The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

there IS "nothing substantitive to offer"!!! :mad: Its a Repub fishing expedition :eusa_wall:
That's all they have...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-currently-doing-to-imrprove-the-economy.html

Damn shame.

*SMH*

You got your ass handed to you in that thread, marc....why come here and puff your chest? :dunno:
Really?

I guess it is a different reality within that cozy RW bubble...

Republican_Bubble.jpg

*SMH*

You got your ass handed to you in that thread, marc....why come here and puff your chest? :dunno:
Really?

Republican_Bubble.jpg

*SMH*

When you ignore answers to the question you ask......yes really. :lol:

Now who lives in a bubble, marc? That would be you, you ignore actual facts that do refute your lame premise.

Really?

Republican_Bubble.jpg

*SMH*

The one who seems to be hiding inside of a partisan bubble is yourself, Marc. The Obama White House is floundering by it's own stupidity. Not because of something that "evil" Republicans have done, as so many of you on the Left continue to maintain but these scandals are all self inflicted. They fucked up in Benghazi and tried to lie their way out of it. They abused the First Amendment not once but on multiple occasions. They allowed the IRS to be used to target their political opposition. That's REALITY.

Can anyone show me evidence here? I haven't even paid attention to this story as the right-wing as gone into full on psycho mode screaming and trying to invent conspiracies ever since Obama's re-election that I've largely completely tuned them out. Everything they start whining and screaming about turns out to be bullshit, so I'm just assuming this is yet another loser you can throw on the pile.
You're right...nothing to see here.

Not a single RW group turned down, zzzzzzzzz. Calm down, girls.
In fact, the ONLY group that WAS turned down was a LW group.

Chicken Little don't have NOTHING on the CON$.

lol
:lol:

So the IRS was targeting liberals? LOL Really, Marc? That's what you're going with?
Spare me the wild speculation and conjecture and simply post a source stating otherwise.

Here, I'll show you: Meet the group the IRS actually denied: Democrats! - Salon.com

Note the link to the IRS document PROOVING that the LW group was denied.

The bar is set very low for you, all you have to do is simply post where 1, just ONE single RW organization was denied.

Go for it.

You're right...nothing to see here.

In fact, the ONLY group that WAS turned down was a LW group.

Chicken Little don't have NOTHING on the CON$.

lol

So the IRS was targeting liberals? LOL Really, Marc? That's what you're going with?
Spare me the wild speculation and conjecture and simply post a source stating otherwise.

Here, I'll show you: Meet the group the IRS actually denied: Democrats! - Salon.com

The bar is set very low for you, all you have to do is simply post where 1, just ONE single RW organization was denied.

Go for it.

One denied? Versus close to 500 outrageous investigations into conservative groups.

The conservative groups were stalled for their exempt status for an average of 537 some odd days; half still have not been granted their exempt status.

There was probably some mention of it, but nothing on the BBC website all week, and very little even on American news websites. If you dig hard enough you can always find something, but this is not proving a point. Why do you think Rupert Murdoch's papers are not making a big deal if it? Because it is not a big deal, just another Republucan witch hunt.

So, you are proven to be flat out incorrect, given links and now foreign news reporting on this scandal is not enough – it MUST be Murdoch’s news sources…

I don’t care what Murdoch’s papers are reporting, I only care what the facts are the facts state that the IRS was targeting groups on the right for nothing more than the names that identified them as right. That, in itself, is a massive abuse of the powers of the IRS. How idiots here can continue to defend this is appalling. Obama can’t even defend it. He has come out against this travesty and here we still have the partisan hacks trying to claim that what they did meant nothing and was fine.
So by your own account you admit that Obama had nothing to do with it.

Yes?

His administration so he owns it, marc. That's the way it works.

Go for it.

One denied? Versus close to 500 outrageous investigations into conservative groups.

The conservative groups were stalled for their exempt status for an average of 537 some odd days; half still have not been granted their exempt status.
How many RW organizations were DENIED Spruce?

That's the question.

So far we have one LW organization that was DENIED.

How many RW organizations were denied?

By my count zero.

So with all that huffing and puffing, wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth that the self-proclaimed persecuted RW organizations there seems to have been no actual persecution at hand. And if there was, it was perpetrated on a LW organization.

Things that make me go hmmmm....!

Last edited:

Go for it.

How do you know they were "stalled?"

How long does it normally take to get tax exempt status? Does the fact that the IRS was inundated with tax exempt requests ever since the Citizens United ruling have any bearing on this issue in your brains at all?

How long does it take Vets to get their status and situations sorted? Do you know?

Here's a hint, way longer than it takes for the IRS tax exempt statuses

So by your own account you admit that Obama had nothing to do with it.

Yes?

Go for it.

That's the question.

By my count zero.

So with all that huffing and puffing, wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth that the self-proclaimed persecuted RW organizations there seems to have been no actual persecution at hand. And if there was, it was perpetrated on a LW organization.

ALL of them were denied prior to or until just before the 2012 election--making sure they were not allowed any ability to fully organize or fund raise before then. Oddly no applications from liberal/progressive groups were held up during that same period.

Yes, things that make you go hmmmmm . . . .

And now some of the discriminated against organizations are lawyering up and looking to file lawsuits that could produce some very interesting hearings--hearings the current administration no doubt does NOT want to happen outside the halls of government where they aren't controlled as easily.

And we know they were stalled because the Congressional hearings have been underway the past week and the officials questioned have admitted they were stalled.

