The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

actually it is you who is in an panic mode ... Like Bengasi attempt by the republicans the IRS thing is shooting republicans in the foot even bigger ... the are falling even more in the polling for reelection ... so if anyone shoud be panicking it should be you

Benghazi isn't something the GOP "came up with" to smear the Obama White House...it's a tragic example of people in high office making the wrong calls on a situation that ended up costing people their lives and then lying to try an cover for their errors. I'm sorry but that's the REALITY of what happened in Libya.

Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal and the AP scandal are lessons in what happens when "zealots" are given too much power and the people who are in charge, look the other way. It's become apparent that there are folks in the Obama Administration who believe that the end justifies the means.

wow toro your taling sense again.

when you walk arround town signing you want to kill your wife the cops will start watching you.

when you scream in the streets that you hate the government and that taxes are illegal and the IRS needs to be killed the IRs might think your likely to be willing to cheat on your taxes.

it makes perfect sense

The ignorance of that statement is truly breathtaking, TM! This is America. The IRS does not exist to protect the government from criticism from the people nor does it exist to decide that the politics of one group determines that they won't be given tax free status. The IRS either needs to be scrupulously non-partisan or it needs to disappear.

It exsists to collect taxes and stop people from cheatin on their taxes.

How can they be allowed to stop people if they are not allowed to geo after the people who SCREAM in the streets that no taxes should be paid or collected?

would you hold a cop to that?

the guy is walking arround town singing he wants to kill his wife but the police have to ignore it because the guy is the mayors son?

McVeigh was tea party before there was a tea party

Name all of the instances of violence that the Tea Party have engaged in, TM.

The truth of the matter is that they have been remarkably non-violent despite the attempts of idiots like yourself to smear them with accusations such as this.

When the far left get's together to protest we have riots in the streets...when the far right does it we don't. Too bad your partisan blinders don't allow you to see what's right in front of your face.

It exsists to collect taxes and stop people from cheatin on their taxes.

How can they be allowed to stop people if they are not allowed to geo after the people who SCREAM in the streets that no taxes should be paid or collected?

would you hold a cop to that?

Let me repeat this for you since you're SO fucking clueless about the freedoms that Americans have under our system of government! The IRS does not exist to "punish" those that disagree with the powers that be. If you allow the people in power to use the IRS to hamstring their opposition then we have taken a giant step towards becoming a banana republic where people have no rights.

Did he "set the IRS on his political opponents"?

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

Witch hunt? You mean doing their jobs?

Was Lois Lemur "just doing her job" when she was at the FEC:

Lerner was appointed head of the FEC's enforcement division in 1986 and stayed in that position until 2001. In the late 1990s, the FEC launched an onerous investigation of the Christian Coalition, ultimately costing the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless hours in lost work. The investigation was notable because the FEC alleged that the Christian Coalition was coordinating issue advocacy expenditures with a number of candidates for office. Aside from lacking proof this was happening, it was an open question whether the FEC had the authority to bring these charges.

--SNIP--

FEC attorneys continued their intrusion into religious activities by prying into what occurs at Coalition staff prayer meetings, and even who attends the prayer meetings held at the Coalition. This line of questioning was pursued several times. Deponents were also asked to explain what the positions of “intercessory prayer” and “prayer warrior” entailed, what churches specific people belonged, and the church and its location at which a deponent met Dr. Reed.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...propriate-religious-inquiries-fec_725004.html

I'm watching the hearings now. Lerner just took the 5th. But first she asserted that she had done nothing wrong. Now they're arguing whether she waived her right to take the 5th by testifying that she had done nothing wrong. Interesting Can she tell the committee she did nothing wrong and then not take any questions re that? I think it is possible she could be held in contempt of Congress. They are going to dismiss her subject to recall until they can consult counsel whether she can testify as to her innocence but then refuse to testify..

Last edited:
I'm watching the hearings now. Lerner just took the 5th. But first she asserted that she had done nothing wrong. Now they're arguing whether she waived her right to take the 5th by testifying that she had done nothing wrong. Interesting Can she tell the committee she did nothing wrong and then not take any questions re that? I think it is possible she could be held in contempt of Congress. They are going to dismiss her subject to recall until they can consult counsel whether she can testify as to her innocence but then refuse to testify..

I love this thread.

All this "fizzling out" going on. Live hearings. Lerner taking the 5th and lawyered up.

