The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

Relax. You people will find another reason, in due course, to justify for the Repubs not doing their jobs. You haven't let us down yet :)

Last edited:
In replying to the OP:

This scandal just got a lot more interesting, since Lois Lerner plans to plead the 5th during the hearings tomorrow. This is far from over. This is getting just about as good as a Hardy Boys novel.

This President is not corrupt. You cannot prove otherwise. Sorry.

You cannot prove otherwise.
Yet.

Nixon had no involvement. Until it was shown he did.

When you prove that Obama has done anything corrupt.....on any of these "scandals", I will be the first one to call for his impeachment.

Please know, however, that NOTHING could prompt me to voice support for Rick Perry for President. There is no way that such a stupid idea would even occur to me.

I love these threads.

The DOJ has launched a criminal investigation but "there's nothing to see here".

:lol:

Democrats have lost the public trust and 2013 is only half over. Now that a witness in Fast and Furious has come forward to say he was actually threatened, it is getting real good. Throw in the Sebilus scandal now brewing and this will be a very good year.

This President is not corrupt. You cannot prove otherwise. Sorry.

You cannot prove otherwise.
Yet.

When you prove that Obama has done anything corrupt.....on any of these "scandals", I will be the first one to call for his impeachment.

Please know, however, that NOTHING could prompt me to voice support for Rick Perry for President. There is no way that such a stupid idea would even occur to me.

You say that now. But we'll see that "corrupt" is a slippery slope. Merely setting the IRS on his political opponents wont be "corrupt" since he took no bribes. If he took bribes then that isn't corrupt either because he didnt murder anyone. If he did murder someone then that isn't corrupt because soldiers kill people and he's the CinC.

Yet.

You say that now. But we'll see that "corrupt" is a slippery slope. Merely setting the IRS on his political opponents wont be "corrupt" since he took no bribes. If he took bribes then that isn't corrupt either because he didnt murder anyone. If he did murder someone then that isn't corrupt because soldiers kill people and he's the CinC.

Did he "set the IRS on his political opponents"?

Of course not. Nobody tells him anything about things like that and he doesn't sit in on the briefings or read the memos or e-mails and it is stuff other people are responsible for. He can't be blamed for stuff like that. He is a mere President of the United States of America. Anything that doesn't make him look wonderful is somebody else's doing. He is only to be credited with the good stuff.

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

And Lois Lerner is going to plead the 5th. Yup, there's nothing to this story, just move along folks. :lol:

I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to post a link of a denial. I posted one, you have posted nothing but conjecture thus far, and I'm not buying a lick of it.

Come back when you got some proof to go with that ideology.

We can split hairs re word definitions all you want, but delaying an application for an unreasonable period during an election cycle, while admitting political motives for doing it, is the same thing as a 'denial' for the period the application was delayed.

I will point you to the transcripts of the Congressional hearings in the House and currently underway in the Senate.

But you can also review these links:
IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation - Washington Post

Report finds IRS targeted conservative groups, delayed applications - CNN.com

This one is dated all the way back to March 1: IRS Battling Tea Party Groups Over Tax-Exempt Status
The Washington Post said...

that several conservative groups say they experienced with the same office.

Not saying that there was no delay, but even the reports are going by what the conservative groups SAY, no documentation. Anyway...

So what is scandalous about an organization that's currently under investigation experiencing delays?

Anyway, all of this is pretty futile, the news has already came out explaining what happened, it wasn't a partisan "targeting" it was an oversight, they erred due to trying to take a short-cut. It was stupid.

Scandal? No.

But, I'm sure that won't satisfy your bloodlust for an Obama Scandal. So knock yourself out.

When you target the political opposition it isn't an "oversight". You even trying to make that assertion is patently RIDICULOUS!!! It wasn't a "short-cut" either. It was a deliberate targeting of people for their ideology and THAT is very much a scandal.

I don't think Obama had anything to do with this IRS scandal. I think there are a few Democrat senators that sent out letters to the IRS in order to scrutinize anyone with the name Tea Party or Patriot in them. The problem is--the IRS--instead of ignoring these letters acted upon them--and went way overboard in the manner in which they handled these groups.

Eric Holder--if he hasn't already will be starting a criminal investigation to see this through. This is the 1st time in a long time where we have Democrats and Republicans completely outraged over the actions of the IRS--and they want names--and the IRS is not delivering on any of their demands. The more they won't talk the more enraged Democrats and Republicans on the hill are getting. It's literally at a screaming level these IRS top officials are getting from both sides of the isle--and NO ONE is out there defending them.

131730_600.jpg

Last edited:
We can split hairs re word definitions all you want, but delaying an application for an unreasonable period during an election cycle, while admitting political motives for doing it, is the same thing as a 'denial' for the period the application was delayed.

I will point you to the transcripts of the Congressional hearings in the House and currently underway in the Senate.

But you can also review these links:
IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation - Washington Post

Report finds IRS targeted conservative groups, delayed applications - CNN.com

This one is dated all the way back to March 1: IRS Battling Tea Party Groups Over Tax-Exempt Status
The Washington Post said...

that several conservative groups say they experienced with the same office.

Not saying that there was no delay, but even the reports are going by what the conservative groups SAY, no documentation. Anyway...

So what is scandalous about an organization that's currently under investigation experiencing delays?

Anyway, all of this is pretty futile, the news has already came out explaining what happened, it wasn't a partisan "targeting" it was an oversight, they erred due to trying to take a short-cut. It was stupid.

Scandal? No.

But, I'm sure that won't satisfy your bloodlust for an Obama Scandal. So knock yourself out.

When you target the political opposition it isn't an "oversight". You even trying to make that assertion is patently RIDICULOUS!!! It wasn't a "short-cut" either. It was a deliberate targeting of people for their ideology and THAT is very much a scandal.

It is rather funny that the ‘shortcut’ did not include things like ‘progressive’ or ‘progress.’ SOMEHOW, the shortcut included only terms like ‘tea party’ or ‘constitution.’

No, it was not political at all.

Anyone trying to make that assertion is REALLY desperate, FA. Lois Lerner isn't taking the 5th because the IRS took a "short-cut"...she's taking the 5th because they DID target conservative groups and then she lied about that when questioned by Congress. She needs to go...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back