The Largest Political Party In America: The Silent Party

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Wow! A whopping 48% of eligible voters cast their ballots in the midterms. {Not counting lost and uncounted ballots of course}

That means 52%, or over one half of eligible voters didn’t bother to get off their duffs and go to the polls?

Why?

Nobody they wanted to vote for? Disgusted with the endless bombardment of political ads? Belief that their votes wouldn’t be counted anyway?

Any guesses?

The American political will is duly portrayed by this one acknowledgement, the failure to vote. Whether it be due to disinterest, negligence or ignorance, silence is the largest political party in the nation. But silence does not just dwarf the Republican And Democrat parties, it often out-competes them altogether. So was the case this midterms, this first midterms ever to break 100 million votes cast.

If an empty ballot card actually counted towards something, then the country’s political representatives would be absentees. The Silent Party’s collective interest is to abstain from politics. If their will was taken into account, being the largest bloc of Americans, the entire country would then simply abstain from politics. No government, no taxes, no funding for social programs, no military, no laws and law enforcement, no public schools, no judge and jury.

More @ The Largest Political Party In America: The Silent Party

DidNoVote.jpg

Wow! A whopping 48% of eligible voters cast their ballots in the midterms. {Not counting lost and uncounted ballots of course}

That means 52%, or over one half of eligible voters didn’t bother to get off their duffs and go to the polls?

Why?

Nobody they wanted to vote for? Disgusted with the endless bombardment of political ads? Belief that their votes wouldn’t be counted anyway?

Any guesses?

The American political will is duly portrayed by this one acknowledgement, the failure to vote. Whether it be due to disinterest, negligence or ignorance, silence is the largest political party in the nation. But silence does not just dwarf the Republican And Democrat parties, it often out-competes them altogether. So was the case this midterms, this first midterms ever to break 100 million votes cast.

If an empty ballot card actually counted towards something, then the country’s political representatives would be absentees. The Silent Party’s collective interest is to abstain from politics. If their will was taken into account, being the largest bloc of Americans, the entire country would then simply abstain from politics. No government, no taxes, no funding for social programs, no military, no laws and law enforcement, no public schools, no judge and jury.

I’ve always been fascinated by those who brag about not voting....Blows my mind.

Last edited:

Why?

Any guesses?

As long as they are personally doing OK, they just don't give a fuck. I'll bet half of the percentage that didn't vote couldn't even tell you the name of the vice president.

People are FINALLY realizing that virtually NO politician can be trusted to even the slightest degree to do what is right for the country.

When I see people cheer at political rallies (no matter which party it is for), I just laugh and shake my head at how INCREDIBLY gullible these people are.

Like their candidate gives a shit about them.

Obamabots were pretty pathetic. But Trumpbots are even worse.

Look at these pathetic 'disciples' - actually believing that Trump is not laughing at them inside thinking 'you people are SOOOO easy to con':

2015_0829%2B-%2BTrump%2B-%2B1ErLUis.jpg

Thank GOODNESS I am an indy and not mixed up in all this partisan crap.

Last edited:
People are FINALLY realizing that virtually NO politician can be trusted to even the slightest degree to do what is right for the country.

When I see people cheer at political rallies (no matter which party it is for), I just laugh and shake my head at how INCREDIBLY gullible these people are.

Like their candidate gives a shit about them.

Obamabots were pretty pathetic. But Trumpbots are even worse.

Look at these pathetic 'disciples' - actually believing that Trump is not laughing at them inside thinking 'you people are SOOOO easy to con':

2015_0829%2B-%2BTrump%2B-%2B1ErLUis.jpg

Thank GOODNESS I am an indy and not mixed up in all this partisan crap.

There is nothing wrong with finding a politician good and agreeing with a lot of their policies. The tribal stuff is terrible and you are right there, if you are in my tribe you can do not wrong and and other do no right. If anyone does something wrong in the other tribe it is time to go mental and brand everyone in that tribe as the same...

Stupid stuff really... That is why I propose STV voting... It works more for politicians to find common ground than energising the base...

Why?

Any guesses?

I’ve always been fascinated by those who brag about not voting....Blows my mind.

Me to. People shed blood to give us that right and there are millions who never bother to vote.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Forum List

Back