The horrifying experience in a Target bathroom that I won't soon forget

I just read that Starbucks and Barnes & Nobel are following in Target's footsteps. I guess there will be more of these 'frightened' women's 'peeping' on other chicks in the bathrooms now...

So much amusement going on up in my head right now, JS

The Starbucks I've been to have completly private bathrooms.

You didn't read it did you?

I love how stupid nutbags are....and how they love to put it on display.

I read it dumbshit or I wouldn't have posted it.
The point I'm making is the questions this issue will bring up, and while the woman in the stall didn't care, the other woman obviously does and is concerned that from now on she feels obligated to look around and check who else is in the rest room with her.
What once was a comfortable situation, is now not for some people.
Why doesn't her feelings count ?
Why are you guys only concerned about making a couple percent of the population comfortable, and not concerned about a much higher percentage that are not ?

Oh that's right, the woman is a bigot, hater, Hitler, yada yada.

The peeping woman isn't necessarily a bigot or a hater. But she is an idiot and she did do a very creepy thing. She was the only creepy person in that restroom.

Are you peeping in the stalls to make sure that the person inside is legit? Are you a creep?

No, but you see that's the whole point. Target has created a situation where some people may now feel compelled to do such a thing because they now feel more vulnerable and exposed.

Vulnerable my ass. The person being peeped on.....even if she were transgendered....is the person who felt vulnerable and exposed. The peeper was being AGGRESSIVE and intrusive. She was not vulnerable. Man....nutbags sure can see things in funny ways.

And because this woman was uncomfortable about this policy, she in turn intruded on someone else.
Perhaps if she entered the rest room confident the stores policies were such that protected her privacy, she wouldn't have acted in this paranoid fashion.

If she was that paranoid, she should have waited till she got home, or went behind a tree out back.

The point I'm making is the questions this issue will bring up, and while the woman in the stall didn't care, the other woman obviously does and is concerned that from now on she feels obligated to look around and check who else is in the rest room with her.
Why are you guys only concerned about making a couple percent of the population comfortable, and not concerned about a much higher percentage that are not ?

The peeping woman isn't necessarily a bigot or a hater. But she is an idiot and she did do a very creepy thing. She was the only creepy person in that restroom.

Are you peeping in the stalls to make sure that the person inside is legit? Are you a creep?

No, but you see that's the whole point. Target has created a situation where some people may now feel compelled to do such a thing because they now feel more vulnerable and exposed.

Vulnerable my ass. The person being peeped on.....even if she were transgendered....is the person who felt vulnerable and exposed. The peeper was being AGGRESSIVE and intrusive. She was not vulnerable. Man....nutbags sure can see things in funny ways.

And because this woman was uncomfortable about this policy, she in turn intruded on someone else.
Perhaps if she entered the rest room confident the stores policies were such that protected her privacy, she wouldn't have acted in this paranoid fashion.

If she was that paranoid, she should have waited till she got home, or went behind a tree out back.

Or looked for a sign that said Women..........

And think the store really meant it

So you mean, if they change all their signage to "trans friendly" signage (don't ask me I have no idea what that looks like) then you're okay, right?

That's what Starbucks, Saks, and Barnes & Noble said they were doing right now! \o/

This woman's concerns are completely legitimate. And since the author helped create the situation with her support of allowing men in women's restrooms, I don't feel sorry for her at all.

If they're all transgender signed though then women should have no expectation that there /won't/ be men in there and thus they can make a personal decision if they want to risk it or wait until they get home/find a single use bathroom.

I don't honestly care what you idiots on either side do, I will /still/ not use public bathrooms, but gd figure it out soon. This being such an "important" issue is an absolute embarrassment to the nation. Figure it the hell out and be done with it.

Surprise, who would have ever saw this kind of scenario coming ?

This woman is obviously a bigot, and she should be shunned for expressing herself in this fashion.

