The gun and drug arguments are inconsistent

badge.aspx

It's sort of like the whole argument that says -

'We need guns to fight a tyrannical government"

but these same people also say -

"The most important thing we need to fund is our military" (ie. the people we need to arm ourselves against)

Still trying to figure out that one.

The amount of money we spend on our military is obscene. We have bases all over the world and get involved in conflicts we shouldn't. I've never heard a sane justification for it.

The price of national defense is always paid in either blood or money. Money now, or blood later. The vast majority of our defense spending goes right back into our economy in the forms of well paying jobs and state of the art technology. You can consider it an economic stimulus package.

The concept that an armed citizenry cannot fight a well developed, disciplined military, is proven false on a daily basis. Afghanistan and Iraq are two examples.

The price of national defense is always paid in either blood or money. Money now, or blood later. The vast majority of our defense spending goes right back into our economy in the forms of well paying jobs and state of the art technology. You can consider it an economic stimulus package.

So tax and spend government policy makes for a good economy?

The concept that an armed citizenry cannot fight a well developed, disciplined military, is proven false on a daily basis. Afghanistan and Iraq are two examples.

So the aforementioned defense spending is unnecessary for defense?

Exhibit A : legalizing drugs wont work. The more access, the more drug users.
Exhibit B : Banning guns wont work. The more access, the less crimes committed.

Exhibit C : Keeping drugs illegal is helping a thriving black market.
Exhibit D : Banning guns will work. The black market will deplete.

WTF? You partisans are fucking retarded.
Obviously the arguments are paraphrased and i am sure everyone, but pogo, will understand.
Banning guns wont work. The more access, the less crimes committed.
That doesn't make sense.
that is a fact. you should actually look it up instead of just shooting off your yap.

banning works in UK, France, Germany that reduces murders by many times the rate
drugs are for addicts/human ''consumption''/physiological--guns not
It is dishonest to compare another country to this one. There are wayyyyy too many factors

Exhibit A : legalizing drugs wont work. The more access, the more drug users.
Exhibit B : Banning guns wont work. The more access to them, the less crimes committed.

Exhibit C : Keeping drugs illegal is helping a thriving black market.
Exhibit D : Banning guns will work. The black market will deplete.

WTF? You partisans are fucking retarded.
Obviously the arguments are paraphrased and i am sure everyone, but pogo, will understand.

Yep, that is what I see, if you are for legalizing drugs, then keeping guns legal is an obvious choice, both being illegal would create a black market.

I'm for legalizing drugs, running them through pharmaceutical companies and get quality control measures in place so it would make them safer, tax it and spend the tax money on rehab centers. Guns, I have no problem with, want a gun, take a gun safety class, no big deal.

Either this is true, and we are good. Or it's not true, and it makes the case for repeal of all gun laws.

Either way.

I want my fucking machine gun, dammit!!!

how long have we been in Afghanistan? And what happened in Iraq? can you say ISIS? what is it you don't get?

Do you think at any point any of those people stood a chance in fuck of overpowering our military? If you put all of the extremists in the world into one giant army we could annihilate them in an hour. We never "won" those wars because it's impossible to do so unless we slaughter entire populations of people. There is no way in hell armed citizens in the U.S could ever stand up to the military, especially after we mechanize the damn thing and have robotic spider tanks patrolling our streets.

Do you think at any point any of those people stood a chance in fuck of overpowering our military? If you put all of the extremists in the world into one giant army we could annihilate them in an hour. We never "won" those wars because it's impossible to do so unless we slaughter entire populations of people. There is no way in hell armed citizens in the U.S could ever stand up to the military, especially after we mechanize the damn thing and have robotic spider tanks patrolling our streets.
It sounds like we need better weapons as citizens.

It's sort of like the whole argument that says -

'We need guns to fight a tyrannical government"

but these same people also say -

"The most important thing we need to fund is our military" (ie. the people we need to arm ourselves against)

Still trying to figure out that one.

Our govt is tyranny and military continues to be increased in terms of funding. Its not difficult to figure out.

how long have we been in Afghanistan? And what happened in Iraq? can you say ISIS? what is it you don't get?

When they got guns they started taking out our military very rapidly. It seems you don't get it. they pushed us back, dude I give a fk if you ignore facts.

It sounds like we need better weapons as citizens.
200w.webp

When they got guns they started taking out our military very rapidly. It seems you don't get it. they pushed us back, dude I give a fk if you ignore facts.

Please provide examples of extremists defeating our military in battles for territory and then keeping said territory. They used hit and run tactics and would occasionally ambush a handful of our guys. Any time they engaged openly they got completely and utterly annihilated. I know that because I wasted 4 years of my life fighting for a corrupt and bloodthirsty government that never gave a fuck about me. You have no idea what you're talking about. Good luck fighting drones, tanks and fortified artillery with your rifle homie.

Last edited:

Please provide examples of extremists defeating our military in battles for territory and then keeping said territory. They used hit and run tactics and would occasionally ambush a handful of our guys. Any time they engaged openly they got completely and utterly annihilated. I know that because I wasted 4 years of my life fighting for a corrupt and bloodthirsty government that never gave a fuck about me. You have no idea what you're talking about. Good luck fighting drones, tanks and fortified artillery with your rifle homie.
why are we still in afghanistan? you haven't answered that yet.

why are we still in afghanistan? you haven't answered that yet.

Probably because we like wasting our nation's time and money so the military-industrial complex can continue making unbelievable amounts of money. There's also a lot of people that think we have a responsibility to help rebuild. Our inability to "win" has nothing to do with their ability to fight us. The extremists don't have a uniformed army that we can target and destroy, and new young people join their ranks every day. Until they start shooting at us we have no fucking idea who the bad guys are. It's not a fight that can be won unless we start killing entire populations of people.

Forum List

Back