The Gold and Silver Thread

I have more wealth than you do. Much more. Im an educated doctor who trades futures/options/stocks/bonds...when gold gets to that price, ill come back and laugh in your face...how does that sound?

wow you must be about twelve to think internets claims like that are taken seriously.

tell us what economic conditions you forsee that will place gold at 3000?

Because the FED CPI reports are grossly understating the amount of inflation that's been going on. When your report doesn't include energy or food prices, you are not accurately depicting actual inflation. The same BLS standards used in the 1980s shows that Gold has a long way to go.

The TRUE inflation-adjusted price of gold

QE3 Baby!!!

:lol: a few of us here had predicted by October, back in Jan/ feb. , no great shakes.

the market would have fallen flat without it, so he had to do it after tall the lead up hints etc....its all BS by now, 2 had less affect than 1 and this will less effect than either, money velocity is at a 15 year low and the banks will as they did before, send this back to the fed as excess reserves.......they already have 1.6 Trillion sitting here.

and this 2 million jobs thing? hes drunker than shit.and the fed is nothing more than a hedge fund with no capital costs......Yet...;)

Gold goes down when the economy is doing well.

people need to free up their assets for other investments.

You going to eat that gold if you dont have money to buy groceries?

Gold has gone up 10 years in a row regardless whether the economy was expanding or contracting.

I don't own any gold here. I have been buying stocks heavily over the past few days, but that's only because the technical picture looks better. But gold and silver have the wind at their backs.

come on tell us your reasons that you forsee a move to the height of 3000 for gold?

I don't make predictions but $3000 an ounce for gold is certainly possible.

well, in any event, UNLESS something very unlikely were to happen, my new chicken shit number is 1850.00.

I'd say you're about right. It was heading straight to $2000 but then the world didn't descent into depression and it stalled. From here out it seems the US and Europe will use their central banks to prevent disaster and to keep stumbling forward at a snails pace.

I don't make predictions but $3000 an ounce for gold is certainly possible.

well, in any event, UNLESS something very unlikely were to happen, my new chicken shit number is 1850.00.

In the near-term, yeah. If gold is going to hit $3,000, it won't be this year.

oh heck no and I have some tax implications anyway( especially if they don't do a deal on the present tax structure) that may force me to sell ahead of my drop dead price....

The technical picture looks better for stocks than for gold and silver, however. Doesn't mean precious metals can't go up, of course, but I've bought stocks heavily over the past few days in anticipation of the printing presses cranking up rather than precious metals. Stocks just look cleaner to me.

I didn't think Ben would push the printing presses as hard as he did today, though! w00t!

Why would I need to sell my gold?
I can buy stuff with it just like paper money.

Well Mcdonalds might not know what to do with a gold eagle though :D

I bought a lady friend a new car with gold eagles a few years ago.
The dealer was happy to do it.

I bought some cattle with gold eagles a few years ago.

Last edited:
Gold goes down when the economy is doing well.

people need to free up their assets for other investments.

You going to eat that gold if you dont have money to buy groceries?

I can buy more gas, food & property with my gold than you can with your worthless government bonds.
7984268979_5e5f4c75a8_b.jpg

US Dollar "Petro Dollar" is no longer primary oil currency. Now China's Yuan is "Petro Yuan"

Got Gold???????????

"On Thursday, Sept. 6... just a few days ago, China made the official announcement. China said on that day, our banking system is ready, all of our communication systems are ready, all of the transfer systems are ready, and as of that day, Thursday, Sept. 6, any nation in the world that wishes from this point on, to buy, sell, or trade crude oil, can do using the Chinese currency, not the American dollar...

Ironically, since Sept. 6, the U.S. dollar has fallen from 81.467 on the index to today's price of 79.73. While analysts will focus on actions taking place in the Eurozone, and expected easing signals from the Federal Reserve on Thursday regarding the fall of the dollar, it is not coincidence that the dollar began to lose strength on the very day of China's announcement...

On Friday, Sept. 7, Russia announced, that as of today, we will supply China with all of the crude oil that they need, no matter how much they want... there is no limit. And Russia will not sell or trade this crude oil to China using the American dollar."

Last edited:
US Dollar "Petro Dollar" is no longer primary oil currency. Now China's Yuan is "Petro Yuan"

Got Gold???????????

"On Thursday, Sept. 6... just a few days ago, China made the official announcement. China said on that day, our banking system is ready, all of our communication systems are ready, all of the transfer systems are ready, and as of that day, Thursday, Sept. 6, any nation in the world that wishes from this point on, to buy, sell, or trade crude oil, can do using the Chinese currency, not the American dollar...

Ironically, since Sept. 6, the U.S. dollar has fallen from 81.467 on the index to today's price of 79.73. While analysts will focus on actions taking place in the Eurozone, and expected easing signals from the Federal Reserve on Thursday regarding the fall of the dollar, it is not coincidence that the dollar began to lose strength on the very day of China's announcement...

On Friday, Sept. 7, Russia announced, that as of today, we will supply China with all of the crude oil that they need, no matter how much they want... there is no limit. And Russia will not sell or trade this crude oil to China using the American dollar."

can someone explain why QE is pushing up commodities but not causing general inflation? It seems initially it might not cause general inflation but by this time you'd think it would have??

can someone explain why QE is pushing up commodities but not causing general inflation? It seems initially it might not cause general inflation but by this time you'd think it would have??

Slowing Velocity of Money & Low Lending (Money Multiplying) is masking the currency printing.

Forum List

Back