The heart of the liberal movement: "STOP thanking the military - they don't do shit "

So you are admitting, the job of the military is to obey the president, not to protect our freedoms?

The job of the military is to obey the orders of the officers appointed over them including the Commander in Chief...the President.

Not Exactly:
The Military oath says:
The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

See the stipulation in the oath? It requires the obedience of LAWFUL orders. An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed, but obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders -- if the order was illegal.

This is the enlisted oath, the commissioning oath is different.

Commissioned Officer Oath Of Office

Been drinking the Kool Aid again I see!
Korea was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?
Vietnam was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?
Libya was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?
Kuwait was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?
Iraq was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?
Afghanistan was a threat to the Freedoms in the United States? How is that?

Preventing the spread of communism was most definitely "for our freedom" How 70's, Really are you still buying into that propaganda? Ok Dog, Answer me this: if we were preventing the spread of communism why didn't we do anything with Cuba a mere 90 miles away?

First of all - we did. Apparently you need to Google "Bay of Pigs"

Second - the Soviet Union parked nuclear warheads there. With the Soviet super-power backing Cuba, it made it a little difficult to "do anything"

Third - the fact that Cuba fell and we didn't prevent it was the wake up call for America.

Now why don't you give us one of those Hollywood liberal theories about how we invaded Iraq for oil (even though we don't have any oil)? :lmao:

Really, Let me get this straight......
You are calling the Bay of Pigs an American attack on Cuba
Now that is a good one..... Amazingly Alpha 66 is no where to be found in the US Military.

Oil in Iraq? Who knew..... I though you said we were fighting the crazy Communist there?

So where is all of the oil chief? Why am I paying $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon if we went into Iraq "for oil". Seriously, you have to stop using Hollywood as your source of information.

Second - the Soviet Union parked nuclear warheads there. With the Soviet super-power backing Cuba, it made it a little difficult to "do anything"

Third - the fact that Cuba fell and we didn't prevent it was the wake up call for America.

Now why don't you give us one of those Hollywood liberal theories about how we invaded Iraq for oil (even though we don't have any oil)? :lmao:

Now that is a good one..... Amazingly Alpha 66 is no where to be found in the US Military.

Oil in Iraq? Who knew..... I though you said we were fighting the crazy Communist there?

So where is all of the oil chief? Why am I paying $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon if we went into Iraq "for oil". Seriously, you have to stop using Hollywood as your source of information.

You don't remember Wolfowitz saying:

"There’s a lot of money to pay for this ... the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.”

The job of the military is to obey the orders of the officers appointed over them including the Commander in Chief...the President.

Not Exactly:
The Military oath says:
The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

See the stipulation in the oath? It requires the obedience of LAWFUL orders. An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed, but obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders -- if the order was illegal.

Yes...that is primary. Thank you. But, having said that, if you want to not obey an order because you perceive it to be illegal...you'd better be right....or life will get really ugly for you.

It hasn't affected the CINC yet.....immigration, IRS, NSA, Benghazi, ACA......weasely lump of shit.

Last edited:

"There’s a lot of money to pay for this ... the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.”

Right - he's talking about Iraq. Not the U.S. Iraq. Iraq can finance it's own reconstruction.

Right - he's talking about Iraq. Not the U.S. Iraq. Iraq can finance it's own reconstruction.

Iraq didn't. We financed it. The Bush admin told us it would only cost us about 50 Billion dollars, remember?

Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil

If not for their oil, we wouldn't be there. Israel would be hung out to dry if not for sweet sweet crude.

"Oil remains fundamentally a government business. While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East with two thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies, even though companies are anxious for greater access there, progress continues to be slow." (at the London Institute of Petroleum) Dick Cheney

This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

The lefts favorite website? Lol
I haven't read the Salon, well since the first time I read it.
Hack much?

If you want to know how a liberal thinks...obviously ask a conservative and they'll tell you.

In no other human undertaking does this backwards methodology gain traction. If you wanted to know what the best donut was, would you ask your butcher? If you wanted to know the perils of being an astronaut, would you ask an archeologist? But somehow in politics, the right wing has established themselves as experts on what liberals think, the "left wing media" that they never watch, etc...

It's comical at best.

This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

Hack much?

If you want to know how a liberal thinks...obviously ask a conservative and they'll tell you.

In no other human undertaking does this backwards methodology gain traction. If you wanted to know what the best donut was, would you ask your butcher? If you wanted to know the perils of being an astronaut, would you ask an archeologist? But somehow in politics, the right wing has established themselves as experts on what liberals think, the "left wing media" that they never watch, etc...

