The guy who bought Kyle Rittenhouse's rifle......likely walking without felonies, and only 2 citations and a 2,000 dollar fine, anti-gunners weep.

Which law did he break?
Delivering a firearm to someone not entitled under state law to have one, resulting in death. The got him on two counts. The law does not specify, the gun be used maliciously, only that it results in death. They had him dead to right. They are just sending a message. Are you thinking the state was wrong to cut the kid a break? I suspect this kid will never be a straw buyer of another under aged kid as long as his lives.

Delivering a firearm to someone not entitled under state law to have one, resulting in death. The got him on two counts. The law does not specify, the gun be used maliciously, only that it results in death. They had him dead to right. They are just sending a message. Are you thinking the state was wrong to cut the kid a break? I suspect this kid will never be a straw buyer of another under aged kid as long as his lives.

Nope......they should never have brought charges against him......Kyle wasn't a felon, so buying him the rifle shouldn't be a crime, especially a felony.

Nope......they should never have brought charges against him......Kyle wasn't a felon, so buying him the rifle shouldn't be a crime, especially a felony.
Take that up with the state. It was their state legislature that made the law. He can count himself lucky as there are similar Federal laws that that Federal prosecutors could have charged him with and that he would equally be guilty of. These laws are written to keep weapons out of the hands of those, state and federal government know should not be in possession of weapons.
Have you written the kid to tell him he should not have taken the deal, as you would like to see it used as a test case to fight the laws themselves on constitutional grounds? No. You figure he got as good a deal as he could possibly get, just as I did. Justice has been served.

Delivering a firearm to someone not entitled under state law to have one...
Rittenhouse was legally entitled to own that weapon. His defense schooled the prosecutor on the details, and the judge dropped the charge.

EXPLAINER: Why did judge drop Rittenhouse gun charge?

Hours before closing arguments began on Monday, Judge Bruce Schroeder granted a defense motion to toss out the weapons charge. Rittenhouse attorneys Mark Richards and Corey Chirafisi pointed to an exception in the law that they said allows minors to possess shotguns and rifles as long as they’re not short-barreled.

Assistant District Attorney James Kraus argued that the exception renders the state’s prohibition on minors possessing dangerous weapons meaningless. But when he acknowledged that Rittenhouse’s rifle’s barrel was longer than 16 inches, the minimum barrel length allowed under state law, Schroeder dismissed the charge.

:auiqs.jpg: Rittenhouse did not break that law. Period. End of story. The incompetent prosecutor fucked up.
Dave, you missed it. The thread isn't about Rittenhouse. It is about the guy that illegally sold him his weaponry. In case you missed it. Rittenhouse was found innocent, months ago.

Dave, you missed it. The thread isn't about Rittenhouse. It is about the guy that illegally sold him his weaponry. In case you missed it. Rittenhouse was found innocent, months ago.
Yeah, no shit. But you said, "Delivering a firearm to someone not entitled under state law to have one..."

Which was false, as I've more than adequately demonstrated.

So how can delivering a firearm to someone who is not legally prohibited from having it be a crime?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this much thought. At all.

What delinquency?

Kyle committed no crime.

However, Domenic Black may go ahead and take the stupid plea just to make it all go away.

Care to elaborate?

Why do you think that?

People get sued for mistakes all the time. This guy knew he was giving a gun to a minor. It wasn't even a mistake.

You are confused.

Under Wisconsin law it is legal for a 17 year old to have a rifle providing it meets certain length criteria and is not a pistol.

Under the law a 17 year old with an AR-15 longer than 26 inches and a barrel longer than 16 inches is just as legal as anyone 45 years old. A 17 year old is not considered a "minor" for that law.

That is why the gun charges was thrown out in court by the Judge.

Yeah, no shit. But you said, "Delivering a firearm to someone not entitled under state law to have one..."

Which was false, as I've more than adequately demonstrated.

So how can delivering a firearm to someone who is not legally prohibited from having it be a crime?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this much thought. At all.
What? You are saying it is legal to be a straw buyer for out of state juveniles or that nobody died, or just that the judge dropped the felony charge, and he took the plea deal? We are supposed to be impressed? Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this much thought. At all.

What? You are saying it is legal to be a straw buyer for out of state juveniles or that nobody died, or just that the judge dropped the felony charge, and he took the plea deal? We are supposed to be impressed? Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this much thought. At all.
I'm saying it wasn't illegal for Kyle to have the weapon, despite what you said.

What delinquency?

Kyle committed no crime.

However, Domenic Black may go ahead and take the stupid plea just to make it all go away.

Yep...defending against felony charges can go into the hundreds of thousands of dollars....

I'm saying it wasn't illegal for Kyle to have the weapon, despite what you said.
There is a difference between not being prosecuted and being found innocent. The guy that was 19 when he bought the gun from the hardware store with Kyles money got off easy. Say, if it's all good, how did he contribute to the delinquency of a minor?
You figure OJ never killed anybody, too or was he just innocent?

There is a difference between not being prosecuted and being found innocent. The guy that was 19 when he bought the gun from the hardware store with Kyles money got off easy. Say, if it's all good, how did he contribute to the delinquency of a minor?
You figure OJ never killed anybody, too or was he just innocent?
Look, I know you're angry that I proved you wrong.

But perhaps you shouldn't make false claims to begin with, huh?

Look, I know you're angry that I proved you wrong.

But perhaps you shouldn't make false claims to begin with, huh?
I'm not angry. I'm not even wrong. You are confusing guilt and innocence in a court of law with being right or wrong. I still know the difference. I doubt you do. Take it up with the judge. You haven't heard me complain about either verdict.

Forum List

Back