The Left's Latest Orwellian Meme... Fake News!

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Well, Old George only missed it by 32 years but he nailed it. We move to the era of Good Speek. Where the government controls what you can say, the words you can use, and there are harsh consequences should you not conform. Back when I read this in 1974, I laughed at the idea the world would be like that in my lifetime. And yet, I could see where certain things seemed to be happening that might give you reason for pause. You could understand how things could evolve that way but it seemed as if there was not likely a path to there anyway... after all, there's a fiction book about it... surely people were duly warned and would be sort of cautious in the future.

But here we now are, on the brink of a political party, rocked by a very emotionally charged loss of power... and BOOM.... We have a national conversation about "Fake News!"

Yes, the Liberals have gone there. Yes, it's highly out of sheer befuddlement. After making careers for people like Micheal Moore for his so-called "Documentaries" ....a Daily Show celebrity who made his career acting like a news commentator to satirize the politics of the day.... And his side-kick... who portrayed a fake stereotype of a republican and reported said news as "satire".I think they both held a very highly-publicized political rally in Washington D.C. not so long ago.. Not to mention a 50 year run of a Saturday Night television show done live and is, in fact, largely satirical news commentary which deals almost exclusively on political events of the day.

Oh yes... the Liberals have no shame. Hillary lost because all the Fake News. So let us now ride this out... let's just follow the absurdity of their latest cause for sake of mocking their emotionally-needy and pathetic outcry over their humiliation. Who, exactly, are we to depend on to determine what is NOT Fake News? Last I checked, there is no "official" keeper of all things non-fake in news. Because, like... what IS fake? Who exactly are we to depend on to determine what fake is? What entity is endowed with the ability to distinguish satire and parody from what is not fake news? Lots and lots of questions to ponder here, but I am thinking this might not be a problem we can fix.

We have a First Amendment. We are endowed with a right to free expression of political thought and speech. Simply put, that is who we are. Where the Liberals are taking us to the brink of is very scary indeed... and all it took was one little emotionally-charged election loss.

Here's the deal... You have this fatty glob of protein between your ears and inside your head. It is called, "A Brain!" Most people have ones that actually function, and so what they do is use it to process information input. It is really their responsibility what they do with that input. Once you turn all that responsibility over to the Authority... you have Good Speak... Group Think... Hate Speak... and we start exterminating those who don't conform.

And yet you've missed the true Orwellian advent.

The masses control each other with a brainwashing prison culture in the schools and then HAND HELD CAMERAS and SOCIAL MEDIA.

The MSM is a footnote.

I think you'd have to be a male in the female gender to actually see it. Women are "the party" and just like in the book the young women are the worst.

Men are the proles.

Happily, unlike in "1984", men can fight back with rational information in the form of shitlording.

Orwell wrote about embellished, exaggerated and misleading news reporting and propaganda. The OP is distorting the meaning of fake news. Fake news is news with no basis in fact or truth. They are stories of completely made up lies with no foundations, roots or semblance of truth.

Hillary lost because the ladies and women saw through her and did not want another liar like Nixon -- pathological liar -- in The White House.

Hillary lost because Trump was able to mobilize his TV audience and defeat both the GOP candidates and the DEM nominee -- a miraculous defeat of 2 modern dynasties.

Well, Old George only missed it by 32 years but he nailed it. We move to the era of Good Speek. Where the government controls what you can say, the words you can use, and there are harsh consequences should you not conform. Back when I read this in 1974, I laughed at the idea the world would be like that in my lifetime. And yet, I could see where certain things seemed to be happening that might give you reason for pause. You could understand how things could evolve that way but it seemed as if there was not likely a path to there anyway... after all, there's a fiction book about it... surely people were duly warned and would be sort of cautious in the future.

But here we now are, on the brink of a political party, rocked by a very emotionally charged loss of power... and BOOM.... We have a national conversation about "Fake News!"

Yes, the Liberals have gone there. Yes, it's highly out of sheer befuddlement. After making careers for people like Micheal Moore for his so-called "Documentaries" ....a Daily Show celebrity who made his career acting like a news commentator to satirize the politics of the day.... And his side-kick... who portrayed a fake stereotype of a republican and reported said news as "satire".I think they both held a very highly-publicized political rally in Washington D.C. not so long ago.. Not to mention a 50 year run of a Saturday Night television show done live and is, in fact, largely satirical news commentary which deals almost exclusively on political events of the day.

