The "I meant to do that" tour has begun

"Assad is effectively being rewarded for the use of chemical weapons," Shadi Hamid of the Brookings Doha Center wrote in the Atlantic magazine. "Now, he can get away with nearly anything - as long as he sticks to using good old conventional weapons."

International responses to the accord were also guarded. Western governments, wary of Assad and familiar with the years frustrated U.N. weapons inspectors spent in Saddam Hussein's Iraq, noted the huge technical difficulties in destroying one of the world's biggest chemical arsenals in the midst of civil war.

Assad government hails 'victory' in arms deal, troops attack

I may have been played, which is the point, as I thought Obama was serious about wanting to bomb. Obama may have played everyone, including his own "side".

Point is, Obama won. He's getting the chemical weapons out of Syria. Y'all are like the losing side after a football game saying "But you had fewer offensive yards!". Obama still came out ahead on the scoreboard, and winning is winning.

Of course, President Obama isn't a football guy, he's a basketball guy. Basketball is more about agility and reacting, and less about following a set play.

He's getting the chem weapons out of Syria? Really? How? Relying on Putin and Assad to do it?
Wow, you really are a tool.

If we had real journalism in this country this administration would be held to account.
We started to see a little of that the day after Obama gave his speech on Syria.

Now it's a major accomplishment for Obama???

"Assad is effectively being rewarded for the use of chemical weapons," Shadi Hamid of the Brookings Doha Center wrote in the Atlantic magazine. "Now, he can get away with nearly anything - as long as he sticks to using good old conventional weapons."

International responses to the accord were also guarded. Western governments, wary of Assad and familiar with the years frustrated U.N. weapons inspectors spent in Saddam Hussein's Iraq, noted the huge technical difficulties in destroying one of the world's biggest chemical arsenals in the midst of civil war.

If only we could save the whole world.

If only we could save the whole world.

We may have---it just takes awhile to get all spin and talking points in order.

This all came about because 44 threatened a limited military strike. Now the weapons will be inventoried within a week and the President retains the military option. How is SeanRush spinning this as a bad thing again? :eusa_eh:

Guess what Republicans?

We won......we got Syria to concede without firing a shot

All you have left is your typical....Obama didn't do that

Obama didn't built that!

Putin and Obama succeeded together

truth is stranger than fiction. The Cold War was very good for business. I know, I was in back then & they were talking about a 600 ship Navy w/ a straight face.

Obama threatens military action that he had no support for.
Then he puts that strike on hold after Kerry says the strike wasn't gonna be much of anything.
Obama says Kerry is talking out his ass and says the strike will be big but we aren't gonna do it anyway
because Kerry opened his yap and gave Syria a way out and Putin swooped in and at this point looks like the white Knight.

And Obama is the one who saved the day?....

Paaaaaa leeeeez

Last edited:
You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Obama wants to depose Assad. He wanted to strike to weaken the military and hand over the country to radical Islamists.

You need to get up to speed.

:eusa_angel:

Evidently not

Just a year and a half ago it was already planned out that America would need a minimum of 75,000 boots on the ground to guard the chemical weapons facilities.

Assad's overthrow has long been planned by the US.

You are continuing to arm and train these so called rebels aka paid terrorists to overthrow Assad.

Hell's bells, you really do need to get up to speed.

Oh and btw, you overthrow Assad you turn over the country to another group of radical Islamists including al Nusra who are AQ in Syria.

Evidently not

Obama threatens military action that he had no support for.
Then he puts that strike on hold after Kerry says the strike wasn't gonna be much of anything.
Obama says Kerry is talking out his ass and says the strike will be big but we aren't gonna do it anyway
because Kerry opened his yap and gave Syria a way out and Putin swooped in and at this point looks like the white Knight.

And Obama is the one who saved the day?....

Paaaaaa leeeeez

The threat of a strike was evidently large enough for Putin and Assad to arrange a treaty.

Looks like it worked

Maybe it's a good idea to wait and see if this Putin plan works before Obama takes his victory lap...

If Plan B doesn't work, nothing keeps us from going back to Plan A

I'm glad to get Syria off the table for the time being so that we can get back to trying to deal with bad governance at home.

Obama and Putin stare off, and Putin blinks. He now agrees to have Syria's chemical weapons removed. Since many American conservatives worship Putin (they adore his authoritarian aura), this has them kind of upset. Try to go easy on them for a while.

So, was Obama playing everyone from the start, or just taking advantage of things as they unfolded? I'm afraid we won't know that for many years.

I do, of course, give Bush part of the credit. He got the world believing that every American president was crazy enough to bomb anyone they felt like.

I thought Mr Clinton put that fear into the world with this list of nations he bombed.
Somalia
Yugoslavia
Bosnia
Haiti
Croatia
Zaire
Liberia
Albania
Sudan
Afghanistan
Iraq
Yugoslavia
Yemen

Tell me, mamooth, who bombed more countries, President Clinton or both Presidents Bush (combined)?

Forum List

Back