It's comical at best.
True...and one of my favorite things about the RW, here in particular, is how they keep setting up Left Wing straw men to argue against. For example...the concept of "the messiah". :lol:

Show me where I said we went to Iraq for their Oil?
I know you will tell me it was not because of their oil but because of their WMD's. Which is even more of a fairy tale.

For God's sake. No reason to copy all the posts. But it's obvious almost none of you have a clue about WWII. So quit talking about it.

Iraq didn't. We financed it. The Bush admin told us it would only cost us about 50 Billion dollars, remember?

Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil

If not for their oil, we wouldn't be there. Israel would be hung out to dry if not for sweet sweet crude.

"Oil remains fundamentally a government business. While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East with two thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies, even though companies are anxious for greater access there, progress continues to be slow." (at the London Institute of Petroleum) Dick Cheney

You should really look at your own link before you post it..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz/

Just like you SW - uninformed opinion! Me? I prefer to deal in FACTS. So lets start with this fact:

Where is all of the oil we stole from Iraq? Let me guess - Dick Cheney buried it in his backyard? :lmao:

Hack much?

It's comical at best.

Exactly how unhinged have you become [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION]? You're now saying that Salon.com is "conservative"?!? Because what the liberals think comes from Salon.com (just ask SeaWytch, she posts links to that site damn near every day) - and this was what a liberal from Salon.com thinks.

Would you like to try again sweetie? :lol:

I know you will tell me it was not because of their oil but because of their WMD's. Which is even more of a fairy tale.

See the red bolded part above. You can't even remember what you said in your last post? :cuckoo:

See the red bolded part above. You can't even remember what you said in your last post? :cuckoo:

Again show me where I said we invaded Iraq for their Oil?
Do you have any concept of the word sarcasm?
Moving on, Since you want to bring up that post, tell me about the communist we fought in Iraq? Did we find any or are they as elusive as the Iraqi WMD's?

Last edited:
Yeah they don't do crap right. Government response time to New Orleans 2 weeks. Military response time to The Philippines five days. Level of irony...priceless.

Government response to New Jersey and New York after Sandy? One year and counting....

Obama paid attention to the destruction from Hurricane Sandy long enough to get re-elected.

And you don't think this was happening BEFORE he was elected?

Spin much?

In a local townhall meeting here about six years ago a Viet Nam vet stood up and asked our congressman, Rush Holt, to please help him retrieve whatever veteran's benefits he could get since Bush passed a law in 2003 forbidding access to benefits for any vet who was making over $30K and had NEVER APPLIED FOR BENEFITS before. The guy had been diagnosed with stage-4 cancer and the V.A. had turned him away.

Now put that in your bong and smoke it.

Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance

Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance - ABC News

Woolhandler noted that the Veterans Administration health-care system is not open to all veterans. Many uninsured veterans can't get any VA care because the Bush Administration stopped enrollment of most middle-income veterans in 2003, she said.

"Any veteran with a service-connected disability can get access to the VA," Woolhandler said. "That's a minority of veterans. For everybody else, VA care is means-tested -- veterans earning more than $30,000 a year will not be eligible for VA care."

And you don't think this was happening BEFORE he was elected?

Spin much?

In a local townhall meeting here about six years ago a Viet Nam vet stood up and asked our congressman, Rush Holt, to please help him retrieve whatever veteran's benefits he could get since Bush passed a law in 2003 forbidding access to benefits for any vet who was making over $30K and had NEVER APPLIED FOR BENEFITS before. The guy had been diagnosed with stage-4 cancer and the V.A. had turned him away.

Now put that in your bong and smoke it.

Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance[/SIZE]
Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance - ABC News

Woolhandler noted that the Veterans Administration health-care system is not open to all veterans. Many uninsured veterans can't get any VA care because the Bush Administration stopped enrollment of most middle-income veterans in 2003, she said.

"Any veteran with a service-connected disability can get access to the VA," Woolhandler said. "That's a minority of veterans. For everybody else, VA care is means-tested -- veterans earning more than $30,000 a year will not be eligible for VA care."

It's "spin" to post an accurate article about a current situation? Seriously folks, only an idiot Dumbocrat like [MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION].

Do you know what is spin though NoTeaPartyPleez? The fact that you post an article about vets not having health insurance and claim it's "proof" that an article about current military personnel (ie not vets) requiring charity to survive has been going on.

Epic fail NoTeaPartyPleez. Spin much? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back