The guy isn't White, didn't use an "Assault Rifle" and didn't use a large capacity magazine...

I say not white only because the left does it.....using their standard he isn't white, so they lose on that one too......I agree on the cultural thing by the way....
Thanks, and agreed. Zimmerman was white because he shot a black attacker, but if a close relative was shot by a policeman, he'd be "Hispanic" to the Left.

The US citizen & ex US soldier was mentally ill caused by his time at war. But when mental illness is used as a reason to prevent gun ownership you NRA nutjobs have a fit. " Who says when someone is crazry!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"
The law is quite clear on when a person can be prohibited from buying a gun due to mental issues.
This shooter did not qualify.
Agreed. Like Dylan Roof, the FBI may have dropped the ball on Santiago's background check.

As for RealDave's comment, the problem wasn't denying a mentally ill person's Second Amendment rights, it was that there was no mechanism put in place for restoration of those rights. Example, a veteran returns from Iraq depressed and suicidal after losing friends in combat. He'd be denied the right of self-defense under the Second Amendment. After 18 months of treatment, he's cured of his depression and is moving forward. He's now a healthy, mentally fit 24 years old American veteran and, under the LW anti-gun bill, can never, ever own a gun for the rest of his life. That's fucked up, sir, and that's why the anti-gun bill was shut down. It was oppressive and anti-Constitutional. Fix it and I'll look at it again.

You mean the ones where you had to pull back the hammer?

No, hammer shotguns are a REALLY old design...though a handful of boutique makers to build them. The vast majority of double barrel shotguns have internal hammers and no safety.
Funny chit, mine has a safety.

Some modern ones do. The vast majority made do not.

Not sure why that is funny.

So, there is no mechanism, internal or external, that prevents a trigger pull from firing the weapon? I say bullshit.

Your ignorance is showing. No, in the vast majority of double or single barrel shotguns, the common kind that break open, there is no safety. The safety is breaking open the firearm. When it's loaded and closed, pulling the trigger fires the weapon.

You really shouldn't go on about that which you know little.

You are welcome.

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. The definition of an assault weapon that separates it from others is select-fire ability, which the AR-15 DOES NOT HAVE!

No, I am not in a militia. I train special operations troops in an urban combat environment. I play the bad guy!

You attitude towards guns tells me all I need to know about your nocturnal urination.

But the bill that banned assault rifles had a different definition.

My attitude is that I don't need to tote a gun everywhere I go. We should reinstate a assault rifle ban. Limit magazine/clip size. Anyone with a conceal carry permit be required extensive training. Mental health concerns should be a factor. There is something seriously wrong with a good percentage of those non law enforcement people who tote guns everywhere they go. When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

Tell you what, you feel free to cower in the corner of the gun free zone waiting for another man, an armed one, to save your ass. Now THAT'S "seriously wrong".

I'll come prepared, just in case, thank you.

As to your other ideas, what in the hell makes you think criminals and crazies are going to follow your rules?
Remember when Gabby Giffords was shot. A man with a concealed gun permit had heard the shots, drew his gun & headed toward the scene. He peaked around the corner, saw a man with a gun & took aim. At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.

The idea that you think you are trained enough is ridiculous. Sure there might be a situation where it is clear but how do you know you're not shooter another toter coming to help?

I know some toters & open carry people. When I am near, I wonder if their safeties are on, if they are properly holstered, what training did they have. And if they are truly concerned for their protection or toting because they think it makes them a tough guy.

I'll take my chances that I might be in range of a mass shooter instead of at risk from dumbass toters who are careless.

and he didn't shoot the guy what the fuck more do you want than an armed citizen showing that kind of restraint?

My attitude on concealed carry is this and it will never change

When I carry it is for the protection of myself and my wife THAT"S IT

If I see someone who chooses not to be able to protect himself I assume that he made the choice of his own free will to put his safety into the hands of the cops. So If I see a person like you getting the absolute shit kicked out of him I will call the cops and an ambulance and hope they show up before you're beaten to death

Leave it to a lefty to use an example of restraint and good judgement as evidence of poor decision making.
Leave it to a NRA nutjob to ignore that the shooter almost killed an innocent person.

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........
And only killed 5. Why did he have that gun in the first place. With his mental history, why was he allowed to buy it, and why was he allowed to keep it?

