The Goebbelization of Trump

For all the hoopla about this, when I watched the video, what I took from it is that social media has become an information sharing vehicle whereby users share information that they (or their sources) have not thoroughly confirmed the factual and contextual accuracy of the information they distribute/post.

Why, in these Internet-enabled times anyone "gets away" with publishing anything that is not is not 100% factually and contextually accurate is beyond me. Never before have people had as much handy access to raw facts and contextually explicative content needed to verify the accuracy and representational faithfulness of what speakers/writers of all stripes and levels say, yet it seems people seem content to remain mired in "old school" paradigms whereby one has little choice but to trust and rely on a communicator's social stature as a proxy for gauging the veracity of their remarks.

For example:
Recently, Trump suggested that the Democrats didn't want a DACA resolution. One'd have to be either grossly uninformed or a complete idiot or both to believe that. To wit:
  • January 9: Trump held a bipartisan meeting at the White House wherein he indicated multiple times he is willing to compromise on DACA, saying "when this group comes back -- hopefully with an agreement -- this group and others from the Senate, from the House, comes back with an agreement, I'm signing it."
  • January 11: Dick Durbin and Lindsey Graham go to the White House to propose to Trump a compromise worked out by their group of six bipartisan senators. The offer included:
    -- a path to citizenship for DACA immigrants,
    -- the first year of Trump's border wall funding,
    -- ending the diversity visa lottery and reallocating those visas, and
    -- restricting the ability of former DACA recipients to sponsor family.

Trump rejected the deal. The bill didn't make it to the floors of the chambers of Congress.
  • January 19: Schumer and Trump meet for lunch at the White House. Schumer offered Trump the upwards of $20 billion he wanted for his border wall in exchange for a pathway to citizenship for the eligible immigrant population.

Trump rejected the deal. The bill didn't make it to floor of the legislature.
  • February 14: A bipartisan group of senators unveils a compromise plan, which includes:
    -- $25 billion for the Wall,
    -- a pathway to citizenship for DACA immigrants,
    -- cuts to one slim category of family-based migration and
    -- prevents the parents who brought their children to the US illegally from ever being sponsored for citizenship by those children.

Trump rejected the deal and whipped up votes against it in the Senate to prevent its passage.
Next, on February 26th, the SCOTUS declines to take up an immediate appeal of court decisions resuming DACA renewals, ensuring no deportations of DACA recipients for months and taking pressure of Congress. As one might expect given Trump's refusal to agree to three consecutive proposals on resolving DACA and getting his wall funding, Congressional leaders on both sides of the aisle give up, and one can't really blame them.

Yet what is Trump saying? He's saying that Democrats don't want to resolve DACA.

Now you tell me...in light of the above facts, how accurate a representation is it that Democrats don't wan to resolve DACA? It's not at all accurate. They tried three times to do so, and Trump opposed all three offers, all three of which had a DACA resolution and funding for his wall, even as he professed to want both.
Another example:
Trump has suggested that foreigners illegally immigrate to the U.S. to avail themselves of the DACA provisions in our immigration laws.

Now I can't say whether people have such a thing in mind when they embark upon coming here, but I can say that if they do, things will not in that regard pan out as they hope. Why? Because DACA's terms have requirements current and future immigrants cannot meet. To be eligible for DACA status:
  • One must have resided continuously in the U.S. since 2007, and
  • One must have been physically present in the U.S. in June 2012, and
  • One had to have arrived in the U.S. as a minor.

The above examples illustrate that one of the most prolific users of media and social media to spread disinformation, inaccurate information, misleading information is Donald Trump. To the extent that others echo his unfounded messages/points, they are doing the same thing.

Do they do it out of indolence, ineptitude or willful ignorance? For any given individual, I really cannot say, but I can say that it's mighty irksome that so many people do so.

As we take one more step towards Nazi Germany, the Sinclair Group is trying to set up a state run propaganda news machine similar to Josef Goebbels.

It's a joke watching all these Fox zombies reciting the same shit word for word.

Josef Goebbels would be proud.

And yet you have NO PROBLEM with the leftist media being an attachment of the democratic party...save us the crocodile tears

As we take one more step towards Nazi Germany, the Sinclair Group is trying to set up a state run propaganda news machine similar to Josef Goebbels.

It's a joke watching all these Fox zombies reciting the same shit word for word.

And yet you have NO PROBLEM with the leftist media being an attachment of the democratic party...save us the crocodile tears

You got something comparable from the left?

Every single day on NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC etc etc.....I assume CNN is still full of shit...I blocked that garbage over a year ago and I hardly watch the nightly news from the rest...every once in a while i'll tune into MSNBC to see them crying and whining...I prefer Fox,RT and NewsMax

Its funny I was watching Tucker Carlson tonight and he had TWO anti American scum on to debate their talking points and he let them do it! When was last time ANY leftist mouthpiece channel allowed that....NEVER! They shut them down.

Every single day on NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC etc etc.....I assume CNN is still full of shit...I blocked that garbage over a year ago and I hardly watch the nightly news from the rest...every once in a while i'll tune into MSNBC to see them crying and whining...I prefer Fox,RT and NewsMax

Of course you do. Most RWNJs watch fox, RT(Russian TV), and Newsmax(All Conspiracy Theories, All The Time) but that didn't answer the question, did it?

Its funny I was watching Tucker Carlson tonight and he had TWO anti American scum on to debate their talking points and he let them do it! When was last time ANY leftist mouthpiece channel allowed that....NEVER! They shut them down.

You watched Carlson------that's funny, and a little sad.

Which explains why Trump haters are victims, and victims of their own stupidity............

What's funny is they make no mention of EITHER Party. They merely state that if they make a mistake to point it out to them and they will take your claim seriously. It says a lot about the progressive NAZI's...that they try an associate an attempt at remaining accurate, with nazism. Especially when you have idiots like cnn producing this laughable shit...Made even more amusing when you see the actual, real lies that they have uttered over the last year and a half.

Conservative credo: ‘Repeat a lie often enough in the hope it’s perceived to be true.’

On this site and scores of other online venues, conservatives do exactly that – contrive and propagate lies and misinformation; most on the right have nothing but contempt for facts and the truth.

Conservative credo: ‘Repeat a lie often enough in the hope it’s perceived to be true.’

On this site and scores of other online venues, conservatives do exactly that – contrive and propagate lies and misinformation; most on the right have nothing but contempt for facts and the truth.

And lo and behold you are one of the biggest practitioners of that form of propaganda. Thanks for pointing that out.

As someone who actually lost family to the Nazis .... comparing the President of the United States to Hitler and the Nazis is weapons-grade stupid ... and ... more than a little bit insulting.

As someone who actually lost family to the Nazis .... comparing the President of the United States to Hitler and the Nazis is weapons-grade stupid ... and ... more than a little bit insulting.

I too lost family members to the Nazi's. Some who left Europe before the period of death camps served in the US military, but many who stayed in Europe perished. I do not feel insulted in the least with the comparison, which you are exaggerating, being made.

Which explains why Trump haters are victims, and victims of their own stupidity............

You understand that all those identical statements are from Sinclair Broadcasting, and that company is tightly associated with the right wing, and especially Trump, don't you?

it's been stated that the first person to call the other a nazi, loses the conversation.

you lose the internet.

Did you miss Richard Painter light in to Hugh Hewitt? No one tried to shut him down! Richard is a Republican from Minnesota.

'We're gonna shut it down!': Ex-Bush ethics czar Richard Painter unloads on GOP radio host Hugh Hewitt for 'disgusting' attacks on 'flyover country'

Forum List

Back