The guy isn't White, didn't use an "Assault Rifle" and didn't use a large capacity magazine...

Remember when Gabby Giffords was shot. A man with a concealed gun permit had heard the shots, drew his gun & headed toward the scene. He peaked around the corner, saw a man with a gun & took aim. At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.

The idea that you think you are trained enough is ridiculous. Sure there might be a situation where it is clear but how do you know you're not shooter another toter coming to help?

I know some toters & open carry people. When I am near, I wonder if their safeties are on, if they are properly holstered, what training did they have. And if they are truly concerned for their protection or toting because they think it makes them a tough guy.

I'll take my chances that I might be in range of a mass shooter instead of at risk from dumbass toters who are careless.

Hey dumbass! Many guns do not HAVE safeties.

Keep embarrassing yourself! It is hilarious!

BTW, learn to spell "peeked" correctly.

So you think it is OK for people to carry loaded guns without safeties? I wonder how that would work out.

How many revolvers do you think have safeties?

"A safety is a mechanical component of a firearm. Just because it’s called a “safety” doesn’t mean it’s the only way to prevent an accidental discharge."

Now what?

Now, answer the question.

"So you think it is OK for people to carry loaded guns without safeties"
"How many revolvers do you think have safeties?"

Another type of firearm that almost never has a safety is an old fashion double barrel shotgun. You know, the type Joe Biden said was okay to own...and to shoot into the air to scare bad guys away, despite that being illegal in many jurisdictions.

Their ignorance to that which they wish to control is astonishing.

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........
Nor a truck.

So, what we are seeing is this is everyone's and anyone's fault but the guy who did it. Funny, how the media did not go into the possibility of mental illness with dylan roof. Oh, but when the attacker is brown, well now it must be mental illness. The military. The Iraq war. In other words white American Christian male fault.
I believe they did. He said he wasn't..

So you think it is OK for people to carry loaded guns without safeties? I wonder how that would work out.

"A safety is a mechanical component of a firearm. Just because it’s called a “safety” doesn’t mean it’s the only way to prevent an accidental discharge."

Now what?

Another type of firearm that almost never has a safety is an old fashion double barrel shotgun. You know, the type Joe Biden said was okay to own...and to shoot into the air to scare bad guys away, despite that being illegal in many jurisdictions.

You mean the ones where you had to pull back the hammer?

Now what?

No, hammer shotguns are a REALLY old design...though a handful of boutique makers to build them. The vast majority of double barrel shotguns have internal hammers and no safety.

Now what?

No, hammer shotguns are a REALLY old design...though a handful of boutique makers to build them. The vast majority of double barrel shotguns have internal hammers and no safety.
Funny chit, mine has a safety.

Now what?

Your shotgun has a safety?

What model shotgun?

Now what?

Some modern ones do. The vast majority made do not.

Not sure why that is funny.

So, there is no mechanism, internal or external, that prevents a trigger pull from firing the weapon? I say bullshit.

Your shotgun has a safety?

What model shotgun?
Savage Fox

I don't? That's funny! I am a military vet, a member of the NRA, and own what you would incorrectly classify as an assault weapon. I shoot fully automatic weapons as a volunteer military urban combat opposition force.

I think I know what I am talking about more than an obvious pansy-ass bedwetter like you.
First, thank you for your service.

Second, there can be several definitions of an assault rifle. When talking about banning assault rifles, typically it refers to the previous ban and the type of guns being sold today such as the AR15.

Third, are you saying you are in one of those wacko militias?

Fourth, If you think I am a pansy ass bed wetter, try to break into my home & find out how many guns I own & how well I can use them.

You are welcome.

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. The definition of an assault weapon that separates it from others is select-fire ability, which the AR-15 DOES NOT HAVE!

No, I am not in a militia. I train special operations troops in an urban combat environment. I play the bad guy!

You attitude towards guns tells me all I need to know about your nocturnal urination.

But the bill that banned assault rifles had a different definition.

