The gun lobby has politicized the American Senate, and many Right Wing POLS

Nope. I'm a gun owner. I don't want to restrict law abiding criminals from owning guns.

You are the one that doesn't want to stop these people from get and using guns irresponsible.

You are part of the problem.

Nope. I'm a gun owner. I don't want to restrict law abiding criminals from owning guns.
Exactly how many law abiding criminals do you know?

Meanwhile the filthy Libtards really don't give a shit about gun crime when it is in their Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

40 People Shot, 6 Dead in Chicago Over Memorial Day Weekend: Police

At least 40 people were shot and six were killed in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend, said police on Monday afternoon.

The Chicago Police Department told local media that it had canceled its officers' days off in anticipation of Memorial Day weekend, which historically is marred by outbursts of violence and shooting deaths in Chicago.

Compared with last year, there have been more shootings and deaths this Memorial Day weekend as of Monday morning, according to an analysis by the Sun-Times. Last year, 37 people in all were shot, including three deaths.

One of the victims, Jeremy Benson, 33, was shot and killed on Sunday morning while he was driving in the West Garfield Park neighborhood, officials said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. As he was driving, he was shot and crashed into a median before he was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Another male was shot and killed in the Englewood neighborhood on Chicago's South Side, officials told the paper. The shooting occurred at a birthday party and sent people running into the street. Later, officials confirmed a 24-year-old had died.

"They won't even let me see his body," the man's mother said. Neither the mother nor the man were identified by the Sun-Times. "They could at least let me hold his hand," she told the outlet.

Later on Sunday, a male was killed and four others were injured during a domestic dispute in Chicago's Humboldt Park. The incident led to a standoff with Chicago's SWAT team. The gunman, 23, was arrested about an hour later, officials said.

In another apparent mass shooting incident, five people were seriously wounded after a fight broke out early Sunday morning in the Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago's West Side. Five people aged 16 to 33 were on a sidewalk on South Karlov Avenue at around 1:30 a.m. when a fight broke out and a shooting ensued, police told local media outlets.

A 16-year-old girl was shot in the back, a male and a femaleboth aged 21were shot in the arms, a 21-year-old man was shot in the left side of the body, and a 33-year-old male was shot in the face. No suspects have been arrested.

On Saturday, two males were killed after they opened fire in Englewood at around 5 p.m. on South Bishop Street, police said. After they shot each other, both males were transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where they were pronounced dead. One of the shooters was identified as 29-year-old Derrick Washington, authorities said.

Another person was shot and killed on the South Side on Saturday at around 1:30 p.m. on West 63rd Street, according to police. The man's age and identity were not provided, and no suspect has been taken into custody, police said.

SOO RIN KIM
Tue, May 31, 2022, 2:04 AM

Texas Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, who represent the state where an 18-year-old gunman carried out one of the nation's deadliest school shootings last week, are among Congress' top recipients of contributions from pro-gun donors, campaign finance records show.
Cruz, in particular, has taken in the most money from pro-gun individuals and groups of anyone in the current Congress, amassing $442,000 over the course of his career, according to an analysis of disclosure reports by the nonpartisan campaign finance research group OpenSecrets.
Cornyn ranks third among current U.S. senators and representatives, receiving a total of $340,000 in contributions from pro-gun donors over his career, after Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., who has amassed $396,000, according to the analysis.

In Texas and beyond, many politicians receive mega donations from pro-gun supporters and lobbyists, and their dollars keep them in office.

In fact, our elections are flooded with emoluments given to Members of Congress, and that was made possible by a 5-4 decision in the Supreme Court.

"

A 5–4 majority of the Supreme Court sided with Citizens United, ruling that corporations and other outside groups can spend unlimited money on elections.

What was the rationale for the ruling?

In the court’s opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote that limiting “independent political spending” from corporations and other groups violates the First Amendment right to free speech. The justices who voted with the majority assumed that independent spending cannot be corrupt and that the spending would be transparent, but both assumptions have proven to be incorrect.

Interesting.

I started a thread that shows how DEMOCRATS for the last 20 years or so have called for gun bans and then either voted them down or refused to bring the legislation up for a vote, even when they held a Super Majoritor and/or knew they had the votes to pass it.

....but don't let me stop your partisan rant about how the Republicans are soley at fault.

:p

No there was limits on donations from all those groups. Learn something before you type anything. It makes us want to take you seriously.