Oh yes... the Liberals have no shame. Hillary lost because all the Fake News. So let us now ride this out... let's just follow the absurdity of their latest cause for sake of mocking their emotionally-needy and pathetic outcry over their humiliation. Who, exactly, are we to depend on to determine what is NOT Fake News? Last I checked, there is no "official" keeper of all things non-fake in news. Because, like... what IS fake? Who exactly are we to depend on to determine what fake is? What entity is endowed with the ability to distinguish satire and parody from what is not fake news? Lots and lots of questions to ponder here, but I am thinking this might not be a problem we can fix.

We have a First Amendment. We are endowed with a right to free expression of political thought and speech. Simply put, that is who we are. Where the Liberals are taking us to the brink of is very scary indeed... and all it took was one little emotionally-charged election loss.

Here's the deal... You have this fatty glob of protein between your ears and inside your head. It is called, "A Brain!" Most people have ones that actually function, and so what they do is use it to process information input. It is really their responsibility what they do with that input. Once you turn all that responsibility over to the Authority... you have Good Speak... Group Think... Hate Speak... and we start exterminating those who don't conform.
What would YOU call it? What would you call some young kids in Macedonia, making up the story about John Podesta and pedophilia out of the word Pizza being said in his emails? and these young adults making $60,000 in 6 months off of the facebook ads attached to their fake story that they fed?

Are you claiming this pedophilia garbage was real?

Orwell wrote about embellished, exaggerated and misleading news reporting and propaganda. The OP is distorting the meaning of fake news. Fake news is news with no basis in fact or truth. They are stories of completely made up lies with no foundations, roots or semblance of truth.
Perhaps you might explain to us the certainty that the Beast was going to win the election, in light of your definition and statement.

Hell, you're tripping all over yourself regarding Reagan, of whom there has been no news since he died - good luck.

We are probably closer to Huxley's A Brave New World published in 1932.

And yet you've missed the true Orwellian advent.

The masses control each other with a brainwashing prison culture in the schools and then HAND HELD CAMERAS and SOCIAL MEDIA.

The MSM is a footnote.

I think you'd have to be a male in the female gender to actually see it. Women are "the party" and just like in the book the young women are the worst.

Men are the proles.

Happily, unlike in "1984", men can fight back with rational information in the form of shitlording.
Actually, it's quite romantic to see the Proles rescue the Party from the lesbians and other"agressive women".

It's also interesting that in "1984" sex was increasingly not allowed within the party. This is happening in our reality too. If you want to go far within the far left apparatus (the Party) you have to turn lesbian, these days, increasingly.

But remember, it's Instagram, twitter and facebook groups and mob bullying throughout the female world which is running this society. They are natural mobsters and think nothing of it. It really takes an outsider living in their world to see it.

The cameras are hand held.

Two out of three Trump supporters believe that unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office.

Fake news probably causes that.

Two out of three Trump supporters believe that unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office.

95,000,000 people agree it's fake.....

Go ahead and claim that there has big a massive up-tic in the number of people out of the workforce. And don't give that crap about "Baby Boomers" There's a large % of them that still want/need to work but can't find a job. I am one of them and want to work, and guess what...
jm120816_COLOR_Trump_Fake_News_Disaster

The left spent the better part of half a century feeding Americans "fake news". When Walter Cronkite flew to Vietnam and donned a helmet and pretended to be under fire while he pronounced the U.S. victory in the Tet Offensive to be a "stalemate" he engaged in "fake news". When Washington Post reporters relied on an unverified and unidentified "informant" alleged to be in the White House during the Nixon administration and refused to identify him until he was dead and couldn't vairify allegations about the Nixon administration, they engaged in "fake news". When mainstream "reporters" giggled about Hillary Clinton's enabling of her husband's abuse of women when she took control of the "Bimbo Eruption Squad" they engaged in "fake news". When left wing news sources polled targeted demographics in "exit polls" and told Americans that John Kerry was leading George Bush in the presidential election they were engaging in "fake news". When CBS used fake documents to try to influence a presidential election they engaged in "fake news".

Fake news can only be fixed by having a liberal agency decide what is fake and what is not... and then banning the fake news.

Clearly, this is the only way to go, if you aren't for HATE speech.

Forum List

Back