The GOP post Trump?

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Premise: There is a pretty decent chance Trump won’t recover from this poll deficit in time for the election. The economy is tanking, coronavirus isn’t under control, and race/class tensions are pretty high.

Question: What does the post-Trump GOP look like and stand for? There has been a fracture in its support. Small governing, deficit spending, and free trade have been sacrificed during this administration. The die hard supporters are only linked by culture complaints and immigration concern. Is that enough to build a governing coalition?

If President Trump and his supporters were to purged from the Republicans, Mitt and Kasich and George Will and the Bush Family would take over the party.

Since they are pathetic losers, who expect to lose, they have no intent to win elections and there would be no reason for them to worry about a "governing coalition". You only have to worry about governing if you have power.

Premise: There is a pretty decent chance Trump won’t recover from this poll deficit in time for the election. The economy is tanking, coronavirus isn’t under control, and race/class tensions are pretty high.

Question: What does the post-Trump GOP look like and stand for? There has been a fracture in its support. Small governing, deficit spending, and free trade have been sacrificed during this administration. The die hard supporters are only linked by culture complaints and immigration concern. Is that enough to build a governing coalition?
...total babble crap as usual
....no evidence at all ..
...look at what they did to Wheeler in Portland-he was trying to show his support for his own kind [ thugs/rioters ] and they hate him now--and he got gassed by the Feds!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fate of the post-Trump GOP may be one of the most interesting political storylines of our lifetime.

I think it will look drastically different, though, depending on what happens in November. If Trump gets kicked out and there's a blue wave, the party is going to be in ashes and will have much more work to do.

I am thinking that the 2024 Republican candidate should be Ms. Nikki Haley.

Then the presidential election would be between two ladies of color.

One would be proudly liberal (having served as Vice President to President Biden) and the other would be proudly moderate (as she was when Governor of South Carolina).

...culture complaints??? hahahah WTF is that?
..the left are linked by their HATE of whites and America

The fate of the post-Trump GOP may be one of the most interesting political storylines of our lifetime.

I think it will look drastically different, though, depending on what happens in November. If Trump gets kicked out and there's a blue wave, the party is going to be in ashes and will have much more work to do.

I disagree. The Bush Family and guys like Romney and George Will and Kasich are ready , willing and able to run the GOP and return it to its tradition of Pathetic losses and impotency the day after the election if President Trump is shown the door.

Wow his Endorsement in 2024 going to be worth a shit load of money.. whoever Trump endorses in 2024 is going to be a very special candidate.

The Bush Family and guys like Romney and George Will and Kasich are ready , willing and able to run the GOP and return it to its tradition of Pathetic losses and impotency the day after the election if President Trump is shown the door.
I can only hope.

A return to sanity by the GOP would increase the chances of a return to sanity by the Democrats.

The tribes have done enough damage. It's time for us to marginalize the lunatics, if it isn't too late.

No matter what happens in 2020, the red areas will stay red.

1595590802756.png

No matter who wins in 2020, the 2022 mid-terms means that the party in power loses some, so the "balance" of power should stay close.

One would be proudly liberal (having served as Vice President to President Biden) and the other would be proudly moderate (as she was when Governor of South Carolina).
That would probably be the smartest move for Republicans ...
I wonder what would happen in 2024 if Trump wins In 2020 ... ?

The Bush Family and guys like Romney and George Will and Kasich are ready , willing and able to run the GOP and return it to its tradition of Pathetic losses and impotency the day after the election if President Trump is shown the door.
I can only hope.

A return to sanity by the GOP would increase the chances of a return to sanity by the Democrats.

The tribes have done enough damage. It's time for us to marginalize the lunatics, if it isn't too late.

How, pray tell, will a GOP content with losing return the Democrats to "sanity" at all?

I disagree. The Bush Family and guys like Romney and George Will and Kasich are ready , willing and able to run the GOP and return it to its tradition of Pathetic losses and impotency the day after the election if President Trump is shown the door.
Exactly. The GOP needs to either stay "populist" or become irrelevant. If the Never-Trumpers want a return to "globalism" they can join the Biden team. Hell, Biden copied Trump's "populist" economic policies, and that's after Hunter Biden got $1,500,000,000 from China to "invest'. Senile or not, pols still know how to lie to voters.

Last edited:

That would probably be the smartest move for Republicans ...
I wonder what would happen in 2024 if Trump wins In 2020 ... ?

In 2024, perhaps Don Jr. or Ivanka? Jared Kushner would have an outside shot as well.

I can only hope.

How, pray tell, will a GOP content with losing return the Democrats to "sanity" at all?
That's your premise, not mine.

As long as our politics are controlled by people on both ends who think we're in a "war", we'll continue to decay.

I do wish you folks would find another hobby.

Forum List

Back