That's a LIE. There are limitations of what any individual or corporation can donate to a candidates campaign. Where there are no limitations is to issue advocacy groups and PACS. Perhaps it's you that should learn something.

SOO RIN KIM

Texas Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, who represent the state where an 18-year-old gunman carried out one of the nation's deadliest school shootings last week, are among Congress' top recipients of contributions from pro-gun donors, campaign finance records show.
Cruz, in particular, has taken in the most money from pro-gun individuals and groups of anyone in the current Congress, amassing $442,000 over the course of his career, according to an analysis of disclosure reports by the nonpartisan campaign finance research group OpenSecrets.
Cornyn ranks third among current U.S. senators and representatives, receiving a total of $340,000 in contributions from pro-gun donors over his career, after Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., who has amassed $396,000, according to the analysis.

In Texas and beyond, many politicians receive mega donations from pro-gun supporters and lobbyists, and their dollars keep them in office.

In fact, our elections are flooded with emoluments given to Members of Congress, and that was made possible by a 5-4 decision in the Supreme Court.

"

A 5–4 majority of the Supreme Court sided with Citizens United, ruling that corporations and other outside groups can spend unlimited money on elections.

In the court’s opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote that limiting “independent political spending” from corporations and other groups violates the First Amendment right to free speech. The justices who voted with the majority assumed that independent spending cannot be corrupt and that the spending would be transparent, but both assumptions have proven to be incorrect.
The gun lobby are the voters who support the Second Amendment. They vote anti-gun politicians out of office.

The NRA may tell the voters who the anti-gun politicians are but national elections are so expensive today that the contributions from the gun lobby is peanuts.

SOO RIN KIM

"

Yeah, I listened to a guy on the radio today talking about how Cruz has received $442,000 in donations from the gun lobby over his career.....................AND A TOTAL FROM ALL SOURCES OF ABOUT $180 MILLION.

So tell me how .002 of his donations are what kept him in office, Dipshit.

You have never had an original thought, not once. All you can do is come here and regurgitate dipshittery fed to you by your libtard handlers.

Yeah, I listened to a guy on the radio today talking about how Cruz has received $442,000 in donations from the gun lobby over his career.....................AND A TOTAL FROM ALL SOURCES OF ABOUT $180 MILLION.

So tell me how .002 of his donations are what kept him in office, Dipshit.

You have never had an original thought, not once. All you can do is come here and regurgitate dipshittery fed to you by your libtard handlers.
Well said!

You are the one that doesn't want to stop these people from get and using guns irresponsible.

You are part of the problem.
You are just babbling

Be specific

I am an ordinary gun owner who has never used a gun illegally

And I’m part of the “gun lobby” that you seek to vilify

If you outlaw guns honest citizens will obey but the criminals will not, and Americans will be less safe
S#1" Me too

S#2: Vilify? Not me. I put forth social media and the US Supreme Court

How do you define "criminal"

What makes a criminal a criminal?

A criminal is someone who breaks the law. If you're a murderer, thief, or run through a Red Light, you're a criminal.

S#3: So, what is a criminal you've had in your mind? And when the non criminal who never broke the law, and killed 19 children and two teachers are keeping all American's safe?

The key words in citizen united is unlimited donates.
UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is from the gun-hating Brady org:

The majority of Americans support stronger gun laws — laws that are proven to reduce deaths. But in 2019, the NRA spent $3.22 million to benefit the political campaigns of senators who oppose gun safety legislation. In 2020, they spent $2.20 million.

The AFL-CIO averages $9 MIllion per year.

UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Abortion rights groups, the gun control groups, and the Soros based DA election support groups don't exist either, right?

Oh wait, that's money you agree with so obviously it's good money while money for things you don't agree with is EVILBADWORSTHINGSEVAAAAHHHH
You are full of shit. The abortion rights group protest in the streets, they are identifiable, gun advocates don't march and hide behind $$$ millions.

I am an ordinary gun owner who has never used a gun illegally

And I’m part of the “gun lobby” that you seek to vilify

If you outlaw guns honest citizens will obey but the criminals will not, and Americans will be less safe
So let 18-year-old psychopaths legally purchase AR-15 rifles to murder a bunch of children. That’s your plan to make America safe?

How does that treat a gun advocacy group differently from a gun control advocacy group?
The entire gun shops, that sell not only guns but large magazines and large amounts of bullets.

Forum List

Back