like to tell us when and where to practice Christianity. You'd like to ban all pubic displays.
PUBLIC....why should my tax dollars pay for YOUR religious display? Unless you are willing to pony up YOUR tax dollars for MY religious displays...and everyone elses. Are you willing?

Of course it does. I'm sure when you read the Constitution you see many things that aren't there. I'm convinced of it.
Yep...for example...marriage isn't in it at all...but equal treatment under the law is.

No specific religion was in the Framers' thoughts when they wrote the First Amendment.
Bullcorn. The Bible was their book. Their culture was Judeo/Christian. Everyone had a Bible. Washington grabbed a Bible when he took his oath. Sell your rewritten history to naïve college kids.

Bullcorn. The Bible was their book. Their culture was Judeo/Christian. Everyone had a Bible. Washington grabbed a Bible when he took his oath. Sell your rewritten history to naïve college kids.
Really? Then why isn't their bible, their religion, specifically mentioned in the First Amendment?

You'd like to tell us when and where to practice Christianity. You'd like to ban all pubic displays.
PUBLIC....why should my tax dollars pay for YOUR religious display? Unless you are willing to pony up YOUR tax dollars for MY religious displays...and everyone elses. Are you willing?
Oh, cut the crap. The United States has been honoring the Judeo/Christian culture since day one and you and your pals keep trying to shut it down. We're gonna keep things like they are, that's all.

Really? Then why isn't their bible, their religion, specifically mentioned in the First Amendment?
Because they were men of honor and tolerance, not like you. They believed in freedom, unlike you. However, it is true that Washington grabbed a bible to take his oath.

Oh, cut the crap. The United States has been honoring the Judeo/Christian culture since day one and you and your pals keep trying to shut it down. We're gonna keep things like they are, that's all.
Why should my money pay for your public display? Is your faith so weak that you cannot sustain it unless there are religious displays everywhere in public? Not a very strong religion then, is it?

Because they were men of honor and tolerance, not like you. They believed in freedom, unlike you. However, it is true that Washington grabbed a bible to take his oath.
Yes, they believed in freedom....as in freedom from someone telling them what religion they had to be...and freedom from their tax dollars paying for someone else's superstition being displayed in public places.

And Washington had the freedom to grab a bible.....and we all have the freedom to grab or NOT grab a bible if we wish. It's called CHOICE.

Yes, they believed in freedom....as in freedom from someone telling them what religion they had to be...and freedom from their tax dollars paying for someone else's superstition being displayed in public places.

And Washington had the freedom to grab a bible.....and we all have the freedom to grab or NOT grab a bible if we wish. It's called CHOICE.
Every four years taxpayers pay for an inauguration where most of the time a Bible is used for the oath of office. Prayers to the One True Judeo/Christian God are spoken. You're not going to stop that.

Forum List

Back