The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

Collecting unemployment is a far larger pay cut.

Leftist SUCK at math.

The math isn't that hard, twinkie. The CEO didn't try to update the company, or introduce new product, and tripled his salary. He tripled his salary, and told the people putting the rubber on the road to take an 8% salary cut.

You're a fucking idiot.
And some of the workers decided to give themselves a 100% pay cut, and the other workers who wanted to keep working a pay cut. At least those who didn't vote to strike will collect unemployment.

And the CEO, who decided to give himself a 300% pay increase, while asking his workers to cut their pay by 8%, is also out of work. I guess you have no pride or honor, twinkie.

And now the union has a 100% pay cut.

Striking workers cannot collect unemployment.

Now, retard, which is worse: An 8% pay cut, or a 100% pay cut?

What's the CEO's salary, twinkie?
Nothing, now. Just like the strikers.

To be fair, there is a lot of work involved in shutting down
a company that a union has ruined. Besides, even if they worked for no salary,
it would still not be enough to save the company. No doubt this is another false notion
of the Left, like taxes on the rich will solve our debt problem when we have a spending problem.
The left is so bad with math

As for sales, the research group Mintel noted that in 2011 their sales of Twinkies slipped 0.8 percent, Ding Dongs fell 8.7 percent and Ho Ho's tumbled 6.3 percent.

Of course their competitors with better prices, such as the non-unionized McKee Foods (Little Debbie) did pick up their sales by 1.8 percent in the same period.

The high unemployment under Papa Obama combined with the left's regulatory policies that shrink real growth in the economy and lower purchasing power of money,
forced people to pick the more price competitive products.

No doubt, the union workers that will lose their jobs, can still be happy that they voted
for Papa Obama and the Union President will still keep his job.
So sad, if only Papa Obama could have got more food stamps out there in time
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Um actually they can, especially in cases like this.
Immaterial, really. Unemployment benefits will be far less than the 8% cut.

How much of a pay cut did he CEO and Hostess management take?

My guess is that they got a much more generous separation package than the workers did
Tissue?

The unalterable fact remains: The unions were told the company would close if they struck.

Most unions took the offer. One union chose to strike, knowing it would cost them and everyone else their jobs.

But, hey -- they stuck it to The Man. :eusa_boohoo:

Collecting unemployment is a far larger pay cut.

Leftist SUCK at math.

The math isn't that hard, twinkie. The CEO didn't try to update the company, or introduce new product, and tripled his salary. He tripled his salary, and told the people putting the rubber on the road to take an 8% salary cut.

You're a fucking idiot.

I think we need to re-emphasize the highlighted part. Hostess is selling the same unhealthy shit they sold when I was a kid back in the 1970's. Except that attitudes have changed towards marketting that kind of stuff, especially to children. But Hostess kept going on like nothing had changed, and the folks in the hedge funds just saw, "How do we loot this dying giant for the last dime."

True....

While Hostess could have kept it's flagship Twinkie, they should have rebranded itself as a seller of healthy snacks that mothers and schools would have accepted

When I was a kid in the 60s, Wonder Bread was sold as a bread that concerned mothers would pay extra for. It became a symbol for Americas unhealthy diet. Wonder Bread should have kept up with the times

I blame management

You're a fucking idiot.
And some of the workers decided to give themselves a 100% pay cut, and the other workers who wanted to keep working a pay cut. At least those who didn't vote to strike will collect unemployment.

And the CEO, who decided to give himself a 300% pay increase, while asking his workers to cut their pay by 8%, is also out of work. I guess you have no pride or honor, twinkie.
Which is better: an 8% cut, or unemployment benefits?

Answer the question.

Me, I'd rather work than collect unemployment. My pride is responsible for that.

Immaterial, really. Unemployment benefits will be far less than the 8% cut.

My guess is that they got a much more generous separation package than the workers did
Tissue?

The unalterable fact remains: The unions were told the company would close if they struck.

Most unions took the offer. One union chose to strike, knowing it would cost them and everyone else their jobs.

