The Heart of the AGW Premise Fails Empirical Review.

I have provided you with the article that stated explicitly that they received a resonant radio frequency that equated to CMB...it isn't my fault that you think that means that the resonant radio frequency was actually cmb.
You never provided an article that said nor implied the CMB did not penetrate the air to a warm dish.
models without physical verification mean exactly jack.
All models of EM radiation have been verified by experiments to parts per billion accuracy.

models and models and models and not the first piece of physical evidence. Is EM radiation an observable, measurable, testable physical entity? Wouldn't you think that you might have physical evidence supporting claims regarding a physical entity? You are laughable.

Yes EM radiation is an observable, measurable, testable physical entity? You are observing it right now as you read this. Scientists have shown it agrees with the mathematical models to parts per billion accuracy. Scientists observed the CMB on the earth surface too.

Keep yanking your own chain if it gets you though life. Face it guy...you couldn't support your argument...you engaged in logical fallacies one after another and showed how easily you are fooled by instrumentation...nothing more. The Second law of thermodynamics still says what it says and the SB law still says what it says. Nothing has changed.

There will be two way energy flow. Everything radiates that is above absolute zero. But the NET energy flow will be from the warmer to the cooler objects.

And why do we need evidence of unforced energy flow from cooler to warmer to confirm EM radiation?
You are certainly right. SSDD believes that the presence of a warmer body will keep the colder body from radiating anything toward it even thought the surface charges are vibrating like mad.

[

Going to my example, an IR sensor would detect energy flowing in all directions from both steel balls. That would be direct, measured evidence of two way energy flow. And what do you mean there is no net energy flow? Are you saying the cold steel ball wouldn't get warmer and the warm steel ball wouldn't get colder?

No, an IR sensor at ambient temperature would not detect energy flowing in all directions.

What do I mean? It's easy.
CodeCogsEqn_zps2e7aca9c.gif
that is the SB equation for radiating bodies, not in a vacuum, and in the presence of other matter. Set T and Tc to the same number....what does P then equal?

Both steel balls will be radiating in all directions. Do you dispute this?

And this

Stefan-Boltzmann Law

States your equation describes a hot body, T, radiating into cooler surroundings Tc. But back to your comment. I don't disagree

Set T and Tc to the same number....what does P then equal?

The answer must be zero. But both steel balls will still radiate, in my example. Going to my link, it implies the emitter is the same temperature as its surroundings. But the emitter will still emit if it is above absolute zero.

P= the amount of radiation emitting from the radiator which is dependent upon the temperature difference between T and Tc. When T and Tc are the same and P=zero...that means something. The equation is making a statement about reality. Alter the statement and you must alter the equation...alter the equation and it no longer represents the physical law.

And I say the equation represents the NET change in energy between the object and environment. The object will still be radiating.

From my link:

If the hot object is radiating energy to its cooler surroundings at temperature Tc, the net radiation loss rate takes the form

stef3.png

Last edited:
There will be two way energy flow. Everything radiates that is above absolute zero. But the NET energy flow will be from the warmer to the cooler objects.

And why do we need evidence of unforced energy flow from cooler to warmer to confirm EM radiation?
You are certainly right. SSDD believes that the presence of a warmer body will keep the colder body from radiating anything toward it even thought the surface charges are vibrating like mad.

Exactly so.

Keep yanking your own chain if it gets you though life. Face it guy...you couldn't support your argument...you engaged in logical fallacies one after another and showed how easily you are fooled by instrumentation...nothing more. The Second law of thermodynamics still says what it says and the SB law still says what it says. Nothing has changed.
Where is the logical fallacy?
This derivation shows what ChesBayJJ, Tod, etc, myself, and 372 thousand scientists agree with.

For a substance at temperature T₁
and the background at temperature T₂.

Emission: Rₑ = e σ T₁⁴

Absorption: Rₐ =e σ T₂⁴

The net rate of EM energy exchange:

Rnet = Rₑ - Rₐ = e σ T₁⁴ – e σ T₂⁴ = e σ (T₁⁴ – T₂⁴)

ehs
[

Going to my example, an IR sensor would detect energy flowing in all directions from both steel balls. That would be direct, measured evidence of two way energy flow. And what do you mean there is no net energy flow? Are you saying the cold steel ball wouldn't get warmer and the warm steel ball wouldn't get colder?

