The irrefutable damage Right wing talk show hosts have done to the Republican Party.

The left turns on the tube and gets their talking points from the likes of Maddow, Matthews, etc and if that isn't bad enough they go to the Daily Kook and Huffpo to reinforce the belief they are indeed knowers of all and righteous. Dumb bastids
But aren't you people always bragging and laughing about how ABSOLUTELY NOBODY watches "that man Rachel?" What gives?!!????

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Evidently you watch it, you're as dumb as stump and keep repeating the talking points. Here you thought you were some intellectual? I can spot a media drone a mile away and you're one of them

Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened.

"I think the conservative media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican Party on a national level," he said.

"Now, this is not Rush's fault, but if you look at the presidential elections before Rush Limbaugh became nationally syndicated, I believe Republicans won five out of six," he said. "After Rush Limbaugh became truly nationally syndicated ... if you start in 1996 and what I anticipate will happen in 2016, Republicans will have lost five of the seven presidential elections once he became syndicated."

Ziegler said that if there is no price to pay for Trump's most enthusiastic backers in the conservative press, then "it's over."

"The conservative establishment that needs to be gotten rid of is the conservative media establishment. Sean Hannity needs to go. Bill O'Reilly needs to go. Sadly, Rush Limbaugh needs to go," he said."

The entire article is here--it's a long one but very informative.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

13625386_1434728513209781_4451244961255642043_n.jpg
Good to see this issue beginning to come to light. Conservative talk radio (and later, right wing internet) has been a huge net loss for the Republican party, and I'll guarantee you a lot of Republican politicians know it.

Rush and the others know that they have to be absolutist to attract and retain fans, so that's how they behave. The problem is, their fans become the same way in real life, and we're seeing it manifest now.

Conservative talk radio has been bashing "the Establishment" for years now, and that's how Trump won. It's not a freakin' coincidence.
You are such a piece of shit
Right on cue.
Yeah, tell us how you are so neutral while you vote for the fucking lying sell out.

You are a fucking loser and saw right through all of your utter bullshit since I read your first bullshit post.

Fucking ignorant sell out piece of shit.
Attacking the messenger again.

Right wing talk shows reach.....maybe 3 million people.

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

I guess you're trying to be funny. But to keep these kind of audiences "entertained"--you're right they have to give them something to be ANGRY about. And they'll do anything, say anything to keep them ANGRY and tuned in. I thought this was the greatest description of the new party RULES.

"In fact, a list of what “Republicans” now stand for has nothing at all to do with policy or principle, but rather is filled with beliefs about very specific concepts. For instance, being a member of the current GOP pretty much requires you to pledge allegiance to most, if not all, of the following views"

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, the DNC killed a member of its staff for leaking her emails, her use of which was the greatest national security breech in history, and Vince Foster killed himself because of Hillary nagging him (assuming he really wasn’t murdered).
  • Hillary Clinton is hiding a severe illness which makes her incapable of holding office and which will soon cause her death (well, at least we might not have to worry about her serving two full terms!).
  • President Obama is easily the worst president in history, a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, the founder of ISIS, and likely wasn’t really born in the United States.
  • The Republican “establishment” is a bunch of impotent losers because they lost two elections to a media darling and can’t override vetoes without a super majority, but a guy who has never been truly leading a candidate like Hillary in the polls is a sure winner.
  • Conservative writers at the National Review and Weekly Standard along with Charles Krauthammer, George Will and Brit Hume are all out-of-touch wimps who can’t be trusted to tell us the truth, but Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Alex Jones would never lie to us for profit (expect for maybe that whole Alex Jones “9/11 Truther” thing, which we’ll sort of pretend didn’t happen).
  • When in doubt, Trump is always right, no matter what he has said in the past, even when it has directly contradicted his previous statement, and even if that happens on the same day, or in the same interview.
  • Deporting illegal immigrants and building a huge wall on our Mexican border is the most important thing we must do, unless Trump changes his mind.
  • There is nothing more significant (especially now that we’ve forgotten about that whole illegal immigration thing) than making sure that the person who picks the next Supreme Court justice is the same guy who was recently favors eminent domain and curtailing the First Amendment, and who picked Arsenio Hall and Piers Morgan as the “Celebrity Apprentice.”
  • The news media has never been more biased than they are against Trump, which is why they gave him two billion dollars in free advertising in the primaries and why he just hired the head of a major conservative “news” outlet to head his campaign while using Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors.
  • The background of a potential First Lady and her ability to properly represent the country no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Experience in public office no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Using a Teleprompter is good, unless it is bad (that’s so 2008!).
  • Flip-flopping means nothing (so 2004!).
  • Releasing your tax returns (even when you entire campaign is based on your wealth) means nothing.
  • Words mean nothing.
  • Having class or decency means nothing.
  • Limited government means nothing.
  • Fiscal responsibility means nothing.
  • Cozying up to Vladimir Putin is numerous bizarre ways means nothing.
  • Campaigning as an amazing manager of people but running a campaign that is in constant chaos and disarray means nothing.
  • Lying is a total disqualifier for Hillary, but when Trump lies it is simply part of the “Art of the Deal.”
  • Polls are either wrong or part of a massive nonsensical conspiracy, unless Trump is winning.
    Facts mean nothing (unless they are sanctified by Matt Drudge, in which case they are then gospel).
  • Stories from “mainstream” media sources are inherently wrong, even if all they are doing is reporting Trump’s actual words.
  • Hillary is the worst person who has ever lived and would be such a dangerous president that we must do everything possible to defeat her, except actually bother to consider electability when it comes to picking our nominee.
  • All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not
All brought to you by 3 or more daily hours of Reich wing talk radio and those on FOX News that have taught the politically inept how to be ignorant--angry Reich wingers.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
Take a look at Eric Bolling and Sean Hannity. These two far rightwing palookas embody this to a tee. They bash and over exaggerate every single Democrat slight, and they excuse and ignore every single Republican sin.