The union workers already accepted a major pay cut in the previous bankruptcy. Management went right back into bankruptcy and asked for further cuts.

How low a salary is a worker supposed to accept to sustain a failing business?

minimum wage?

Tissue?

The union workers already accepted a major pay cut in the previous bankruptcy. Management went right back into bankruptcy and asked for further cuts.

minimum wage?

Depends. Does he want to keep working or not?

You're a fucking idiot.

OK, the lies need to stop: the guy who gave himself a huge pay increase is gone. His REPLACEMENT cut executive pay (and I think his own to $1).

Are you going through some sort of withdrawal, kid? You seem obsessed with Twinkies. I suggest professional help.

OK, the lies need to stop: the guy who gave himself a huge pay increase is gone. His REPLACEMENT cut executive pay (and I think his own to $1).

Are you going through some sort of withdrawal, kid? You seem obsessed with Twinkies. I suggest professional help.

Oh yes....the old....we have found Jesus

Pay no attention to our past management mistakes. We will do it right this time. we promise

Well to be fair
the press is reporting about medicine shortages and
he might be low on his neuroleptic drugs.

Tissue?

minimum wage?

Depends. Does he want to keep working or not?

There you go. No pride. Just beg.

Maybe we can start buying Twinkies from China.

Thanks for collapsing another great American institution, Union filth.
Although I hate seeing American jobs lost, for whatever reason, Twinkies are poisonous and should never be consumed by anybody.

Wanna' ruin yer health? Just keep eating all that Hostess garbage.

I'd still rather give my kids a Twinkie than pack them into a Smart car and take them for a drive. At least Twinkies would kill you slowly and only if you kept eating them.

A lot of things are bad for you, but if they are legal and keep people working, all the better. If people can't practice moderation, they are doomed anyway.

Considering the shelf life of a Twinkie, one could argue that it is a life preservative instead of a silent killer.

Formaldehyde for everyone...not just Nancy Pelosi!

Suck the ass you choose, twinkie.

Looking at reality is not sucking ass, buffoon.

Looking at reality is to understand that a scumbag vulture capitalist gives himself a 3X salary increase, while asking the people who actually put the rubber on the road to take an 8% salary cut.

Shucks...that's mild compared to what the average CEO has done to the working man in the recent past...and this happened before Bush reduced their tax rates twice...2001 and 2003.

050731_CEO_pay.jpg

mjinequality.jpg
84216861.jpg

Last edited:
That chart is highly misleading. It stops at 1999 (the top of the dotcom/telecom/Y2K bubble). It includes only the CEOs in the top 800 companies. The reality is that most CEOs work in small and medium businesses with far lower compensation than what your Pea Green Sunglasses allow you to perceive.

That chart is highly misleading. It stops at 1999 (the top of the dotcom/telecom/Y2K bubble). It includes only the CEOs in the top 800 companies. The reality is that most CEOs work in small and medium businesses with far lower compensation than what your Pea Green Sunglasses allow you to perceive.

He is another liberal "chart" tool who spams with the same crap over and over
and doesn't know what he is looking at....
This one comes from the European Tribune

Pushing class and race envy is all the left does

Last edited:
Indeed. People who spend so much energy being jealous of others who are better of than themselves wish to drag everyone down to the same level...of beggars.

Cuz they're easier to please...and control.

Oh yes....the old....we have found Jesus

Pay no attention to our past management mistakes. We will do it right this time. we promise
Funny -- that's what Democrats say whenever they suggest historically-failed ideas.

Indeed. People who spend so much energy being jealous of others who are better of than themselves wish to drag everyone down to the same level...of beggars.

Cuz they're easier to please...and control.

I hear you

Plus, their "theory" is flawed as their approach on taxes
In 2011 budget terms
Take every penny from families making over $250,000 a year
This is Papa Obama's and the Left definition of rich now

...and that pays for another 141 days of our government budget

The US has a spending problem not a taxing problem
Giving it more money is like giving a crack addict one more fix

Forum List

Back