My attitude is that I don't need to tote a gun everywhere I go. We should reinstate a assault rifle ban. Limit magazine/clip size. Anyone with a conceal carry permit be required extensive training. Mental health concerns should be a factor. There is something seriously wrong with a good percentage of those non law enforcement people who tote guns everywhere they go. When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

Tell you what, you feel free to cower in the corner of the gun free zone waiting for another man, an armed one, to save your ass. Now THAT'S "seriously wrong".

I'll come prepared, just in case, thank you.

As to your other ideas, what in the hell makes you think criminals and crazies are going to follow your rules?
Remember when Gabby Giffords was shot. A man with a concealed gun permit had heard the shots, drew his gun & headed toward the scene. He peaked around the corner, saw a man with a gun & took aim. At the last moment, he realized that it was not the shooter but a bystander picking up the shooter's gun.

The idea that you think you are trained enough is ridiculous. Sure there might be a situation where it is clear but how do you know you're not shooter another toter coming to help?

I know some toters & open carry people. When I am near, I wonder if their safeties are on, if they are properly holstered, what training did they have. And if they are truly concerned for their protection or toting because they think it makes them a tough guy.

I'll take my chances that I might be in range of a mass shooter instead of at risk from dumbass toters who are careless.

and he didn't shoot the guy what the fuck more do you want than an armed citizen showing that kind of restraint?

My attitude on concealed carry is this and it will never change

When I carry it is for the protection of myself and my wife THAT"S IT

If I see someone who chooses not to be able to protect himself I assume that he made the choice of his own free will to put his safety into the hands of the cops. So If I see a person like you getting the absolute shit kicked out of him I will call the cops and an ambulance and hope they show up before you're beaten to death

So, there is no mechanism, internal or external, that prevents a trigger pull from firing the weapon? I say bullshit.

Some guns do not have a safety. If you took some time to actually learn a little about guns you would already know that just like you would already know that any "assault" rifle available to the public is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle available to the public

Your ignorance is showing. No, in the vast majority of double or single barrel shotguns, the common kind that break open, there is no safety. The safety is breaking open the firearm. When it's loaded and closed, pulling the trigger fires the weapon.

You really shouldn't go on about that which you know little.

Sounds like he knew what he was doing.
Actually, he scared himself that he almost killed an innocent person.

And please link to his statements about his fear....

Zamudio had long kept a gun in his car. The previous August, when buying a Ruger P95 9mm, he had learned from the gun dealer that Arizona had legalized permit-less carry, and from that day on had worn the Ruger constantly. Left-handed, he was carrying it that day, butt forward in the inside right breast pocket of his jacket, fully loaded with 16 rounds.

Zamudio continued, “I reached into my pocket, put my hand on my pistol, took the safety off, and ran down the sidewalk (toward the shooting scene). That’s when I saw a group of people wrestling with (Loughner).

The first thing I focused on was the man closest to me. His back was to me. He raised up with a Glock in his hand, open, magazine sticking out. In that second I decided that because the gun was open, I didn’t have to shoot him. I immediately grabbed him by the wrist, turned the gun in toward him, told him to drop the weapon. He did.

“Even as he was dropping the gun, everyone yelled, ‘It’s not him, it’s not him!’ I said, ‘Put it down.’ I was hearing people yell, ‘I’ll kill you, you motherf***er, I’ll kill you.’

When the man dropped the gun I said, ‘Put your foot on it, make us all feel safe,’ and he did. This turned out to be Roger Sulzgeber, one of my personal heroes.

He and Bill Badger had grabbed Loughner and pulled him to the ground. Apparently the gun had jammed, either misfired or didn’t feed, and Loughner was trying to reload again when they grabbed him. There was an empty mag on ground, a full one that mis-fed in the gun, and another full magazine Patricia Maisch got away from him.”

Killer Restrained

“The world went into slow motion,” Joe continued. “I assessed the situation. Bill had Loughner by the neck on the ground. Roger stood on the gun and leaned over and grabbed Loughner’s shoulder, holding him down. Patricia had been on the ground when she grabbed the loaded magazine away from him, and she shimmied over his legs. Loughner began to struggle, and Patricia asked me to take her place. I got down onto the back of his knee and put a hand on his hip. A fourth gentleman put a foot on his back, he wasn’t going anywhere. I tried to call 911 but couldn’t get through, tried three times. The police showed up in about four minutes. All Loughner ever said during that time was, ‘Ow. You’re breaking my arm.’”