Using a Target bathroom got really uncomfortable really fast

I went to Target with my daughter last week, and since it was right after dinner and I'd had three iced teas with my Mexican food, I made a pit stop to the restroom first thing while she went on ahead to check out the swimsuits.

I was alone in the restroom. There were two large handicap-access stalls, complete with baby-changing tables, and two regular stalls. I headed all the way down to the farthest single stall, up against the wall, and I sat down to take care of business.

That's when stuff got weird.

The outer door opened, and someone came in. She walked past the three open stalls and stood directly in front of my door. Then she leaned over and placed her eye firmly up against the gap between the door and the frame and stared in at me.

I am not making this up. And let me tell you, it was awkward. Bizarre, even. This wasn't a case of someone hoping all those occupied stalls aren't really occupied. Mine was the only stall that was occupied. She deliberately stopped and stared in at me. My startled eyes met hers, and she moved away, into one of the larger stalls.

I got out of my stall as quickly as I could, and as I stood washing my hands, her voice called out.

"Sorry about that," she said. "But you know, Target lets men and homosexuals use just any bathroom now. I was making sure you were a woman."

I didn't say a word, because I really didn't know how to answer that.

MORE: The horrifying experience in a Target bathroom that I won't soon forget
Exactly what we said would happen...the RW becoming Peeping Toms and Potty Police. Very creepy.

You didn't read it did you?

I love how stupid nutbags are....and how they love to put it on display.

Yeah. Just think of the fiction that can be produced with the issue..

So you mean, if they change all their signage to "trans friendly" signage (don't ask me I have no idea what that looks like) then you're okay, right?

That's what Starbucks, Saks, and Barnes & Noble said they were doing right now! \o/

No need, if you allow one male in a woman's restroom, the business must allow all males in.

That is unless the business can show how the trans male is more "simalarily situated" to a female then they are to all other males. (Which is a fun little exersise).

So if any of the above exclude anyone from any bathroom they are violating those individuals civil rights based on an arbitrary reason.

Fun HUH?

If they're all transgender signed though then women should have no expectation that there /won't/ be men in there and thus they can make a personal decision if they want to risk it or wait until they get home/find a single use bathroom.

I don't honestly care what you idiots on either side do, I will /still/ not use public bathrooms, but gd figure it out soon. This being such an "important" issue is an absolute embarrassment to the nation. Figure it the hell out and be done with it.

So you would deny this woman use of a restroom because she feels uncomfortable using it with a Man, but it's discrimination to deny the trans male use of a restroom because he feels discomfort?

Hypocricy much?

Surprise, who would have ever saw this kind of scenario coming ?

This woman is obviously a bigot, and she should be shunned for expressing herself in this fashion.

Using a Target bathroom got really uncomfortable really fast

I went to Target with my daughter last week, and since it was right after dinner and I'd had three iced teas with my Mexican food, I made a pit stop to the restroom first thing while she went on ahead to check out the swimsuits.

I was alone in the restroom. There were two large handicap-access stalls, complete with baby-changing tables, and two regular stalls. I headed all the way down to the farthest single stall, up against the wall, and I sat down to take care of business.

That's when stuff got weird.

The outer door opened, and someone came in. She walked past the three open stalls and stood directly in front of my door. Then she leaned over and placed her eye firmly up against the gap between the door and the frame and stared in at me.

I am not making this up. And let me tell you, it was awkward. Bizarre, even. This wasn't a case of someone hoping all those occupied stalls aren't really occupied. Mine was the only stall that was occupied. She deliberately stopped and stared in at me. My startled eyes met hers, and she moved away, into one of the larger stalls.

I got out of my stall as quickly as I could, and as I stood washing my hands, her voice called out.

"Sorry about that," she said. "But you know, Target lets men and homosexuals use just any bathroom now. I was making sure you were a woman."

I didn't say a word, because I really didn't know how to answer that.

MORE: The horrifying experience in a Target bathroom that I won't soon forget
Political correctness = the shit show

So you would deny this woman use of a restroom because she feels uncomfortable using it with a Man, but it's discrimination to deny the trans male use of a restroom based on his comfort?

