The Gold and Silver Thread

HEY!

No FUCKING liberals posting in my thread, YA HEAR!

Investors today are going big time on the US dollar over gold on fears of Europe again. Bro in law said his orders just now after the close for Monday are top heavy on US dollar.
Get ready for the gold nose dive.

with Europe and/or the US facing a possible economic implosion I see no reason for gold to nose dive versus currency when implosion will almost certainly trigger currency inflation.

Let's not forget its far easier for the Fed to expand its balance sheet than contract it, especially now that it is full of junk mortgages!

THe Europe/USA divide is hard to call since they face a EU breakup but they also have more incentive to balance their books than we do. We can merely print money while austerity or fiscal responsibility is their first option! When you see riots there you know they are doing the right thing. Don't look for them here. In a real sense their riots demonstrate they're more conservative than they are

And the evidence of FED policy to date supports your thesis.
Good post.

Investors today are going big time on the US dollar over gold on fears of Europe again. Bro in law said his orders just now after the close for Monday are top heavy on US dollar.

with Europe and/or the US facing a possible economic implosion I see no reason for gold to nose dive versus currency when implosion will almost certainly trigger currency inflation.

Let's not forget its far easier for the Fed to expand its balance sheet than contract it, especially now that it is full of junk mortgages!

THe Europe/USA divide is hard to call since they face a EU breakup but they also have more incentive to balance their books than we do. We can merely print money while austerity or fiscal responsibility is their first option! When you see riots there you know they are doing the right thing. Don't look for them here. In a real sense their riots demonstrate they're more conservative than they are

Those mortgages are guaranteed and trading well over par.
If they need to, they'll have no problem contracting their balance sheet.

Yes, guaranteed by Fanny Freddie which is deep in bankruptcy. If Fed sells it risks driving interest rates up on $16 trillion in government debt , killing housing market, and entire economy. I'd say have some gold in you portfolio

Yes, guaranteed by Fanny Freddie which is deep in bankruptcy. If Fed sells it risks driving interest rates up on $16 trillion in government debt , killing housing market, and entire economy. I'd say have some gold in you portfolio

Yes, guaranteed by Fanny Freddie which is deep in bankruptcy.

Guaranteed by the US Treasury.

If Fed sells it risks driving interest rates up on $16 trillion in government debt

How much do you want them to reduce their balance sheet?
If the economy recovers, rates go up regardless of Fed action.
They can let the sheet shrink by doing nothing.
How fast do you want them to shrink?

I'd say have some gold in you portfolio

When rates go back up, I'm afraid gold will plummet.

fedreserve.gov: With the target federal funds rate at the effective lower bound, the FOMC sought to provide additional policy stimulus by expanding the holdings of longer term securities in its portfolio, the System Open Market Account (SOMA), including large-scale purchases of fixed-rate, mortgage-backed securities (MBS) guaranteed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae (referred to as "agency MBS"). The purchases were intended to lower longer-term interest rates and contribute to an overall easing of financial conditions.

The balance sheet grew to lower interest rates and thus create mal- investment or to avoid austerity or fiscal responsibility. The faster
it shrinks the better!

fedreserve.gov: With the target federal funds rate at the effective lower bound, the FOMC sought to provide additional policy stimulus by expanding the holdings of longer term securities in its portfolio, the System Open Market Account (SOMA), including large-scale purchases of fixed-rate, mortgage-backed securities (MBS) guaranteed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae (referred to as "agency MBS"). The purchases were intended to lower longer-term interest rates and contribute to an overall easing of financial conditions.

While debt from Fannie and Freddie does not carry an explicit government guarantee, the Treasury has taken numerous steps to reassure investors that the government will keep the companies running. Late last year, the Obama administration pledged to cover unlimited losses through 2012 for Freddie and Fannie. So far, the companies have needed $126 billion in taxpayer aid.

"As we said in December, there should be no uncertainty about Treasury's commitment to support Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as they continue to play a vital role in the housing market," Treasury spokeswoman Meg Reilly said in a statement.

The balance sheet grew to lower interest rates and thus create mal- investment or to avoid austerity or fiscal responsibility. The faster
it shrinks the better!

So if they shrink 50% a year, that would be good?

I'd say have some gold in you portfolio

When rates go back up, I'm afraid gold will plummet.

i'd say if rates go up because of real growth you're right but if they go up because the fed can no longer hold them down artificially with liberal gimmicks then you're wrong.

The Fed can't hold rates down with gimmicks, except the overnight rate.
If the market wants higher longer term rates, those rates will rise.

You must pay 3% + $0.50 transaction fee more for items using a credit or debit card. Gold is 2% or less. You can buy gas, food, etc with gold at many places. You can't drive through any business district & not find a gold dealer or business selling goods for gold.

image.JPG

image.

7984268979_5e5f4c75a8_b.jpg

You must pay 3% + $0.50 transaction fee more for items using a credit or debit card. Gold is 2% or less. You can buy gas, food, etc with gold at many places. You can't drive through any business district & not find a gold dealer or business selling goods for gold.

image.JPG

image.

You must pay 3% + $0.50 transaction fee more for items using a credit or debit card.

I've never paid a fee to use my credit card.

You can buy gas, food, etc with gold at many places.

Where?

You can't drive through any business district & not find a gold dealer or business selling goods for gold.

I've never seen a business selling goods for gold.
Where are these fictional businesses?

image.JPG

image.

You must pay 3% + $0.50 transaction fee more for items using a credit or debit card.

Where?

You can't drive through any business district & not find a gold dealer or business selling goods for gold.

You pay the credit fee because it is added into the price. Stuff would be a lot cheaper if business was not secretly charging you for credit card fees. I always ask for a cash discount. If they don't give me a discount then I don't buy from them.

That Mobil station pictured that sells automobile repair services, gas, fuel, food, drink, etc. is located at: 2928 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612

Last edited:
I've started to see gas stations that charge extra for credit cards. It's not common but it's beginning to pop up.

I just took a look at 2928 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612
on Google Earth.

Looks to me like the signage is for TWO DIFFERENT businesses.

One that sells GAS and another that buys and sells gold.

There's also a sandwich shop in that building.

Do we suppose one can buy their gas with sandwiches, too?

image.JPG

image.

Where?

You pay the credit fee because it is added into the price. Stuff would be a lot cheaper if business was not secretly charging you for credit card fees. I always ask for a cash discount. If they don't give me a discount then I don't buy from them.

That Mobil station pictured that sells automobile repair services, gas, fuel, food, drink, etc. is located at: 2928 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612

Charging an extra $1 per gallon to use credit, their customers must all be liberals.
How much gas can you buy for a gram of gold?

Forum List

Back