THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE ~ Best promo stunt ever for ALS. All can play!!!

Ice Bucket Challenge - The ALS Association

There is a Tom Cruise bonus at the end of this one!

Last edited:
Dubya's was pretty funny. My entire office did it last week and challenged another company to it.

There are some pretty funny videos out there if you look them up. David Spade gave $100,000 and a rapper said he would donate $100,000 more if Floyd Mayweather could read a single page out of any Harry Potter book.

It's strange but hey it brings in money! :dunno:

Here is how CBS reported the Ice Bucket Challenge on their evening news!

The best celebrity ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos - CBS News

cbs-evening-news-with-scott-pelley.jpg

The Ice Bucket Challenge has been called by Advertising Age Magazine, the biggest promotion ever. Not just for charity, but FOR EVERYTHING. Marketing Departments across the nation are trying to understand how this is happening. We are still the Americans and can create humor no matter how upsetting the world situation is. It is the American sense of humor that keeps us going.

153_6.jpg

Um, ok.

Facts You Should Know - The ALS Association

Facts You Should Know:

* ALS is not contagious.

* It is estimated that ALS is responsible for nearly two deaths per hundred thousand population annually.

* Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS each year. The incidence of ALS is two per 100,000 people, and it is estimated that as many as 30,000 Americans may have the disease at any given time.

Wow, 30,000 something must be done! Let's get right on this! Priority 1 scramble scramble!

"There are currently around 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States of America (USA), with 16 percent unaware of their infection."
HIV AIDS in USA AVERT

"In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the US. Cancer remains the second most common cause of death in the US, accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths."
Cancer Facts Figures 2014

Maybe we have other more pressing priorities? Let's put some tires on the car before we worry about refilling the windshield wiper fluid ya know.

I got challenged, I refused. I didn't dump ice water on my head, and I didn't donate any money. It's blackmail, it's bull shit and it stops with me.

Um, ok.

Facts You Should Know - The ALS Association

Facts You Should Know:

* ALS is not contagious.

* It is estimated that ALS is responsible for nearly two deaths per hundred thousand population annually.

* Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS each year. The incidence of ALS is two per 100,000 people, and it is estimated that as many as 30,000 Americans may have the disease at any given time.

Wow, 30,000 something must be done! Let's get right on this! Priority 1 scramble scramble!

"There are currently around 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States of America (USA), with 16 percent unaware of their infection."
HIV AIDS in USA AVERT

"In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the US. Cancer remains the second most common cause of death in the US, accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths."
Cancer Facts Figures 2014

Maybe we have other more pressing priorities? Let's put some tires on the car before we worry about refilling the windshield wiper fluid ya know.

This is what I love about message boards, any moron can say anything. I find it a good reminder of why undereducated people should not have the right to vote.

Point is, in the American way, someone got something going that is bringing out the creativity of all classes of Americans. This is a good thing, we are doing something together for a change. We can forget for a moment that the world stands on the brink of total destruction.

Open-mindedness, creative solutions, and progressive advancement into the future are invigorating to me. Tomorrow, I will get up, and put on my soldier's uniform, (two piece suit), and fight the corporate wars. I am one of the 20% of the population that has a career I really love. I am a player in the game of my choosing. Why am I so lucky? It is not luck, it is ATTITUDE. I am the guy who sees the gas tank as half-full, not half-empty.

Anyone who can not see the excitement in the Ice Bucket Challenge, which has broken all records as a promotional success is just a complainer who will end life at the bottom of the food chain. It is really so simple to be successful and happy, but I just shake my head when I watch losers destroying their own lives with negativity. When someone throws a party they invite people who will raise the spirits, not bring others down.

as-a-playstation-fan-this-is-my-reaction-to-the-all-xbox-one-negativity-at-the-moment-11274.gif

Last edited:

Wow, am I the only one here who donates their time to fundraising for charity? MOMENTUM is what the Ice Bucket Challenge is about. The Ice Bucket Challenge is "IN." To not be a part of it is almost UnAmerican. ALS is not a charity I donate to. I donate to Parkinsons because that is what my mother passed from. I also donate to Golden Retriever RESCUE, Chicago Prep, (the all African American college prep school on Chicago's South-side), the Santa Monica Homeless Shelter, and the Jewish Aides Foundation a request from the family of a former co-worker who was a mentor. That is what I can afford. Perhaps these charities will do something entertaining because, truthfully? Writing a check is the simple way out, you do not have to confront the real problems personally.

Anyone who is following this new American way to give money to charity is wondering, When will President Obama, Bill Clinton, George Lucas and Scott Pelley participate? Then of course there is the unspoken competition to do better than the last guy.

Forum List

Back