Last edited:

Go for it.

How do you know they were "stalled?"

How long does it normally take to get tax exempt status? Does the fact that the IRS was inundated with tax exempt requests ever since the Citizens United ruling have any bearing on this issue in your brains at all?

How long does it take Vets to get their status and situations sorted? Do you know?

Here's a hint, way longer than it takes for the IRS tax exempt statuses

You just need to look at liberal application time vs conservative application time, marc.

But, that has got to be waaaay above your IQ level, apparently.

That's the question.

By my count zero.

ALL of them were denied prior to or until just before the 2012 election--making sure they were not allowed any ability to fully organize or fund raise before then. Oddly no applications from liberal/progressive groups were held up during that same period.

And now some of the discriminated against organizations are lawyering up and looking to file lawsuits that could produce some very interesting hearings--hearings the current administration no doubt does NOT want to happen outside the halls of government where they aren't controlled as easily.

And we know they were stalled because the Congressional hearings have been underway the past week and the officials questioned have admitted they were stalled.
I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to post a link of a denial. I posted one, you have posted nothing but conjecture thus far, and I'm not buying a lick of it.

Come back when you got some proof to go with that ideology.

That's the question.

By my count zero.

I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to post a link of a denial. I posted one, you have posted nothing but conjecture thus far, and I'm not buying a lick of it.

We can split hairs re word definitions all you want, but delaying an application for an unreasonable period during an election cycle, while admitting political motives for doing it, is the same thing as a 'denial' for the period the application was delayed.

I will point you to the transcripts of the Congressional hearings in the House and currently underway in the Senate.

But you can also review these links:
IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation - Washington Post

Report finds IRS targeted conservative groups, delayed applications - CNN.com

This one is dated all the way back to March 1: IRS Battling Tea Party Groups Over Tax-Exempt Status

"The intent of this was to hurt the ability of tea party groups to function in an election year. They were successful to a degree," said Zawistowski, a 57-year-old businessman who had virtually no political experience before joining the tea party movement. "It took an enormous amount of time and energy for me to handle this."

Read more: Tea party groups call IRS process 'nightmare' - The Denver Post Tea party groups call IRS process 'nightmare' - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

We can split hairs re word definitions all you want, but delaying an application for an unreasonable period during an election cycle, while admitting political motives for doing it, is the same thing as a 'denial' for the period the application was delayed.

I will point you to the transcripts of the Congressional hearings in the House and currently underway in the Senate.

But you can also review these links:
IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation - Washington Post

Report finds IRS targeted conservative groups, delayed applications - CNN.com

This one is dated all the way back to March 1: IRS Battling Tea Party Groups Over Tax-Exempt Status

"The intent of this was to hurt the ability of tea party groups to function in an election year. They were successful to a degree," said Zawistowski, a 57-year-old businessman who had virtually no political experience before joining the tea party movement. "It took an enormous amount of time and energy for me to handle this."

Read more: Tea party groups call IRS process 'nightmare' - The Denver Post Tea party groups call IRS process 'nightmare' - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
The Washington Post said...

that several conservative groups say they experienced with the same office.

Not saying that there was no delay, but even the reports are going by what the conservative groups SAY, no documentation. Anyway...

So what is scandalous about an organization that's currently under investigation experiencing delays?

Anyway, all of this is pretty futile, the news has already came out explaining what happened, it wasn't a partisan "targeting" it was an oversight, they erred due to trying to take a short-cut. It was stupid.

Scandal? No.

But, I'm sure that won't satisfy your bloodlust for an Obama Scandal. So knock yourself out.

So Marc thinks there is no scandal. Move along. Nothing to see here. Everything is okay. And THAT kind of mentality is exactly what is wrong with our country these days and why we are losing the freedoms, choices, opportunities, and options that the Founders intended to give us.

This video of Rep. Mike Kelly at the House Ways and Means Committee hearing is going viral. Rep. Kelly received a prolonged standing ovation for this, and every American who still believes in freedom and in representative government should also applaud what he says here:

youtube mike kelly irs hearing - Bing Videos

So Marc thinks there is no scandal. Move along. Nothing to see here. Everything is okay. And THAT kind of mentality is exactly what is wrong with our country these days and why we are losing the freedoms, choices, opportunities, and options that the Founders intended to give us.

This video of Rep. Mike Kelly at the House Ways and Means Committee hearing is going viral. Rep. Kelly received a prolonged standing ovation for this, and every American who still believes in freedom and in representative government should also applaud what he says here:

Two Questions Fox...

1. What do you expect to discover with more investigations here?
2. What should be the ultimate outcome of whatever's discovered here?

Two Questions Fox...

1. What do you expect to discover with more investigations here?
2. What should be the ultimate outcome of whatever's discovered here?

What I expect and what I hope for are sometimes not the same thing. I expect little or nothing to change with a corrupt President in the White House and a Senate that will support that same President. But I will always hope that the American people will set aside their partisan loyalities in favor of honesty and integrity in their government, and that they will relearn the self governance principles the Founders gave us and refuse to allow a too big, too expensive, too overreaching, too corrupt government to control them and take away their liberties, options, choices, and opportunities.

I want to return to a time when most if not all Americans would applaud Mike Kelly in that video.

That's the question.

By my count zero.

The IRS apologized for doing it. I would say that's admitting guilt wouldnt you?

No one did anything wrong. Lois Lerner is pleading the 5th because she likes the sound of the words.

Forum List

Back