The gun lobby has politicized the American Senate, and many Right Wing POLS

SOO RIN KIM
Tue, May 31, 2022, 2:04 AM

Texas Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, who represent the state where an 18-year-old gunman carried out one of the nation's deadliest school shootings last week, are among Congress' top recipients of contributions from pro-gun donors, campaign finance records show.
Cruz, in particular, has taken in the most money from pro-gun individuals and groups of anyone in the current Congress, amassing $442,000 over the course of his career, according to an analysis of disclosure reports by the nonpartisan campaign finance research group OpenSecrets.
Cornyn ranks third among current U.S. senators and representatives, receiving a total of $340,000 in contributions from pro-gun donors over his career, after Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., who has amassed $396,000, according to the analysis.

In Texas and beyond, many politicians receive mega donations from pro-gun supporters and lobbyists, and their dollars keep them in office.

In fact, our elections are flooded with emoluments given to Members of Congress, and that was made possible by a 5-4 decision in the Supreme Court.

"

A 5–4 majority of the Supreme Court sided with Citizens United, ruling that corporations and other outside groups can spend unlimited money on elections.

What was the rationale for the ruling?

In the court’s opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote that limiting “independent political spending” from corporations and other groups violates the First Amendment right to free speech. The justices who voted with the majority assumed that independent spending cannot be corrupt and that the spending would be transparent, but both assumptions have proven to be incorrect.

Just get back under your bed, you'll be ok.

Yeah, I listened to a guy on the radio today talking about how Cruz has received $442,000 in donations from the gun lobby over his career.....................AND A TOTAL FROM ALL SOURCES OF ABOUT $180 MILLION.

So tell me how .002 of his donations are what kept him in office, Dipshit.

You have never had an original thought, not once. All you can do is come here and regurgitate dipshittery fed to you by your libtard handlers.
: crickets: from Rye Catcher

The gun lobby has politicized the American Senate, and many Right Wing POLS​

The entire Senate is highly politicized by lobbyists of all stripes. Is that your complaint or you okay with the ones you align with bribing the politicians?

SOO RIN KIM
Tue, May 31, 2022, 2:04 AM

Texas Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, who represent the state where an 18-year-old gunman carried out one of the nation's deadliest school shootings last week, are among Congress' top recipients of contributions from pro-gun donors, campaign finance records show.
Cruz, in particular, has taken in the most money from pro-gun individuals and groups of anyone in the current Congress, amassing $442,000 over the course of his career, according to an analysis of disclosure reports by the nonpartisan campaign finance research group OpenSecrets.
Cornyn ranks third among current U.S. senators and representatives, receiving a total of $340,000 in contributions from pro-gun donors over his career, after Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., who has amassed $396,000, according to the analysis.

In Texas and beyond, many politicians receive mega donations from pro-gun supporters and lobbyists, and their dollars keep them in office.

In fact, our elections are flooded with emoluments given to Members of Congress, and that was made possible by a 5-4 decision in the Supreme Court.

"

A 5–4 majority of the Supreme Court sided with Citizens United, ruling that corporations and other outside groups can spend unlimited money on elections.

What was the rationale for the ruling?

In the court’s opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote that limiting “independent political spending” from corporations and other groups violates the First Amendment right to free speech. The justices who voted with the majority assumed that independent spending cannot be corrupt and that the spending would be transparent, but both assumptions have proven to be incorrect.

Meanwhile you keep ignoring the fact that it was the State and Federal governments who should have prevented the killer from passing his background check.

Flopping Aces

The signs were there. They’re almost always there. No one was paying attention.​

Posted by DrJohn on 27 May, 2022

Excerpt:

Tucson. Parkland. Buffalo. Uvalde.

Jared Loughner. Nikolas Cruz. Peyton Gendron. Salvador Ramos.

Their stories are all the same.

They committed terrible crimes exacting unimaginable pain and loss. All were preventable had someone taken their job seriously.