Leave it to a fool to ignore the man used common sense, and didn't pull the trigger.

A "safety" can be a "button" or a built in mechanism.
A built in mechanism? Is that like a gadget or a whatchamacallit? :)

Yes, it's a "mechanism", usually a lever, but could be a slide button.

There is no safety to activate in most revolvers. The hammer is down and must be manually pulled back or, if a double-action, the trigger pulled firmly to the rear both pulling back the hammer and then releasing it. A safety feature of modern revolvers is a little plate that stays between the hammer firing pin and the bullet primer when the hammer is down to prevent accidental discharge by dropping it.

And only killed 5. Why did he have that gun in the first place. With his mental history, why was he allowed to buy it, and why was he allowed to keep it?
Ask the anti-gun Democrats who crafted such a nasty overreaching anti-gun bill it was unpassable.

A "safety" can be a "button" or a built in mechanism.
A built in mechanism? Is that like a gadget or a whatchamacallit? :)

Yes, it's a "mechanism", usually a lever, but could be a slide button.

There is no safety to activate in most revolvers. The hammer is down and must be manually pulled back or, if a double-action, the trigger pulled firmly to the rear both pulling back the hammer and then releasing it. A safety feature of modern revolvers is a little plate that stays between the hammer firing pin and the bullet primer when the hammer is down to prevent accidental discharge by dropping it.

Wow you people are beyond stupid. If what you said prevents a revolver from being fired what the fuck difference does it make if it is a slide or a hammer position???

I posted the definition from a gun organization. Go back & read it.

Ask the anti-gun Democrats who crafted such a nasty overreaching anti-gun bill it was unpassable.
Ask the NRA funded Republicans who see "Gun" in a bill & vote no.

But hey, lets arm all the crazy people, legalize carrying in bars because we need drunk crazy people, & hand out guns at the school door, according to you, that will stop gun violence.

Wow you people are beyond stupid. If what you said prevents a revolver from being fired what the fuck difference does it make if it is a slide or a hammer position???

I posted the definition from a gun organization. Go back & read it.

But hey, lets arm all the crazy people, legalize carrying in bars because we need drunk crazy people, & hand out guns at the school door, according to you, that will stop gun violence.

Awesome. You epitomize "spring-loaded", sir. Obviously, there is no reason to expect a calm, rational discussion with you. Have a nice day.

Yeah...you need to do your research before you comment...Virginia passed concealed carry in bars in 2015....their crime rate in bars went down 5.2%.....

People can carry guns in bars in a lot of states, and just like driving, if they are driving they don't drink, if they are carrying, they don't drink......

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........

In Nice, France the muslim terrorist killed 89 with a truck.....and the shooter in Florida did so in a gun free zone...

At least 22 states allow carrying in places that serve alcohol...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/us/04guns.html

Tennessee is one of four states, along with Arizona, Georgia and Virginia, that recently enacted laws explicitly allowing loaded guns in bars. (Eighteen other states allow weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol.)

Republicans will fight to the last man to protect the rights of insane mass murderers to own as many guns as they want.

Republicans will fight to the last man to protect the rights of insane mass murderers to own as many guns as they want.
Translation: Republican Congressional representatives will fight to the end to support and defend the Constitution.

Yes, that is correct. Democrats, though, want to rewrite the Constitution into their own image and really, really hate anyone who disagrees with them.

The US citizen & ex US soldier was mentally ill caused by his time at war. But when mental illness is used as a reason to prevent gun ownership you NRA nutjobs have a fit. " Who says when someone is crazry!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"

It he did have an assault type weapon, a lot more would have been killed.

What a stupid and baseless assertion.

Yeah....no. No one has ever taken this as a position...they do fight to ensure that Americans have due process before Rights are taken away......while democrats owned people before Republicans taught them that that wasn't right.....so democrats have a history of denying people their God given rights without due process....

Translation: Republican Congressional representatives will fight to the end to support and defend the Constitution.

Yes, that is correct. Democrats, though, want to rewrite the Constitution into their own image and really, really hate anyone who disagrees with them.
I didn't see in the constitution where insane mass murderers have gun rights. Clearly Republicans do. Unless they are referring to themselves as "insane mass murderers".

Forum List

Back