"
But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.
Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

Yeah? I posted that quote......you said he was afraid......and again...in the middle of a mass public shooting, with another concealed carrier right there......and Zamudio had no formal training.....he did the exact right things.....

Your whole point is what? Since the shooting you cited doesn't back up anything you said.

I said the event scared him. How close he came to shooting an innocent man. Just like what he said in my post.

It could easily have ended differently.
close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

First, thank you for your service.

Second, there can be several definitions of an assault rifle. When talking about banning assault rifles, typically it refers to the previous ban and the type of guns being sold today such as the AR15.

Third, are you saying you are in one of those wacko militias?

Fourth, If you think I am a pansy ass bed wetter, try to break into my home & find out how many guns I own & how well I can use them.

You are welcome.

The AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. The definition of an assault weapon that separates it from others is select-fire ability, which the AR-15 DOES NOT HAVE!

No, I am not in a militia. I train special operations troops in an urban combat environment. I play the bad guy!

You attitude towards guns tells me all I need to know about your nocturnal urination.

My attitude is that I don't need to tote a gun everywhere I go. We should reinstate a assault rifle ban. Limit magazine/clip size. Anyone with a conceal carry permit be required extensive training. Mental health concerns should be a factor. There is something seriously wrong with a good percentage of those non law enforcement people who tote guns everywhere they go. When you put a gun in your home, it is more likely to harm a person in that home that use it in protecting that home.

Tell you what, you feel free to cower in the corner of the gun free zone waiting for another man, an armed one, to save your ass. Now THAT'S "seriously wrong".

As to your other ideas, what in the hell makes you think criminals and crazies are going to follow your rules?

and he didn't shoot the guy what the fuck more do you want than an armed citizen showing that kind of restraint?

My attitude on concealed carry is this and it will never change

When I carry it is for the protection of myself and my wife THAT"S IT

If I see someone who chooses not to be able to protect himself I assume that he made the choice of his own free will to put his safety into the hands of the cops. So If I see a person like you getting the absolute shit kicked out of him I will call the cops and an ambulance and hope they show up before you're beaten to death

Leave it to a lefty to use an example of restraint and good judgement as evidence of poor decision making.

You are welcome.

My god the Glock, one of the most issued handguns in the world does not have a manual safety so I guess carrying a gun without a manual safety works just fine

My god the Glock, one of the most issued handguns in the world does not have a manual safety so I guess carrying a gun without a manual safety works just fine

Or just about every revolver ever made.

Or just about every revolver ever made.
I only wanted to give him one specific example because his pea brain can't handle any more data that that

So....the guy isn't white, according to the left, he may have been a muslim.....he didn't use an "Assault Rifle," he didn't use a large capacity magazine, and the FBI knew about him.....the left wing anti gunners are already having a bad 2017.........
Agreed about the AR, FFBI and less-than-10 round magazine. FWIW, Santiago is white. "Hispanic" is cultural, not racial.

From what I've been able to find out, he appears to have used a Walther PPS M2 with the extended 8-shot magazine.
PPS M2 - Walther Arms It seems to come with 3 mags; 6, 7 and 8 shot.
Esteban-Santiago-Ft-Lauderdale-shooter3.jpg

Agreed about the AR, FFBI and less-than-10 round magazine. FWIW, Santiago is white. "Hispanic" is cultural, not racial.

From what I've been able to find out, he appears to have used a Walther PPS M2 with the extended 8-shot magazine.
PPS M2 - Walther Arms It seems to come with 3 mags; 6, 7 and 8 shot.
Esteban-Santiago-Ft-Lauderdale-shooter3.jpg

I say not white only because the left does it.....using their standard he isn't white, so they lose on that one too......I agree on the cultural thing by the way....

The US citizen & ex US soldier was mentally ill caused by his time at war. But when mental illness is used as a reason to prevent gun ownership you NRA nutjobs have a fit. " Who says when someone is crazry!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"
The law is quite clear on when a person can be prohibited from buying a gun due to mental issues.
This shooter did not qualify.

Forum List

Back