The Heat

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
its pretty brutal here, great pool weather but man.....over 100 IN THE SHADE...got a shot of my Galilean thermometer in the backyard, 530 pm, in the shade for over an hour. The bubble (red) at the top of the stack is the 100 deg. marker.....

Attachments

• $heat.JPG
    $heat.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 81
Stay in the shade. Today we will be close to 105 again. It's hot every where in the West, it seems.

I served in the interior of Alaska for four years at Ft Wainwright and I learned that freezing is cold. Everything below 32 is freezing, and it's cold.

I have been in 105 in dry heat and in the humidity. They are both hot! Living in the South taught me to accept humidity as the price of life living there. Drink more water, exercise less in the sun, stay in the shade as much as possible, and wear a hat.

It is suppose to get up to 100 here by tomorrow, 104 by tomorrow. I will be in the pool for the next three days.

its pretty brutal here, great pool weather but man.....over 100 IN THE SHADE...got a shot of my Galilean thermometer in the backyard, 530 pm, in the shade for over an hour. The bubble (red) at the top of the stack is the 100 deg. marker.....

It may be hot, but that is one cool thermometer.

Quit whining ! It's a dry heat.
^^^^Which means perspiration evaporates immediately and you don't realize how hot you are. Stay wet and drink more water. If you have to be outside, wear long sleeve shirts, long pants and a hat. If the hat doesn't shade your neck, put on something that will. Soaking your clothes now and then with a sprinkler or something similar will also cool you off...might even make you horny.

Advantage: San Francisco

It was unseasonably warm last week - it might have even broken 80 degrees!

Here in Oaklandtown, it got up to 92 yesterday (at least in my backyard). It's a tad cooler today, but still warm. I can see a slip of fog over Marin, but not the usual fog monster that would roll across the bay after a few warm days.

Here in Oaklandtown, it got up to 92 yesterday (at least in my backyard). It's a tad cooler today, but still warm. I can see a slip of fog over Marin, but not the usual fog monster that would roll across the bay after a few warm days.

I'm enjoying the momentary ability to see the sky from my house, the lack of fog today is rather nice.

I live out in the avenues, it can't be warmer than 65 degrees today.

I'm enjoying the momentary ability to see the sky from my house, the lack of fog today is rather nice.

I live out in the avenues, it can't be warmer than 65 degrees today.

I'm in Rockridge. We usually have some morning fog - clear afternoons - and then fog in the evening...with the occassional totally clear days.

76 here right now - but we need some fog to scrub the air.

57 degrees where I am, Anchorage, Alaska. We've had a couple of weeks of very nice weather, well up into the 80s some days, so this feels kind of cool.

My dogs like it though, they're much more active when it's cooler.

I think I would die if it was 100 degrees. I'm just not accustomed to that! Plus, most homes don't have air conditioning here. And the air conditioner in my car doesn't work!

I thought this was going to be a thread about the movie.:lol: I saw it yesterday...funny shit.:D

Forum List

Back