The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world...

You saved up and bought some stock of your own, right?
You profit from fraud, right?
featured.jpg

What is Stock Fraud?

Tenants get evicted, homeowners get foreclosed. So 1 in 3 people surveyed are renters? That has nothing to do with capitalism except for the fact those people losing their apartment or house never participated in capitalism.
Are you saying "those people" don't cheat, lie, and steal? While that seems highly unlikely, it is equally unrealistic to say those working for wages are not participating in capitalism (at least as victims)

Amazon is strictly mail order and Walmart does mail order along with their stores. Why should their workers get paid more for working now? Do people at machine shops get paid more, mechanics at the garage or dealership, waitresses and restaurant workers?
Amazon and Walmart have raked in billions in additional profits during the pandemic, and shared almost none of it with their workers

"JEFF BEZOS AND THE WALMART HEIRS HAVE GROWN $116 BILLION RICHER DURING THE PANDEMIC—35 TIMES THE TOTAL HAZARD PAY GIVEN TO MORE THAN 2.5 MILLION AMAZON AND WALMART WORKERS."

The only reason Bezos and the heirs "own" their $116 billion pandemic bonus is because GOVERNMENT has POLITICALLY constructed the institutions and laws that REGULATE economic activity in this society.

The New York Times sucks even more than you do.

1609108862756.png

The "average" CEO makes less than $200,000

1609108993905.png

Chief Executives (bls.gov)

If the NYT were right, instead of a bunch of lying twats,
average workers would be making $193,850/347 = $558.65

In reality, $193,850/$37,632 = 5.15

Amazon is strictly mail order and Walmart does mail order along with their stores. Why should their workers get paid more for working now? Do people at machine shops get paid more, mechanics at the garage or dealership, waitresses and restaurant workers?
Amazon and Walmart have raked in billions in additional profits during the pandemic, and shared almost none of it with their workers

"JEFF BEZOS AND THE WALMART HEIRS HAVE GROWN $116 BILLION RICHER DURING THE PANDEMIC—35 TIMES THE TOTAL HAZARD PAY GIVEN TO MORE THAN 2.5 MILLION AMAZON AND WALMART WORKERS."

The only reason Bezos and the heirs "own" their $116 billion pandemic bonus is because GOVERNMENT has POLITICALLY constructed the institutions and laws that REGULATE economic activity in this society.

So Walmart and Amazon made more money. What's your point?

It's unfair when big companies, and their owners, make money.

Because George is poor.

Are you saying "those people" don't cheat, lie, and steal? While that seems highly unlikely, it is equally unrealistic to say those working for wages are not participating in capitalism (at least as victims)

Obviously they were people who had no backup money in case anything went wrong. Now if they had investments in this growing market of ours the last several years, they'd be able to liquidate to get their hands on money they alternatively made. I'm a capitalist because I do have money in the market. Not one penny was made through cheating, lying or stealing. My backup for me not having enough to make mortgage payments is I invested in rental property that pays my mortgages and bills plus a profit. While other people spent their lives in their own private home for themselves, I willingly sacrificed that and opted for property I share with other people. I didn't cheat, lie or steal to do it either.

Because George is poor.
No. It’s unfair when big companies get bailouts by the taxpayers, while those same taxpayers get screwed by government and big corporations colluding.

You really don’t understand Fascism. Look it up.

Because George is poor.

George has no problem with them making money. George has a problem with them not giving their employees much of the money they made. The liberal philosophy is that when a company makes money, the CEO or owner(s) should receive a much smaller piece of the pie because in their mind, that's only fair.

Income is not distributed like cards in a poker game. Income is earned either through labor or investment. When you labor, you earn X amount of money. When you invest, you make XXX amount of money.
When you labor your income is earned.
When you invest your income is unearned.
90% of investors are parasites who "earn" by finding a bigger fool to buy their inflated assets.
You are being played by crony capitalists like Trump and his useful political idiots like Clinton and Biden and Romney.

No. It’s unfair when big companies get bailouts by the taxpayers, while those same taxpayers get screwed by government and big corporations colluding.

Out of all the businesses in the US, how many of them actually got a bailout? And when I say bailout, I'm referring to the the term meaning government just gives them money, not make them a loan that eventually gets repaid. It's a tiny fraction of 1% I can assure you.

Out of all the businesses in the US, how many of them actually got a bailout? And when I say bailout, I'm referring to the the term meaning government just gives them money, not make them a loan that eventually gets repaid. It's a tiny fraction of 1% I can assure you.
No. All these no interest loans are bailouts too. Most businesses don’t receive this could of government protection.

When you labor your income is earned.
When you invest your income is unearned.
90% of investors are parasites who "earn" by finding a bigger fool to buy their inflated assets.
You are being played by crony capitalists like Trump and his useful political idiots like Clinton and Biden and Romney.

No, all income is earned, it's just it's earned in different ways.

Some earn their income by climbing on telephone polls to install cable television or restore electricity during or after a storm. Some earn money in a store sweeping the floors and stocking the shelves with products. Some earn money sitting behind a desk all day doing paperwork and research. Some like myself earned their money behind the wheel of a big-rig trucking material to American companies for the creation of products or parts for products. We all earn our money no matter how it's earned, that is of course unless you inherit it or hit a lottery number.

When you invest your money, the profits from that money is earned as well. Instead of buying or leasing a new car every three years, living in a house or neighborhood just at the tip of your means, going on expensive vacations twice a year, you sacrificed all those things and instead, used that money to create more money. You deserve the money you make from your investment because of all the things you had to give up, plus the risk you are taking in which to make that money.

My nephew made 32K last year buying and selling baseball cards. He already makes good money at his full-time job. He's got a Masters degree and does very well. But he likes the baseball card thing as a hobby, and of course, the extra money is always a help. Did he earn that money? Yes he did.

Oh...how nice.
  • Elon Musk’s wealth grew over $100 billion since the start of the pandemic, from $24.6 billion on March 18 to $126 billion on November 24, an increase of 413%, boosted by his Tesla stock. His wealth now surpasses Bill Gates of Microsoft
  • Jeff Bezos’s wealth grew almost $70 billion from $113 billion on March 18 to $182.4 billion.
  • Dan Gilbert, chairman of Quicken Loans, saw his wealth rocket by over $37 billion, from $6.5 billion in March to $43.9 billion on November 24, 2020, an increase of 575 percent.
Bezo owns Amazon Amazon got help from the democrat shut down of the states economy
I bet walmarts made a killing

Forum List

Back