The Imaginary Greatness of FDR

Over 200 posts into it and you haven't given a single reason why FDR is great.

Not one!

Untruthmutter has not yet grasped that Federal Judges do not RUN for election or re-election. So, I don't believe there's any rational basis to hope that she will ever be able to validly argue how or why FDR is allegedly so "great."

And how FDR had threatened to 'pack' the Court. I wonder if TDM understands it meant and what powers it would have given FDR?

Yes, threatening to upend the Constitution by Court packing was a sure sign of Greatness.

Foregoing the 2 term voluntary limit begun by George Washington because we were not a Monarchy was another sure sign of Greatness.

FDR, what a great man

Untruthmutter has not yet grasped that Federal Judges do not RUN for election or re-election. So, I don't believe there's any rational basis to hope that she will ever be able to validly argue how or why FDR is allegedly so "great."

And how FDR had threatened to 'pack' the Court. I wonder if TDM understands it meant and what powers it would have given FDR?

Yes, threatening to upend the Constitution by Court packing was a sure sign of Greatness.

Foregoing the 2 term voluntary limit begun by George Washington because we were not a Monarchy was another sure sign of Greatness.

FDR, what a great man

You're forgetting the St Louis incident.

Still no sign of the Liberal Intellectual Elite to explain FDR's greatness in light of 8 years of misery and failure

FDR supposedly is a Great President for "Getting us out of the Great Depression."

Here's the data set.

I see no greatness. I see 8 consecutive years of failure.

FDR US Unemployment 1932: 24.1%, 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. 8 year Average = 19.8%

By this line of thinking, Reagan was the worst President since FDR.

PresidentUnemployment.png

Wow, Reagan sure sucks, huh? He's worse than Jimmy Carter! He's nearly twice as bad LBJ.

Yes, by the extremists' logic, Reagan was the worst President since WWII.

FDR supposedly is a Great President for "Getting us out of the Great Depression."

Here's the data set.

FDR US Unemployment 1932: 24.1%, 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. 8 year Average = 19.8%

Wow, Reagan sure sucks, huh? He's worse than Jimmy Carter! He's nearly twice as bad LBJ.

Gee, 7.5% when Reagan entered office and 5.30% when he left. Yeah, he really sucked I guess.
Inflation was 10.35% when he entered office and 4.67% when he left.
What a failure! He didn't even kill 416,000 U.S. soldiers defeating the USSR, unlike Roosevelt.
Facts really do suck when they show what a simp you are, right?
Amazing what partisans can do with statistics.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Gee, 7.5% when Reagan entered office and 5.30% when he left. Yeah, he really sucked I guess.
What a failure! He didn't even kill 416,000 U.S. soldiers defeating the USSR, unlike Roosevelt.

Roosevelt killed 416,000 U.S troops defeating the Soviet Union? That's a new one.

FDR must of been pretty great then. According to Frank, he came into office with a 24.1% unemployment, by 1939 it was at 17.2% but he even was able to get it down to 14.3% at one point before that. :eusa_think:

Go away.

You've gotten so many simple factual things wrong here, I'm not surprised that you can't comprehend a simple juxtaposition.

Here's the data set.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

TKO!

what would the country look life it not for WW2? what would fdrs rep be?

Go away.

You've gotten so many simple factual things wrong here, I'm not surprised that you can't comprehend a simple juxtaposition.

Please feel free to correct a single thing I posted. Not one of them is incorrect.
You are comparing averages. That is misleading. Reagan inherited a terrible mess, many years in the making. Remember the "misery index"? Of course things would get worse before they got better. There was a lot of inflation in the system that needed to be wrung out. The classical medicine was high interest rates, which naturally will produce higher unemployment in the short term.

Here's the data set.

Yet in comparison, Progressives should tattoo Reagan on their butt cheeks because he was three times as great as FDR

By now, all reasonable and intelligent people have seen that the New Deal did not end the Great Depression. If it did, it would have been easy to answer the simple question posited at the start of this thread:

Here's the data set US Unemployment 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. = 19.1% average, when did the Greatness kick in?

Forum List

Back