Jared Loughner, who shot Gabby Giffords, was well known to Tucson police. He made numerous death threats. The cops were called to his house numerous times. He purchased a Glock after he made several death threats. They let him keep the weapon.

Nikolas Cruz posted “Im going to be a professional school shooter” on YouTube. The FBI was tipped off.

A person close to Cruz warned the FBI last month that he had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the FBI admitted on Friday. The agency failed to act on the tip.

The FBI was also warned about Cruz after he posted on YouTube saying he was going to become a “professional school shooter.” The agency said they couldn’t identify the user who made the threat, despite Cruz posting under his own name.

LINK for the rest

=====

Your partisanship mentality is keeping you profoundly ignorant.

Last edited:
Meanwhile you keep ignoring the fact that it was the State and Federal governments who should have prevented the killer from passing his background check.

Flopping Aces

The signs were there. They’re almost always there. No one was paying attention.​

Posted by DrJohn on 27 May, 2022

Excerpt:

Tucson. Parkland. Buffalo. Uvalde.

Jared Loughner. Nikolas Cruz. Peyton Gendron. Salvador Ramos.

Their stories are all the same.

They committed terrible crimes exacting unimaginable pain and loss. All were preventable had someone taken their job seriously.

Jared Loughner, who shot Gabby Giffords, was well known to Tucson police. He made numerous death threats. The cops were called to his house numerous times. He purchased a Glock after he made several death threats. They let him keep the weapon.

Nikolas Cruz posted “Im going to be a professional school shooter” on YouTube. The FBI was tipped off.

A person close to Cruz warned the FBI last month that he had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the FBI admitted on Friday. The agency failed to act on the tip.

LINK for the rest

=====

Your partisanship mentality is keeping your profoundly ignorant.
No dingbat, I'm not ignorant; I've been aware of all mass murders' since "Richard Benjamin Speck (December 6, 1941 – December 5, 1991) was an American mass murderer who killed eight student nurses in their South Deering, Chicago residence via stabbing, strangling, slashing their throats, or a combination of the three on the night of July 13–14, 1966."

I knew in my freshman year at CAL I would seek a job in Law Enforcement.

No dingbat, I'm not ignorant and I have been aware of all mass murders since "Richard Benjamin Speck (December 6, 1941 – December 5, 1991) was an American mass murderer who killed eight student nurses in their South Deering, Chicago residence via stabbing, strangling, slashing their throats, or a combination of the three on the night of July 13–14, 1966."

I knew in my freshman year at CAL I would seek a job in Law Enforcement.

You make a big deal about IRRELEVANT political $$$ contributions argument while I made a case you are now angry about because you never thought of it despite your alleged law enforcement training that the government officials screwed it up.

It was the NRA who strongly backed the Background Check database which President Clinton duly signed into law in 1998 they also showed acceptance to allowing red flags to be added into the database which the FBI and state officials failed to do for this mass killer.

It is your rancid partisanship that keeps making you look foolish here.

Oh Jeebus. What a stupid pretext for a thread. The U.S.Senate has always been politicized. The 17th Amendment made the situation worse.

They exist, and assholes like you call me a "hack-twit". The dollars and "presents" given to members of Congress from Corporations and the Gun Lobby are massive and dark money.
Yet you're roaringly silent about Zuckerburg spending tens of millions of dollars to illegally influence/steal an election.

Yup, "hack-twit" is right on the mark.

I am an ordinary gun owner who has never used a gun illegally

And I’m part of the “gun lobby” that you seek to vilify

If you outlaw guns honest citizens will obey but the criminals will not, and Americans will be less safe
That’s where I just become a criminal. Most gun owners will do the same. The same thing happened in Australia and Canada. Gun owners just won’t comply.

They exist, and assholes like you call me a "hack-twit". The dollars and "presents" given to members of Congress from Corporations and the Gun Lobby are massive and dark money.
No wonder why Trump's asseater Lyin Ted went to the convention with his hand out & why he runs his stupid yap about "one door" in schools & other bullshit.

The bearded fuckwad sent his kids to private schools where gun violence isn't a problem.

Forum List

Back