The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

It was a walk in the park to come up with those links.

Yes, you find all kinds of 'news', like a politician saying 'we will get to the bottom of this'. How naive were you there?

All I had to do was type in BBC IRS scandal and up popped the link. We're not talking rocket science here.

You have obviously missed the point. When I pick up a newspaper or go into a news website, I find nothing. If you go looking for it you will find something, but it is not a major story.

You say that now. But we'll see that "corrupt" is a slippery slope. Merely setting the IRS on his political opponents wont be "corrupt" since he took no bribes. If he took bribes then that isn't corrupt either because he didnt murder anyone. If he did murder someone then that isn't corrupt because soldiers kill people and he's the CinC.

Did he "set the IRS on his political opponents"?

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

Witch hunt? You mean doing their jobs?

There is a knee jerk reaction that he is behind it.

Wanna link that, or should I just take your word on it? :eusa_whistle:

The obvious should be just that.

You're faced with two really bad choices if you're a Barack Obama supporter, Nukes...the first is believing that he knew about the IRS targeting conservatives and either condoned it or simply chose not to do anything about it...the second is that he didn't know anything about what was going on at a major department of his Administration even though his Chief of Staff and his White House council knew.

So which is it? Is Barack Obama clueless...or is he guilty of some REALLY sleazy political tactics?

Did he "set the IRS on his political opponents"?

Don't know yet. We know that he has an enemies list. We know the IRS engaged in a partisan witch hunt of conservative groups associated with those enemies. We know he's ultimately in charge of the IRS. So obviously this must be a made up conservative scandal. Right?

Witch hunt? You mean doing their jobs?

Are you really trying to contend that targeting people because of their political affiliations is "doing your job"? Nukes? That isn't what the "job" of the IRS is supposed to be. The fact that they targeted people for audits simply because the contributed money to a certain party or politician is deplorable. You need to step back and take a good long look at what you're defending here.

And if Lerner really WAS just doing her job? She wouldn't be taking the 5th when she testifies today.

And if Lerner really WAS just doing her job? She wouldn't be taking the 5th when she testifies today.

This is a really bad statement to make though. To use the 5th amendment right as a baseball bat of guilt to hit people with really belittles the right in the first place. I believe in rights and will support the idea that she claims the 5th without using it as an excuse to implicate here.

The evidence will accomplish this on its own but compromising the 5th amendment rights to make someone appear guilty is weakening all rights and is no better than those that are attacking other rights.

This is a really bad statement to make though. To use the 5th amendment right as a baseball bat of guilt to hit people with really belittles the right in the first place. I believe in rights and will support the idea that she claims the 5th without using it as an excuse to implicate here.

The evidence will accomplish this on its own but compromising the 5th amendment rights to make someone appear guilty is weakening all rights and is no better than those that are attacking other rights.

People don't take the 5th because they have nothing to hide.

I don’t care why people plead the fifth and it does not matter. There are reasons other than guilt by the way. I, personally, will exercise my right to be silent whenever a police officer tries to question me whether or not I am guilty. Here is an EXCELLENT video about this where even a cop says NEVER speak to the police.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc]Dont Talk to Police - YouTube[/ame]

People don’t purchase ‘military style rifles’ unless they want to shoot someone.
That statement is just as stupid as yours and what you are advocating. The weakening of rights is universal. You cannot weaken one without affecting the other. To trash the fifth because you think that people who are innocent don’t claim the fifth is supremely ignorant of the actual purpose of the fifth. Again, the above statement and yours bear almost no difference. The assumption that you exercise a right because of a reason someone else assigns is a bad idea.

I don’t care why people plead the fifth and it does not matter. There are reasons other than guilt by the way. I, personally, will exercise my right to be silent whenever a police officer tries to question me whether or not I am guilty. Here is an EXCELLENT video about this where even a cop says NEVER speak to the police.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc]Dont Talk to Police - YouTube[/ame]

People don’t purchase ‘military style rifles’ unless they want to shoot someone.
That statement is just as stupid as yours and what you are advocating. The weakening of rights is universal. You cannot weaken one without affecting the other. To trash the fifth because you think that people who are innocent don’t claim the fifth is supremely ignorant of the actual purpose of the fifth. Again, the above statement and yours bear almost no difference. The assumption that you exercise a right because of a reason someone else assigns is a bad idea.

she is a federal employee

if she does not want to answer questions

her employer (the people) are seeking

she should be fired

I don't believe that the WH was behind this, but I certainly think the WH isn't particularly competent, except maybe at winning elections and pissing off Republicans. This IRSgate stuff just reinforces that perception.

Pleading the 5th looks bad.

If Lerner wants to take the 5th, no one is stopping her.

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

actually it is you who is in an panic mode ... Like Bengasi attempt by the republicans the IRS thing is shooting republicans in the foot even bigger ... the are falling even more in the polling for reelection ... so if anyone shoud be panicking it should be you

can you say Hillary in the white house in 2016??? sure we can ... the clintons in the white house they will be back

anything but a fizzle now !! Holder and Obama need to resign gracefully.
DOJ Seized Fox News Phone Records: New Yorker

"After we win this election, it's our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don't forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won't be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go." - Valarie Jarrett Obama's Chief of Staff

Read more: Blog: Is it time to consider a RICO case against the Administration?
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

wow toro your taling sense again.

when you walk arround town signing you want to kill your wife the cops will start watching you.

when you scream in the streets that you hate the government and that taxes are illegal and the IRS needs to be killed the IRs might think your likely to be willing to cheat on your taxes.

it makes perfect sense

good those people are nutters fro screaming that taxes are illegal and the IRS needs to be killed.

they are talking treason.

You cant run a country without funding it

Forum List

Back