They are this season's Dickinson "Toe Sucking" Morris. Once Hillary wins, FOXNEWS will boot their sorry asses.

I've read a few books on the subconscious (okay, no, that doesn't make me an expert, but....) and they all agree that there are certain conditions that can literally change thought processes. This can include ideology, of course.

The primary conditions are repetition of input, limited exposure to contrary input and self-repetition of that input (particularly speaking). It essentially creates an inner echo chamber and feeds on itself fairly quickly.

Obviously this isn't limited to one political side or the other, but talk radio is right there, in a person's head, for hours a day.

Good to see this issue beginning to come to light. Conservative talk radio (and later, right wing internet) has been a huge net loss for the Republican party, and I'll guarantee you a lot of Republican politicians know it.

Rush and the others know that they have to be absolutist to attract and retain fans, so that's how they behave. The problem is, their fans become the same way in real life, and we're seeing it manifest now.

Conservative talk radio has been bashing "the Establishment" for years now, and that's how Trump won. It's not a freakin' coincidence.
Golly, that sounds rather absolutist! LOL.

The establishment guys are not conservatives, that's the whole problem. Why wouldn't a conservative host criticize them? It might sound absolutist to a unhappy polemic listener but it's the truth. Many Republicans aren't much different than Democrats, especially when they gain some power.

Where exactly is the huge loss? You simply posited it with nothing to back it up with. The fact that liberals are unhappy and bitch about something is proof positive they are on the right track.

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

I guess you're trying to be funny. But to keep these kind of audiences "entertained"--you're right they have to give them something to be ANGRY about. And they'll do anything, say anything to keep them ANGRY and tuned in. I thought this was the greatest description of the new party RULES.

"In fact, a list of what “Republicans” now stand for has nothing at all to do with policy or principle, but rather is filled with beliefs about very specific concepts. For instance, being a member of the current GOP pretty much requires you to pledge allegiance to most, if not all, of the following views"

