The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

Really,
RTW states do have slightly lower average wages than non– RTW states, but they are located primarily in the South, which is less developed than the North and still has a lower cost of living.

Research controlling for this shows RTW states have, if anything, slightly higher wages
and little impact on wages (Robert Reed, “How Right-To-Work Laws Affect Wages,”)

Besides,
They save on dues

Last edited:
Really,
RTW states do have slightly lower average wages than non– RTW states, but they are located primarily in the South, which is less developed than the North and still has a lower cost of living.

Research controlling for this shows rRTW states have, if anything, slightly higher wages

Besides,
They save on dues

I've been to the south... frankly, it hasn't improved much since "Deliverence" was made.

Something to be learned here, if a company's earnings fail to exceed depreciation expense and pension liabilities it will go bankrupt. The union was well aware that the company was stretched to the limit and didn't give a fuck about their workers. As for the union workers, I guess it's a fact, shoot oneself in the foot and it will hurt, but no fear the government will take care of you.

Giving their CEO a 300% pay increase while they were in trouble certainly helped the situation, didn't it?

Only in America can a guy running a failing company get rewarded for destroying the company.
It's possible only as a consequence of de-regulation.

Perhaps
but you are still wrong

Not really. If the south wants to be a speed bump while big corporations race to the bottom, that's really kind of theirproblem.

Because if Cleetus and Goober working for $10.00 is good, then Pedro and Juan working for $1.00 is better, and hey, we can alway go down to Wang and Chung working for .10.

If you are referring to the hedge funds that put the company some 500 million in debt while paying themselves 7 figure salaries, you'd be right on the money.

Probably you think it's the guy actually baking the cupcakes actually expecting a working wage, though. Those bastards.

This, folks, is exactly why the republicans are losing elections.

If you are referring to the hedge funds that put the company some 500 million in debt while paying themselves 7 figure salaries, you'd be right on the money.

Probably you think it's the guy actually baking the cupcakes actually expecting a working wage, though. Those bastards.

and 18 thousand Americans lost their jobs.. good job unions of the world.

Of course, JoeB owns Hostess stock certificates....right....Joe?

I wouldn't invest in that crap.

Let's review, shall we.

Hostess declares bankruptcy in 2004. They get a bunch of concessions from the unions, but still end up closing a bunch of plants. They lose market share.

Now a SMART company would invest in new equipment, new products, etc.

Hostess didn't do that. It sold out to a hedge fund that demanded greater revenues to pay off their loan.

And when they came back and asked the unions, "Hey, make more concessions because we messed it uplast time you bailed us out,", they said no.

I wouldn't invest in that crap.

Let's review, shall we.

Hostess declares bankruptcy in 2004. They get a bunch of concessions from the unions, but still end up closing a bunch of plants. They lose market share.

Now a SMART company would invest in new equipment, new products, etc.

Hostess didn't do that. It sold out to a hedge fund that demanded greater revenues to pay off their loan.

And when they came back and asked the unions, "Hey, make more concessions because we messed it uplast time you bailed us out,", they said no.

So you do not own any Hostess stock. You don't work there, No skin in the game.

JoeBarfly.

The company cited increased wages, pensions, and cost of medical care for it's employees as the reason for going belly up. This is pure right winged propoganda I tell ya!! Everyone knows that Obamacare is affordable and good for the nation. In addition, the CEO's are greedy and only are in it for the money, not their exploited employees who are in it for the love of twinkie.

If I were Obama, I would buy the company up and save those 18,000 jobs. It's the American way and the right thing to do for the workers of America.

Workers unite!!!
If I were Obama, I would buy the company up and save those 18,000 jobs.

Obama has to work with a Congress he has already said he will not make any bargains with on other matters.

His idea of getting things done is barking excessively expensive orders and continue overspending.

So you do not own any Hostess stock. You don't work there, No skin in the game.

JoeBarfly.

Other than being a working guy who doesn't like seeing other working guys get screwed by rich douchebags, nope.

Oh, Plutocracy lot on Nov. 6. Learn to deal.

18,000 unemployed Americans damn good job unions all hail to the unions. :lol::lol:

The company was in serious trouble before the union chose to strike.

Why do you ignore every bad decision made by management up to that point?

Oh, so you don't really have an intelligent answer to that one. Okay. We get it.

Forum List

Back