The Genesis Conflict - 102 - A Universal Flood

What do clocks and calendars have to do with whether or not something happened by chance? Because we came up with time measurements based on the rotation and orbit of the planet, there is an intelligence behind it's motion?

The question is why we can count on it ?

Why is the sun in the right position to benefit us ?

Why is the moon in just the right place to benefit us ?

You might believe in chance or coincedence but I do not.

That is like walking through a forest and finding a something you have never seen before like a watch or a home and coming to the conclusion that these by chance were formed over time.

The sun isn't in perfect position to benefit us, people get skin cancer all the time. Look at the 2 poles, there because of the sun's toxins and it's not an infinite sun. It'll burn out in time leaving everything dead.

The only species arrogant enough to think the entire universe was created for him, is man.

How do you know? Do you talk to the animals? Have you spoken with beings from other planets?

Ever met a cat?

That is like walking through a forest and finding a something you have never seen before like a watch or a home and coming to the conclusion that these by chance were formed over time.

The sun isn't in perfect position to benefit us, people get skin cancer all the time. Look at the 2 poles, there because of the sun's toxins and it's not an infinite sun. It'll burn out in time leaving everything dead.

The only species arrogant enough to think the entire universe was created for him, is man.

Last night I watched a science show can't remember the scientist he said the sun will increase in heat and size. That everything on earth will die,and eventually like other planets will be absorbed by the sun.

This is suppost to happen in 5 billion years.

And I imagine by then we will either have spread to the stars, or will be in heaven with our creator.

Last night I watched a science show can't remember the scientist he said the sun will increase in heat and size. That everything on earth will die,and eventually like other planets will be absorbed by the sun.

This is suppost to happen in 5 billion years.

And I imagine by then we will either have spread to the stars, or will be in heaven with our creator.

Or God will stop the entropy we are currently seeing and we will be here on a beautiful earth where he intended man to be.

AazPI9JCEAIy7ce.jpg

"Science is too complicated for me, posters are not."

A man wrote that God stretched out the heavens and it's still going on today not to mention that it is so vast .

What question do you want answered ?

The planet remains on the same plane we can set our clocks and calendar by it that just happened by chance :lol:

What do clocks and calendars have to do with whether or not something happened by chance? Because we came up with time measurements based on the rotation and orbit of the planet, there is an intelligence behind it's motion?

You are equating the fact that there are physical laws which govern our universe to finding a watch in the woods. :cuckoo:

I also believe, based on previous posts of yours, that you consider the circumstances of the Earth to be unique in the universe and that that is coloring your opinion. I wonder if, should we find other planets in the same basic circumstances (distance from their star, period of orbit, size of the planet, etc.) if you might change that opinion.

Believe god created everything, that's fine. Some of your arguments that are supposedly evidence for that seem very flawed to me, though.

The numbers of judeo-christians that believed the earth was flat was exaggerated. Evolutionist at the time of darwin seized on that to try and portray the bible as teaching a flat earth ,they also taught believers were nuts believing in a flat earth when science knew better.

Early scientist that were creationist never believed in a flat earth.

The bible does not teach it.
The Bible obviously presumes the earth is flat.

Isaiah 40:22

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

The numbers of judeo-christians that believed the earth was flat was exaggerated. Evolutionist at the time of darwin seized on that to try and portray the bible as teaching a flat earth ,they also taught believers were nuts believing in a flat earth when science knew better.

Early scientist that were creationist never believed in a flat earth.

The bible does not teach it.
The Bible obviously presumes the earth is flat.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Circle =/=sphere

Circle =/=sphere

:lol: You people are pathetic... now who's relying on 'faith'?

I'm glad you obviously take Jesus's Golden Rule so very seriously in your day to day activities.

A circle isn't a sphere, that doesn't take any faith. When a book repeatedly refers to 4 corners, and from that description you get the shape of a sphere, now that's some seriously faith right there. Assuming the book means the opposite of what it says.

Circle =/=sphere

I'm glad you obviously take Jesus's Golden Rule so very seriously in your day to day activities.

A circle isn't a sphere, that doesn't take any faith. When a book repeatedly refers to 4 corners, and from that description you get the shape of a sphere, now that's some seriously faith right there. Assuming the book means the opposite of what it says.

Well, all I can say is that the 'circle does not equal a sphere' argument is pretty weak. But, if it makes you happy, go for it. And that was written approx. 700 - 800 BC by the way. :razz:

Well, all I can say is that the 'circle does not equal a sphere' argument is pretty weak. But, if it makes you happy, go for it. And that was written approx. 700 - 800 BC by the way. :razz:

That's not the only argument, read through the thread, there's tons of other examples.

I'm not even attacking the men who made up the Bible, of course they wouldn't know these things yet.

That's not the only argument, read through the thread, there's tons of other examples.

I'm not even attacking the men who made up the Bible, of course they wouldn't know these things yet.

But apparently Isaiah did. :eusa_shhh:

You know a circle can be flat, correct?

You know a circle can be flat, correct?

Yeah, it was just a co-inkiedink to use that adjective/description when in fact the Earth, when viewed from space, i.e. heavens, looks just like a..... *gasp* CIRCLE!!!!

The video pointed out the one layer of strata that is world wide which contains all complex organisms and is the reason why gould and eldredge had to come up with an explanation as to why all of a sudden all complex organisms just showed up. It's called punctuated equilibrium.
I missed the discussion of this "one layer of strata that is world wide which contains all complex organisms" and still can't find it. Do you have some idea where in the vid it is found?

I'm interested, because to the best of my knowledge, no such layer that conforms to the predictable expectations unique to a global flood has been discovered.

I am gonna ignore all the other threads if you wish to continue this is the only thread I will respond in. Tired of jumping from thread to thread.

I'm sorry my mistake here is the video you may not have seen.

103 - Bones In Stones - Amazing Discoveries TV

Oh. Another presentation of deliberate misinformation by Professor Veith.

Considering how patently dishonest this asshat is, and how perversely consistent he is about asserting the validity of the demonstrable patent errors of fact he presents, I would normally be surprised that his presentations would be brought to the table as a constructive contributor to a discussion.

I'm just not at all surprised you did. I'm just surprised that MarcATL didn't beat you to it.

I just wish I could find this discussion of "the one layer of strata that is world wide which contains all complex organisms" you're talking about.

Joe already squashed the entire video, that's why I'm trying to get you to respond to his post, which you refuse to.

You show me where he did that or is this just one more example of ignorance ?

It's the very first reply in this thread. He shreds every second of the video.

Now please reply to his points and scientifically state how he's wrong.

This time please don't tell me 2 T-Rex's can fit in a 10 inch box as your explanation. At least try.

Where's the evidence that there were any t-rexes post-flood?

Or that mastodons and t-rex lived at the same time?

Well, all I can say is that the 'circle does not equal a sphere' argument is pretty weak.
On what grounds is it weak?

Since the circle of the earth was scribed by God as if with a compass upon the the waters at creation. How is asserting that a circle is not a sphere at all weak?

You show me where he did that or is this just one more example of ignorance ?

It's the very first reply in this thread. He shreds every second of the video.

Now please reply to his points and scientifically state how he's wrong.

This time please don't tell me 2 T-Rex's can fit in a 10 inch box as your explanation. At least try.

Where's the evidence that there were any t-rexes post-flood?

Or that mastodons and t-rex lived at the same time?

I've always wondered why atheists have this fascination with dinosaurs and the Bible and existing simultaneously with people. It's quite strange really.

Forum List

Back