The lefts ideas are soothing, but the policies are a disaster!

imawhosure

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
When a leftist starts debating with you about which party has done more for the people, we should all as conservatives ask them----->which people do you mean? The people who will be alive after 2040, or those who will have died between the late 1930s and 2040? Certainly, the left by constantly kicking the can down the road, (and some repubs also) have made the life of those in that period far better economically, then those who will come further down the road. Now their schemes have come home to roost, and the problems that their ideas have caused are NOT far off in the future, but will have to faced by some in this generation, and many generations after.

REALITY--------> Who would not like to be promised free healthcare,(medicare/Ocare) insured against poverty in old age, protected if you have a child that you can't afford, an all provided to you by YOUR Federal/STATE government!

These, and many others, are the promises of the left. And if you do not agree to these ideas, you are evil, mean, racist, etc. But nobody wants to actually delve into (especially the left) if these ideas/programs are sustainable! They quickly gloss all of that over, because to concentrate on the sustainability of their ideas, is to prove they are just pie-in-the-sky nonsense being fed to people for votes.

Originally, I was going to go through all the programs that have been created at the behest of liberals, and show how virtually all of them are going broke and need cash infusions. As far as I know, none of the big social programs from Social security on down to Obamacare is anywhere CLOSE to self sustainment. And when you consider that Ocare took 700 BILLION dollars from Medicare which was itself in the red, and then Ocare is now in its death spiral 6 years later, and you have to wonder as Americans who plan to live for awhile WTF the Democrats were thinking!

The arrogance of Democrats is unbridled, even as you look across this message board. Knowing that Social Security and Medicare are the 3rd rail of politics in this country; instead of attempting to FIX these entitlements that were created from liberals past, they FLEECED one of them to create a NEW entitlement that probably won't make it 7 years. Obama would not TOUCH attempting to talk about how to make these solvent for the future, he stole part of the future for his legacy that is failing far faster that the other 2 ever did, which tells you about the business acumen of the modern leftist!

Again--------> The ideas of leftists are WONDERFUL, its just nobody can figure out how to pay for them, thus making them unworkable! They can NOT point to one social program that has been self sustaining, as far as I know, not a one.....but in their arrogance they keep promising the moon, and delivering debt, upon debt, upon debt, to anyone who intends to live past 2040 or so, and that is many of you, your children, and your grandchildren!

Does anyone think that these plans of the past were created and explained to the American public as "they won't go broke until here?" Of course NOT! The left ALWAYS promises their brilliant ideas will work to get them passed for votes as self sustaining, and then expects the American public to deal with their absolute failure later. How any leftist can talk about any social program when they haven't been able to devise one that is self sustaining should be a question a shrink has to answer, along with why America even listens to their bull anymore in the 1st place!

And then....we have their insistence that it is better and MORE FAIR for government to do it, instead of the private sector! Sure it is, as long as you don't want the program to self sustain, like all the lefty programs ever created! Governments job is to get BIGGER, to hire more CRONIES, to keep the government LEFTIST or FAR RIGHT, not to sustain for the American people anything! The government is NOT about sustaining profit or program, but sustaining their POWER!

Every year a senator who just recently retired, produced a list...every year, about the waste in government, and was specific where it was. I believe that the last list, or next to last list in 2014 created by him showed something slightly over 25 billion. Nobody disagreed, but nobody tried to fix it either! You tell a company they are wasting 25 million, and watch how fast it is fixed!

So, when we as conservatives debate the left, all we need do is demand they show us their successes from the past! They have none, all they have is failure unless you decide that bringing the country to its knees financially for their vision is a success. They have no leg to stand on, period! Everything they devised is crashing down around them, and us.

But the other key to this conversation is the lefts insistence on paying YOUR fairshare to support their supposed Shang-Ri- La! How much do Americans actually already pay, and is that enough? Well, for that answer, you need to realize that between the feds, the state, property taxes, excise tax on virtually EVERYTHING up to and including toilet paper, gas taxes, double taxes, sales tax, and every kind of tax you can think of, most tax paying people are on the verge of.....if not past, 40% heading towards 50%.