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, the DNC killed a member of its staff for leaking her emails, her use of which was the greatest national security breech in history, and Vince Foster killed himself because of Hillary nagging him (assuming he really wasn’t murdered).
  • Hillary Clinton is hiding a severe illness which makes her incapable of holding office and which will soon cause her death (well, at least we might not have to worry about her serving two full terms!).
  • President Obama is easily the worst president in history, a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, the founder of ISIS, and likely wasn’t really born in the United States.
  • The Republican “establishment” is a bunch of impotent losers because they lost two elections to a media darling and can’t override vetoes without a super majority, but a guy who has never been truly leading a candidate like Hillary in the polls is a sure winner.
  • Conservative writers at the National Review and Weekly Standard along with Charles Krauthammer, George Will and Brit Hume are all out-of-touch wimps who can’t be trusted to tell us the truth, but Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Alex Jones would never lie to us for profit (expect for maybe that whole Alex Jones “9/11 Truther” thing, which we’ll sort of pretend didn’t happen).
  • When in doubt, Trump is always right, no matter what he has said in the past, even when it has directly contradicted his previous statement, and even if that happens on the same day, or in the same interview.
  • Deporting illegal immigrants and building a huge wall on our Mexican border is the most important thing we must do, unless Trump changes his mind.
  • There is nothing more significant (especially now that we’ve forgotten about that whole illegal immigration thing) than making sure that the person who picks the next Supreme Court justice is the same guy who was recently favors eminent domain and curtailing the First Amendment, and who picked Arsenio Hall and Piers Morgan as the “Celebrity Apprentice.”
  • The news media has never been more biased than they are against Trump, which is why they gave him two billion dollars in free advertising in the primaries and why he just hired the head of a major conservative “news” outlet to head his campaign while using Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors.
  • The background of a potential First Lady and her ability to properly represent the country no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Releasing your tax returns (even when you entire campaign is based on your wealth) means nothing.
  • Words mean nothing.
  • Campaigning as an amazing manager of people but running a campaign that is in constant chaos and disarray means nothing.
  • Lying is a total disqualifier for Hillary, but when Trump lies it is simply part of the “Art of the Deal.”
  • Polls are either wrong or part of a massive nonsensical conspiracy, unless Trump is winning.
    Facts mean nothing (unless they are sanctified by Matt Drudge, in which case they are then gospel).
  • Stories from “mainstream” media sources are inherently wrong, even if all they are doing is reporting Trump’s actual words.
  • Hillary is the worst person who has ever lived and would be such a dangerous president that we must do everything possible to defeat her, except actually bother to consider electability when it comes to picking our nominee.
  • All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not
All brought to you by 3 or more daily hours of Reich wing talk radio and those on FOX News that have taught the politically inept how to be ignorant--angry Reich wingers.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
Take a look at Eric Bolling and Sean Hannity. These two far rightwing palookas embody this to a tee. They bash and over exaggerate every single Democrat slight, and they excuse and ignore every single Republican sin.

They are this season's Dickinson "Toe Sucking" Morris. Once Hillary wins, FOXNEWS will boot their sorry asses.

I've read a few books on the subconscious (okay, no, that doesn't make me an expert, but....) and they all agree that there are certain conditions that can literally change thought processes. This can include ideology, of course.

The primary conditions are repetition of input, limited exposure to contrary input and self-repetition of that input (particularly speaking). It essentially creates an inner echo chamber and feeds on itself fairly quickly.

Obviously this isn't limited to one political side or the other, but talk radio is right there, in a person's head, for hours a day.

That could be also true for those who feel that they must refute everything the other side says no matter what it is. It becomes almost obsessive for them.

I guess you're trying to be funny.

No I was being serious. But for DNC left-wing outrage of the day machines, I would not know what Rush or Glenn Beck or any of these right wing radio hosts are saying or even if they were still on the air somewhere. Their Q-Ratings are so low that the only way they can get enough listeners to keep a job is by antagonizing the left to the point that they listen in just to be offended. Democrats keep Rush on the air, not conservatives.
You radicals don't even have your excuses straight. LoL!

I get my talking points from experience, not from my straw bosses, so I can understand that the concept of not being part of the collective is foreign to you.
Half of you kooks swear something is definitely the cause of X, the other half of you argues that the opposite is the cause of X. But yeah, it's liberals that have a problem.

ROTFLMBAO!

The establishment guys are not conservatives, that's the whole problem. Why wouldn't a conservative host criticize them? It might sound absolutist to a unhappy polemic listener but it's the truth. Many Republicans aren't much different than Democrats, especially when they gain some power.

Where exactly is the huge loss? You simply posited it with nothing to back it up with. The fact that liberals are unhappy and bitch about something is proof positive they are on the right track.
Perhaps you don't see the country moving Left. I do, and I'm concerned that we'll kneejerk too far to the Left, helped in no small measure by the fact the alternate is so unappealing.

If you think things are going your way, great.

Well no shit. You needed a book for that????

Conservatives get a wider range of views than libs if they watch any msm. Comedy shows, movies, TV, etc. are all predominantly leftist. The brainwashing in on the left. YOU don't see it because you are one of them.

• Words mean nothing.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

That could be also true for those who feel that they must refute everything the other side says no matter what it is. It becomes almost obsessive for them.
Yep, fight every last thing, never give an inch, always spin and attack.

The problem is that more people on both ends are like this, and it's ripping us apart.