Hypocricy much?

"Deny"? Like it's a fucking vacation? Christ man, go into a public bathroom and tell me how much you just 'love' it in there... Get a grip, seriously. A public bathroom is not a god damn fine dining establishment with roses and fucking wine. It's a shit room, it's literally the lowest possible slot in the hierarchy of "rooms" in the damn country, further down than a dumpster... Why the hell does /anyone/ give a bloody fuck who is shitting the stall next to them? It's pathetically hilarious how off the deep end folks are over this. The whole country is going to hell over a bathroom... We're doomed.

Look, if the bathroom sign says <transgender facility sign> then well that's just too damn bad ain't it. A lot of places don't even have a public bathroom in them (employees only - and that is mostly because people are just disgusting about using public bathrooms btw,) Shall we start a national outcry over the tragedy of random folks who need to pee when they happen to be those places? OR do we do what we already do and go ahhh sorry employees only and they have to find somewhere else to piss? Same shit with a "transgender" bathroom, you don't want to use it? Feel free to go the hell somewhere else.

So you would deny this woman use of a restroom because she feels uncomfortable using it with a Man, but it's discrimination to deny the trans male use of a restroom based on his comfort?

Hypocricy much?

"Deny"? Like it's a fucking vacation? Christ man, go into a public bathroom and tell me how much you just 'love' it in there... Get a grip, seriously. A public bathroom is not a god damn fine dining establishment with roses and fucking wine. It's a shit room, it's literally the lowest possible slot in the hierarchy of "rooms" in the damn country, further down than a dumpster... Why the hell does /anyone/ give a bloody fuck who is shitting the stall next to them? It's pathetically hilarious how off the deep end folks are over this. The whole country is going to hell over a bathroom... We're doomed.

Look, if the bathroom sign says <transgender facility sign> then well that's just too damn bad ain't it. A lot of places don't even have a public bathroom in them (employees only - and that is mostly because people are just disgusting about using public bathrooms btw,) Shall we start a national outcry over the tragedy of random folks who need to pee when they happen to be those places? OR do we do what we already do and go ahhh sorry employees only and they have to find somewhere else to piss? Same shit with a "transgender" bathroom, you don't want to use it? Feel free to go the hell somewhere else.

I post the legal issues that are problematic, and you respond with lengthy emotional crap?

How cute, and nearly your entire diatribe equates equally to the tranny then it does the woman.

That is what the funniest part of your post.

Bigot much? No Bigot big time!

You can't make this hypocricy shit up if you tried!

LOL what discrimination? Clearly you don't get it. I honestly don't give two craps if a guys in the transgender bathroom, see that's the beauty of /transgender/ bathrooms.

AND if your little missus doesn't like that idea, well then she's free to find another public bathroom facility made available by businesses. See a "public" bathroom isn't a right son, it's a "perk" provided by the company - and thus if a company wishes to dispense with gender segregation, or allow transgenders to go to the potties they identify as, well then by golly, that's their choice.

There is no discrimination here, there is only your stubborn, idiotic, desire to not only shit in someone elses bathroom, but also /demand/ that it conform to your personal tastes and belief system...

LOL what discrimination? Clearly you don't get it. I honestly don't give two craps if a guys in the transgender bathroom, see that's the beauty of /transgender/ bathrooms.

AND if your little missus doesn't like that idea, well then she's free to find another public bathroom facility made available by businesses. See a "public" bathroom isn't a right son, it's a "perk" provided by the company - and thus if a company wishes to dispense with gender segregation, or allow transgenders to go to the potties they identify as, well then by golly, that's their choice.

There is no discrimination here, there is only your stubborn, idiotic, desire to not only shit in someone elses bathroom, but also /demand/ that it conform to your personal tastes and belief system...

Saying there is none and demonstrating how there is none are two vastly different things.

So you feel that having white only bathrooms is ok, even though they are simalarily situated to Blacks.

Redneck much? Bigot

Forum List

Back