How much money does the left need? Think about that for a second! They NEVER will tell you what YOUR fairshare is, because their needs are bottomless pits! They have pushed you so far in taxation, and every time someone comes along and tells you they want to lower your taxes, if you want to keep a little more of your money, you are a racist! They have never explained why that is, and why you paying an over all tax load in the mid to high 40% range is not fair because they need more, and yet they demand it, and YOU let them get away with it!

We can't let the left create the narrative we debate on any longer. They purposely create false narratives to keep everyone defending their position, instead of attacking theirs! They have no government legislative wins on what they claim to stand for, they just do not! All they have is FAILURE of every program because they, or their lefty fore fathers lied to America, and now she may end up financially on her knees, just as our children, or grandchildren, come to the front.

I believe conservatives should discuss what I have said, and look towards using it as the sledgehammer against leftists, instead of defending against the LEFTS phony talking points. In all of their NEW ideas, they can put down all the links they want from here forward on how to pay for anything, and just the question----->"show your success elsewhere causes" their whole argument to collapse.

Conservatives, please discuss!

That's they plan that the left has had in place for decades.

Take over Hollywood, take over education and entertainment, teach the young to think with their emotions instead of their brains and then feed them a diet of platitudes when they are old enough to vote.

some on the left believe in merely simplifying Government to lower our Tax burden.

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

The left believes in expanding government and that means more taxes.

But the point is---->they can NOT point to any social program that is sustainable......meaning they have zero successes. They need to fix what they created before we allow them to talk about creating anything else.

some on the left believe in merely simplifying Government to lower our Tax burden.

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

But the point is---->they can NOT point to any social program that is sustainable......meaning they have zero successes. They need to fix what they created before we allow them to talk about creating anything else.

The social programs that began in the 1960s were supposed to eradicate poverty. The poverty rate just before they were put in place was 15%. Today, after trillions spent on them, the poverty rate is 15%.

That's they plan that the left has had in place for decades.

Take over Hollywood, take over education and entertainment, teach the young to think with their emotions instead of their brains and then feed them a diet of platitudes when they are old enough to vote.
Damn that Saving Private Ryan movie!!!

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

The social programs that began in the 1960s were supposed to eradicate poverty. The poverty rate just before they were put in place was 15%. Today, after trillions spent on them, the poverty rate is 15%.

Agreed! The left was never about eliminating poverty, it was about buying votes.

All I am saying is----->we need to concentrate on their failures, along with their ZERO victory's to show there way is always fail!

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

So the increase in taxes in my GOP majority state and county is due to leftist.....Hmmm...What an eschewed sense of reality...

I am talking federal, but hey, tell us which one of your famous lefty policies is self sustaining! Go check it out, there isn't any!

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

So the increase in taxes in my GOP majority state and county is due to leftist.....Hmmm...What an eschewed sense of reality...

No problem with the increase in federal taxes caused by leftist programs?

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

Agreed! The left was never about eliminating poverty, it was about buying votes.

All I am saying is----->we need to concentrate on their failures, along with their ZERO victory's to show there way is always fail!

That's why I say there are two groups in society. Those that work for a living and those that vote for one.

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

I am talking federal, but hey, tell us which one of your famous lefty policies is self sustaining! Go check it out, there isn't any!

Notice how his focus went to state/local and ignored federal.

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

None, as I am not affected...Sales tax, property tax, yes..

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

So you're one of those freeloaders that doesn't pay federal taxes? Got it.

moi, for one.

That's why I say there are two groups in society. Those that work for a living and those that vote for one.

That is why when the left claims it did all of this for America, our reply should be--------> no you didn't, not unless you figure out how to pay for it.....and then remind everyone what we already pay as a % in taxes, and these fools need more!

Really, name them, lol!
moi, for one.

FREELOADER, pay your fairshare, isn't that what it is supposed to be?

So you would DENY us Trump lowering OUR taxes, when you pay nothing to the feds, lol. OK, we shall keep your response to bring back as an example of------>don't do as I do, do as I say....because I am a brilliant leftist!

Forum List

Back