The left turns on the tube and gets their talking points from the likes of Maddow, Matthews, etc and if that isn't bad enough they go to the Daily Kook and Huffpo to reinforce the belief they are indeed knowers of all and righteous. Dumb bastids
But aren't you people always bragging and laughing about how ABSOLUTELY NOBODY watches "that man Rachel?" What gives?!!????

Evidently you watch it, you're as dumb as stump and keep repeating the talking points. Here you thought you were some intellectual? I can spot a media drone a mile away and you're one of them
I watch three FOXNEWS shows per day, when possible. I listen to 2 rightwing talk radio shows per day when possible. I don't watch Rachel. Don't have to, we already agree. I need to stay abreast with what the far rightwing kooks are spewing.

Perhaps you don't see the country moving Left. I do, and I'm concerned that we'll kneejerk too far to the Left, helped in no small measure by the fact the alternate is so unappealing.

If you think things are going your way, great.

Just out of curiosity, what is it you "fear" from a too far left country? What would "too far left" look like?

The Left hates the idea that Conservatives like Rush exposes their filth and lies and will do everything possible to discredit including writing stupid article like that.

But haven't you guys been bragging about how Rush has been reaching 20 to 30 million homes a week for decades?

All of a sudden it's now only 3??!!???

I don't listen to talk radio.

I don't know what Rush's audience is.

I do know that cable TV is about 3 million max.

The propagandists are not just killing the R party but the entire Nation....divided we fall.
Because disagreeing with the left is division. Compromise to the leftist means full agreement with them.

But it's good to know the libs are seriously concerned about all those notes out of harmony and not singing along. Come on, who do you think you're kidding?

[Q

Just out of curiosity, what is it you "fear" from a too far left country? What would "too far left" look like?

We found that out that that piece of shit Obama was elected, didn't we?

Dismal economic growth, astronomical debt, massive government regulations, higher taxes, more government, increased poverty, racial strife, flooding of illegals, weak foreign policy and the attack on our Constitutional rights.

On a good day the Left will turn this country into a Greece. However, their real goal is to turn this country in a Venezuela or worse. That is what we have to fear.

Progressives liked the 1970's Republicans so much better, compliant little bitches who knew their place and never backtalked.

Fear not, Bucs, you still have McConnell and Ryan sucking Hillary's cock

The propagandists are not just killing the R party but the entire Nation....divided we fall.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA After 7 1/2 years of the Obungles disaster you post this?
can you name those disasters in the 7.5 years and explain why they were all disasters?
I won't spend my DAY on it but obamacare rammed down out throats for starters. A shitty ass economy STILL! 1.1 percent growth sounds good to you? What kind of sweet government job do you have? One foreign policy fuckup after the other. Trying to force schools to accept trannies in the restrooms, trying to force immigration policy for more illegals, bringing in unvetted Muslims from hostile regions, Jesus girl, you don't read shit you just repeat talking points.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA After 7 1/2 years of the Obungles disaster you post this?
can you name those disasters in the 7.5 years and explain why they were all disasters?
I won't spend my DAY on it but obamacare rammed down out throats for starters. A shitty ass economy STILL! 1.1 percent growth sounds good to you? What kind of sweet government job do you have? One foreign policy fuckup after the other. Trying to force schools to accept trannies in the restrooms, trying to force immigration policy for more illegals, bringing in unvetted Muslims from hostile regions, Jesus girl, you don't read shit you just repeat talking points.

BBbuut Obama is simply wonderful..or some shit like that. The man is a fucked up disaster

• Words mean nothing.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

Yep, fight every last thing, never give an inch, always spin and attack.

The problem is that more people on both ends are like this, and it's ripping us apart.

If someone is having a pissy day and wants to troll their emotional baggage it is one thing. Unfortunately I see too much of the other. I am perhaps more aware of it because I don't support Hillary or Trump and because I am a progressive socialist who does not support the DNC or their current war on poverty programs for the most part which are really a war on the poor. It cracks me up when the DNC cub scouts try to paint me as some right wing conservative republican. I support programs that work and ideas that make sense. Theirs often are neither, but since I criticize the I just have to be one of them right wingers in their mind because only a right wing conservative could take exception to the DNC star chamber's brilliance. LOL.

But haven't you guys been bragging about how Rush has been reaching 20 to 30 million homes a week for decades?

All of a sudden it's now only 3??!!???

I don't listen to talk radio.

I don't know what Rush's audience is.

I do know that cable TV is about 3 million max.
Use the Google bro.

Forum List

Back