The Imaginary Greatness of FDR

The part about unemployment skyrocketing under Hoover and dropping 10% under FDR

And to think it only took 9 years and a WWII to get it there.

That's it? That's why he's great? Who isn't great?

Using the metric of "you 9 years of mega double digit unemployment" aren't ALL presidents at least as great as FDR?

Once again showing how Republicans gloat about creating a mess that Democrats can't clean up

Tell us again how unemplyment went from 3.4% to 24% under the Republicans

Sounds alot like George Boooooooooooooooooooooosh

Hoover was a Raise tax and centrally Plan Progressive and he SUCKED!

Harding was a Republican free marketer who slashed spending and taxes and he turned a worse economy around in a year making him a whole order of magnitude GREATER than FDR!

Again, Hoover sucked and FDR took Hoover failed policies, rejected by Harding and turned them into 9 years of misery!

You know why you have no way of explaining FDR "Greatness"? Because he wasn't!

You know why TruthMatters is the only one to attempt to defend FDR? Because she's too dumb to know she can't win this argument!

You know why no other Liberal Intellectual Elite showed up in this thread to make a convincing case for FDR Greatness? Because it's a lie!

And to think it only took 9 years and a WWII to get it there.

That's it? That's why he's great? Who isn't great?

Using the metric of "you 9 years of mega double digit unemployment" aren't ALL presidents at least as great as FDR?

Once again showing how Republicans gloat about creating a mess that Democrats can't clean up

Harding was a Republican free marketer who slashed spending and taxes and he turned a worse economy around in a year making him a whole order of magnitude GREATER than FDR!

Again, Hoover sucked and FDR took Hoover failed policies, rejected by Harding and turned them into 9 years of misery!

You know why TruthMatters is the only one to attempt to defend FDR? Because she's too dumb to know she can't win this argument!

You know why no other Liberal Intellectual Elite showed up in this thread to make a convincing case for FDR Greatness? Because it's a lie!

LOL

The right wing is now touting Harding?

Teapot Dome Harding?

Harding had an worse economy than the great depression?

You are bat shit crazy

It started worse, there was a war to pay for, remember? Harding ended it in record time because he WAS a great President where FDR was a disaster

Harding told Hoover to go stuff his "Raise taxes and spending and centrally plan the economy" ideas to sit quietly in a corner and the recession ended in a year

Hoover and FDR got their hands on the economy and gave us a whole decade of misery and failure

LOL

The right wing is now touting Harding?

Teapot Dome Harding?

Since you can no longer even pretend to argue FDR greatness, I guess it is time to Deflect and attack.

Also, Harding had NOTHING to do with the Scandal, Progressives need to smear him to denigrate his true greatness

Last edited:
This was probably the most lopsided defeat ever inflicted on Progressives. One thread asking the Liberal Intellectual Elite backup team to defend FDR and they go 0 for the entire thread.

Pathetic.

Also, Harding had NOTHING to do with the Scandal, Progressives need to smear him to denigrate his true greatness

You are exactly right. Harding was dead before the full details of the scandal came to light. In fact, if you look at the accounts at the time of his death, the public adored him. Especially since he stood in stark contrast to the dastardly Woodrow Wilson who preceded him. The public also loved Calvin Coolidge. It wasn't until certain individuals began re-writing history that Warren Harding began being lumped into the Tea Pot Dome scandal. Not surprisingly, there is typically little mention of Harding's early actions to end the recession/mini depression, which occurred in large part due to demobilization associated with the end of World War I. It's easier for those writing history to simply discount him and level personal attacks which are irrelevant to whether or not he was a good president

You are exactly right. Harding was dead before the full details of the scandal came to light. In fact, if you look at the accounts at the time of his death, the public adored him. Especially since he stood in stark contrast to the dastardly Woodrow Wilson who preceded him. The public also loved Calvin Coolidge. It wasn't until certain individuals began re-writing history that Warren Harding began being lumped into the Tea Pot Dome scandal. Not surprisingly, there is typically little mention of Harding's early actions to end the recession/mini depression, which occurred in large part due to demobilization associated with the end of World War I. It's easier for those writing history to simply discount him and level personal attacks which are irrelevant to whether or not he was a good president

He was at least a whole order of magnitude more effective than Hoover and FDR at turning around a trouble economy and for that Progressives have to spout 2 separate sets of lies: FDR "Greatness", which we see is total fiction and Harding was a crook.

FDR Greatness is a work of fiction, a lie repeated over and over by Progressives and incorporated into textbook knowing it's a lie.

You're just mad that FDR is consistently rated in the top 3, and the only republicans that make the top 20 are ones that would be Democrats if they were alive today. :)

FDR Greatness is a work of fiction, a lie repeated over and over by Progressives and incorporated into textbook knowing it's a lie.

You're just mad that FDR is consistently rated in the top 3, and the only republicans that make the top 20 are ones that would be Democrats if they were alive today. :)

I don't care about your lists a long as you keep them to yourselves. But if you're going to involve me and educate me, then don't lie about or at least make an effort at answering.

FDR's Greatness is the sole product of LMSM Following Goebbels Big Lie advise and we see how effective it is

I don't care about your lists a long as you keep them to yourselves. But if you're going to involve me and educate me, then don't lie about or at least make an effort at answering.

FDR's Greatness is the sole product of LMSM Following Goebbels Big Lie advise and we see how effective it is

Yes...pay no attenion to historians and presidential scholars

Only Frankie really can rate a President

So we get Harding, Coolidge and Hoover on Frankies Mt Rushmore

Hoover was a Progressive, you can keep him.

As far as "Historians and Presidential scholars" bring 'em!

I keep waiting for the Liberal Intellectual Elite to show up at USMB but they're MIA.

Is this like Global Warming, are we supposed to ignore the science because you have a consensus on FDR's Imaginary Greatness?

I'm not mad Progressives have successfully pulled off a Goebbels Big Lie about FDR's greatness.

If I were mad I'd be spewing spittle here about it. Instead a posted the facts and it's been like throwing Holy Water on The Wicked Witch and Dracula; you guys just melt.

Now that's funny!

Historians and presidential "scholars" tend to come out of the propaganda mills of liberal elitism. What they say, how they analyze and what they "conclude" are all things that can be predicted in advance. Libs rate libs highly and over-rate achievements of libs and minimize the failings and failures of libs.

So why would any objective person pretend to value the musings of that Greek chorus?

Instead of engaging in the obvious fallacy you are endorsing (an appeal to alleged "authority"), why don't guys like you give some critical thought to the statistics cited by CF in his OP? You might earn a shot at a small dose of credibility that way, someday, maybe.

There they go rewriting history, spewing hate on science and higher learning.

They like to remain uneducated so they can retain the failed ideas that they harbor.

When your ideas are so failed you have to deny any intelligence or the facts that are obvious then your ideas are bad.

Bad info in = bad decisions out

They like to remain uneducated so they can retain the failed ideas that they harbor.

When your ideas are so failed you have to deny any intelligence or the facts that are obvious then your ideas are bad.

Over 200 posts into it and you haven't given a single reason why FDR is great.

Not one!

Not one!

Untruthmutter has not yet grasped that Federal Judges do not RUN for election or re-election. So, I don't believe there's any rational basis to hope that she will ever be able to validly argue how or why FDR is allegedly so "great."

Not one!

Untruthmutter has not yet grasped that Federal Judges do not RUN for election or re-election. So, I don't believe there's any rational basis to hope that she will ever be able to validly argue how or why FDR is allegedly so "great."

And how FDR had threatened to 'pack' the Court. I wonder if TDM understands it meant and what powers it would have given FDR?

Forum List

Back