No, an IR sensor at ambient temperature would not detect energy flowing in all directions.

that is the SB equation for radiating bodies, not in a vacuum, and in the presence of other matter. Set T and Tc to the same number....what does P then equal?

And this

Stefan-Boltzmann Law

States your equation describes a hot body, T, radiating into cooler surroundings Tc. But back to your comment. I don't disagree

The answer must be zero. But both steel balls will still radiate, in my example. Going to my link, it implies the emitter is the same temperature as its surroundings. But the emitter will still emit if it is above absolute zero.

P= the amount of radiation emitting from the radiator which is dependent upon the temperature difference between T and Tc. When T and Tc are the same and P=zero...that means something. The equation is making a statement about reality. Alter the statement and you must alter the equation...alter the equation and it no longer represents the physical law.

And I say the equation represents the NET change in energy between the object and environment. The object will still be radiating.

From my link:

If the hot object is radiating energy to its cooler surroundings at temperature Tc, the net radiation loss rate takes the form

stef3.png
Really...Which expression within that equation allows you to calculate net? I see T-Tc...that expression describes a gross change, not a net change.

Plug in the temperature of the cool object.
That tells you how much it radiates.

Now plug in the temperature of the warm object.
That tells you how much it radiates.

You see, they both radiate at the same time.
But the formula states, e.g. 200F- 100F = 100F, it's all one way. There's no heat flowing upstream.

But the formula states, e.g. 200F- 100F = 100F, it's all one way.

The formula does not state one way.

There's no heat flowing upstream.

Who said anything about heat? We're discussing radiation. Power emitted.

Heat Transfer Through Conduction: Equation & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

conductionequation.png

Q over t is the rate of heat transfer - the amount of heat transferred per second, measured in Joules per second, or Watts. kis the thermal conductivity of the material - for example, copper has a thermal conductivity of 390, but wool has a thermal conductivity of just 0.04. T1 is the temperature of one object, and T2 is the temperature of the other. Since it's a temperature difference, you can actually use Celsius or Kelvin, whichever is most convenient. And d is the thickness of the material we're interested in. So the rate of heat transfer to an object is equal to the thermal conductivity of the material the object is made from, multiplied by the surface area in contact, multiplied by the difference in temperature between the two objects, divided by the thickness of the material.

Calculation Example
Okay, let's go through an example. Let's say you're going to a water park, and you're going to take a Styrofoam cooler with you. The cooler has a total surface area of 1.2 meters squared, and the walls are 0.03 meters thick. The temperature inside the cooler is 0 Celsius, and at the hottest part of the day it's 38 degrees Celsius. During this time of day, how much heat energy per second is lost by the cooler? And how much heat energy is lost in three hours at the water park assuming the temperature stays at 38 degrees? (Note: The thermal conductivity of Styrofoam is 0.01.)"

So you're saying their equation is incorrect, that the computation is not T2-T1, but T2-T1 + imaginary heat radiated from the cooler to the warmer

Heat Transfer Through Conduction:

Thanks for the link.
We're discussing radiation at the moment.
Not conduction.

Doesn't matter whether you are talking about conduction, radiation, free electrons flowing down a wire, or a bowling ball rolling down a hill...it is all energy exchange and all obeys the second law of thermodynamics. You miss the boat with your terribly flawed belief that radiation has some special exemption from obeying the second law of thermodynamics.

Doesn't matter whether you are talking about conduction, radiation, free electrons flowing down a wire, or a bowling ball rolling down a hill...it is all energy exchange and all obeys the second law of thermodynamics.

None of which helps your "Photons can only go from warmer matter to cooler matter" claim.

It seems like you ran away from my discussion of heating my home in winter.
Why are you afraid?

This derivation shows what ChesBayJJ, Tod, etc, myself, and 372 thousand scientists agree with.

You see the expression after the second equals sign...that expression speaks the SB law...the rest is just the math necessary to derive the SB law...you can write net all you like, but the expression that is the SB law does not calculate net. Once more, your math skills are laughable. You can't read an equation, and you don't seem to grasp that the final form of the equation is the working equation regardless of the calculations required to reach that final expression... Just more mental masturbation on your part...

ehs
[

And this

Stefan-Boltzmann Law

From my link:

stef3.png
Really...Which expression within that equation allows you to calculate net? I see T-Tc...that expression describes a gross change, not a net change.

