The Great Global Pushback

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
It would be (very) wrong to look at other important parts of the world right now, and not draw some possible parallels.

Seems (to me) that those parallels are pretty clear: A pushback against what is perceived as anti-nationalism (or, the dilution of nations by immigration and cultural norms). And to get more specific, it's immigration without expectation/requirements of assimilation. There are other issues as well, mostly centering around cultural topics.

We can pretend this isn't happening, or we can consider the possibility that there is a significant number of people who feel this way. To ignore it would be a mistake. To mock it would be a mistake. To attack and punish it would CONTINUE to be a mistake.

Seems to me the concerns are reasonable, even if they are advanced in (very) counterproductive ways. THIS is REAL.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
A step toward a return to normalcy.

To todays left wing “Far right” means rejecting the ideas that a man can get pregnant or that a homeless white is privileged.

Also working people in the USA and elsewhere enjoyed a much much better economy under Trump.

It would be (very) wrong to look at other important parts of the world right now, and not draw some possible parallels.

Seems (to me) that those parallels are pretty clear: A pushback against what is perceived as anti-nationalism (or, the dilution of nations by immigration and cultural norms). And to get more specific, it's immigration without expectation/requirements of assimilation. There are other issues as well, mostly centering around cultural topics.

We can pretend this isn't happening, or we can consider the possibility that there is a significant number of people who feel this way. To ignore it would be a mistake. To mock it would be a mistake. To attack and punish it would CONTINUE to be a mistake.

Seems to me the concerns are reasonable, even if they are advanced in (very) counterproductive ways. THIS is REAL.

Thoughts?

Given the fact the Europeans invaded other countries and did not assimilate, and still don't now, perhaps its time to stop pandering to them.

Given the fact the Europeans invaded other countries and did not assimilate, and still don't now, perhaps its time to stop pandering to them.

But have you considered that one era was the superior force educating the heathens , but, in the other scenario it is the inferiors trying to wear boots that are too big for their very small feet .
Now , which way round is it ?
"Heaven" help me from being Racist .

Assimilating to upgrade is good. Assimilate to regress not so much. Remove huge government subsidies for everything. What will happen? According to you nothing. I do not have that faith.

Thoughts?

Within two hours Mac is back to calling Trump voters "you people"

Who's surprised? Anyone, anyone at all? I would be shocked if he could ever stop

Yes, "you people". This isn't that complicated.

You're too emotional.

The fact that you don't recognize yourself as being the most hyperbolic drama queen here is crazy to me
Even the manipulated are responsible for their actions. Just like the insurrectionists.

Get near the orange, and you become soiled.

For you poor souls, it's either cultist or commie. That's all you know. That's as deep as you can get.

Boring. Dismissed.

I don't think that his honesty is a priority for some of them, the craziest of the crazies here. Or his intelligence or decency or maturity or temperament or competence.

He's their blunt instrument to pound on people they hate. If he can just do that, read the speeches that Stephen Miller writes, and sign the bills he's told to sign, it's all good.

Thoughts?

Too bad you voted for biden and his massive migration policies in 2020

You certainly contributed to the problem

Thoughts?

Pattern:

1. Mac makes a thoughtful post, like this one, wherein he pretends to want to engage

2. Mac reverts to form and just whines about "you people" within less than two hours

3. People point this out to Mac

4. Mac says see, that's all they ever do is find fault in me this confirms everything I think about "those people"

Rinse repeat literally thousands of times

Le Pen is in her glory:

Undoubtedly however, the star on a stunning electoral night was the National Rally party of Marine Le Pen, which dominated the French polls to such an extent that Macron immediately dissolved the national parliament and called for new elections. It was a massive political risk since his party could suffer more losses, hobbling the rest of his presidential term that ends in 2027.

Le Pen was delighted to accept the challenge. “We’re ready to turn the country around, ready to defend the interests of the French, ready to put an end to mass immigration,” she said, echoing the rallying cry of so many far-right leaders in other countries who were celebrating substantial wins.

Pattern:

1. Mac makes a thoughtful post, like this one, wherein he pretends to want to engage

2. Mac reverts to form and just whines about "you people" within less than two hours

3. People point this out to Mac

4. Mac says see, that's all they ever do is find fault in me this confirms everything I think about "those people"

Rinse repeat literally thousands of times
Mac1958 cant help himself

Intellectually he wants to be non partisan

But emotionally he is consumed by hate and revulsion for trump and the MAGAs who support trump

And in the end its the emotion that drives mac1958 instead of rational thought

Not sure how we haven't learned that a combative approach only invites pushback. Which we're seeing.

Which is the point of the thread.
All I can do is shake my head here. Because you try making the response the problem. The French have colonized other countries, they have no right to bitch about immigration or assimilation. No country in Europe does. They destabilize nations then bitch when what their policies created cause people to migrate there. That's lunacy.

Whether that's true or not, it exists, and the people/voters who agree with it are real.

So either minds are changed or they are somehow defeated. Which, of course, creates more pushback if their opinions are not softened.

All-or-nothing doesn't work.
It not about all or nothing. It's about standing for what is right. That neo nazi mess we see in Europe is bs and it is something that must be stopped, not rationalized.

Forum List

Back