Criminal investigation by the DOJ.

I've never seen "fizzling out" like this. Have you?

:lol:

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

Witch hunt? You mean doing their jobs?

Was Lois Lemur "just doing her job" when she was at the FEC:

Lerner was appointed head of the FEC's enforcement division in 1986 and stayed in that position until 2001. In the late 1990s, the FEC launched an onerous investigation of the Christian Coalition, ultimately costing the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless hours in lost work. The investigation was notable because the FEC alleged that the Christian Coalition was coordinating issue advocacy expenditures with a number of candidates for office. Aside from lacking proof this was happening, it was an open question whether the FEC had the authority to bring these charges.

--SNIP--

FEC attorneys continued their intrusion into religious activities by prying into what occurs at Coalition staff prayer meetings, and even who attends the prayer meetings held at the Coalition. This line of questioning was pursued several times. Deponents were also asked to explain what the positions of “intercessory prayer” and “prayer warrior” entailed, what churches specific people belonged, and the church and its location at which a deponent met Dr. Reed.

IRS's Lerner Had History of Harassment, Inappropriate Religious Inquiries at FEC | The Weekly Standard

Weekly Standard did a great job flushing out Lerner's tactics from the past.

She has a true aggressive history of targeting conservatives.

I love this thread.

All this "fizzling out" going on. Live hearings. Lerner taking the 5th and lawyered up.

That fizzle sound is the same sound you hear just before the fireworks go off.

The Big Moo is getting out of town. The villagers are readying the pitchforks.
Michelle Said to be Considering an Extended Vacation | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Or, maybe she's had enough and is finally separating.

I love this thread.

She did take the 5th huh??

Heard last night on the news that it was a possibility.

Of course everyone takes the 5th when testifying. NOT.

Yup. The IRS case is "fizzling" right along.

Imagine. The IRS is a big part of that pos ACA. I'm sure they are trustworthy and all.

Of course Barry didn't know. Hell. He doesn't know anything thats going on in his administration. He's the most clueless POTUS I think I've ever seen.

Gotta love someone who declares that they haven't done ANYTHING wrong and then immediately take the 5th!

Lerner lied to Congress previously. She needs to be brought up on charges for that.

It's time to start playing hardball with these assholes who thought that THEIR political views were more important than the Constitution...and then hide behind that same Constitution.

Hope they do bring charges and we find out just how much bs this asshole has pulled.

Hardball indeed.

This whole thing stinks to high heavens and Barry is running and ducking for cover.

Investigating this White House is exactly like investigating an organized crime outfit and should be handled the same way. Start with the little fish. Threaten them with jail time unless they give up the people who gave them the order to do what they did and then work your way up the chain of command until you get to the people in charge.

I love this thread.

She did take the 5th huh??

Heard last night on the news that it was a possibility.

Of course everyone takes the 5th when testifying. NOT.

Yup. The IRS case is "fizzling" right along.

Imagine. The IRS is a big part of that pos ACA. I'm sure they are trustworthy and all.

Of course Barry didn't know. Hell. He doesn't know anything thats going on in his administration. He's the most clueless POTUS I think I've ever seen.

Barry always knows about the good stuff though and rushes to the nearest microphone to take personal credit for it. It was 'his idea' or 'he ordered it' or 'he asked (whomever) to look into it, etc. etc. etc. He never EVER doesn't know about that stuff. But he was oblivious to Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers, Fast & Furious, whistle blowers, problems at Benghazi, investigation of media personnel, most especially James Rosen, FEC and IRS antics, etc. etc. etc. until the media reported it and everybody knew.

At the very least he must be psychic in knowing what to know and what not to know well in advance.

And yes, Lois took the Fifth but may have made a fatal error in her tactical plan. She started out with a statement that she had been advised by Counsel to take the Fifth but continued with a very self serving statement that she had done nothing wrong. The committee members were pretty sure that she couldn't make a self serving statement and then take the Fifth re that statement. They are consulting counsel and we should know probably later today.

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

They will be named. Handing confidential information to ANYBODY outside of the IRS is a felony. Very soon some of those low level twits are going to start singing because they won't want to go to the grey bar Hilton by themselves.

That is not a partisan position either....the behavior that was done is criminal in the extreme...for you to not acknowledge that shows YOU to be the partisan hack you have shown yourself to be over and over again.

Forum List

Back