Wuwei just gave it to you but I see you are in denial

ehs

And this

Stefan-Boltzmann Law

From my link:

stef3.png

Wuwei just gave it to you but I see you are in denial

The expression after the second equals sign is the SB equation one uses for objects not in a vacuum and in the presence of other matter...it is the same as the equation I gave you...it is the mathematical expression of the SB law...so again, which expression within that formula are you using to calculate net?

You see the expression after the second equals sign...that expression speaks the SB law...the rest is just the math necessary to derive the SB law...you can write net all you like, but the expression that is the SB law does not calculate net. Once more, your math skills are laughable. You can't read an equation, and you don't seem to grasp that the final form of the equation is the working equation regardless of the calculations required to reach that final expression... Just more mental masturbation on your part...

.the rest is just the math necessary to derive the SB law.
Yes. The first two expressions are the input and output EM energies.

.you can write net all you like, but the expression that is the SB law does not calculate net.

The third expression is a subtraction of output minus input (emission minus absorption). That is the definition of net. How can you say that the final expression is not net?

.the rest is just the math necessary to derive the SB law.
Yes. The first two expressions are the input and output EM energies.

.you can write net all you like, but the expression that is the SB law does not calculate net.

The third expression is a subtraction of output minus input (emission minus absorption). That is the definition of net. How can you say that the final expression is not net?

Sorry guy....when you use the SB law to calculate P, you use the equation after the last equals sign...nothing else. That is the mathematical expression of the SB law....there is no expression there to express energy the radiator is receiving from the back ground because it is receiving no energy from the background...refer to the second law...not possible for energy to flow spontaneously from a cool object to a warm object. There is no net energy flow.

Sorry guy....when you use the SB law to calculate P, you use the equation after the last equals sign...nothing else. That is the mathematical expression of the SB law....there is no expression there to express energy the radiator is receiving from the back ground because it is receiving no energy from the background...refer to the second law...not possible for energy to flow spontaneously from a cool object to a warm object. There is no net energy flow.

You point out the first two expressions being used to for the final form. The second expression is
Absorption: Rₐ =ε σ T₂⁴
Now you are saying absorption of energy from the colder body is zero. That doesn't make any sense.

The expression after the second equals sign is the SB equation one uses for objects not in a vacuum and in the presence of other matter...it is the same as the equation I gave you...it is the mathematical expression of the SB law...so again, which expression within that formula are you using to calculate net?
The first two expressions of emission and absorption are subtracted. I told you many times. A vacuum has nothing to do with thermal emission or absorption. A non-GHG between object and background would give the same results.

You point out the first two expressions being used to for the final form. The second expression is
Now you are saying absorption of energy from the colder body is zero. That doesn't make any sense.

Zero absorption of energy from the colder body is precisely what the second law predicts....it is not possible for energy to move spontaneously from a cooler body to a warmer body.

Thermal radiation is energy transfer by the emission of electromagnetic waves which carry energy away from the emitting object. For ordinary temperatures (less than red hot"), the radiation is in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. The relationship governing the net radiation from hot objects is called the Stefan-Boltzmann law:

stef3.gif
Calculation
hrad2.png

While the typical situation envisioned here is the radiation from a hot object to its cooler surroundings, the Stefan-Boltzmann law is not limited to that case. If the surroundings are at a higher temperature (TC > T) then you will obtain a negative answer, implying net radiative transfer to the object.

Please note": P = NET RADIATED POWER

Stefan-Boltzmann Law

Zero absorption of energy from the colder body is precisely what the second law predicts....it is not possible for energy to move spontaneously from a cooler body to a warmer body.

This seems to support your argument

But please note the bold

Second Law: Refrigerator
Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object. This precludes a perfect refrigerator. The statements about refrigerators apply to air conditioners and heat pumps, which embody the same principles.

This is the "second form" or Clausius statement of the second law.

ref2.gif

It is important to note that when it is stated that energy will not spontaneously flow from a cold object to a hot object, that statement is referring to net transfer of energy. Energy can transfer from the cold object to the hot object either by transfer of energetic particles or electromagnetic radiation, but the net transfer will be from the hot object to the cold object in any spontaneous process. Work is required to transfer net energy to the hot object.

Second Law of Thermodynamics

The Second Law does not say the colder body is unable to give off energy. We always have to go back to NET effects

Forum List

Back