The Left's Latest Orwellian Meme... Fake News!

Well, Old George only missed it by 32 years but he nailed it. We move to the era of Good Speek. Where the government controls what you can say, the words you can use, and there are harsh consequences should you not conform. Back when I read this in 1974, I laughed at the idea the world would be like that in my lifetime. And yet, I could see where certain things seemed to be happening that might give you reason for pause. You could understand how things could evolve that way but it seemed as if there was not likely a path to there anyway... after all, there's a fiction book about it... surely people were duly warned and would be sort of cautious in the future.

But here we now are, on the brink of a political party, rocked by a very emotionally charged loss of power... and BOOM.... We have a national conversation about "Fake News!"

Yes, the Liberals have gone there. Yes, it's highly out of sheer befuddlement. After making careers for people like Micheal Moore for his so-called "Documentaries" ....a Daily Show celebrity who made his career acting like a news commentator to satirize the politics of the day.... And his side-kick... who portrayed a fake stereotype of a republican and reported said news as "satire".I think they both held a very highly-publicized political rally in Washington D.C. not so long ago.. Not to mention a 50 year run of a Saturday Night television show done live and is, in fact, largely satirical news commentary which deals almost exclusively on political events of the day.

Oh yes... the Liberals have no shame. Hillary lost because all the Fake News. So let us now ride this out... let's just follow the absurdity of their latest cause for sake of mocking their emotionally-needy and pathetic outcry over their humiliation. Who, exactly, are we to depend on to determine what is NOT Fake News? Last I checked, there is no "official" keeper of all things non-fake in news. Because, like... what IS fake? Who exactly are we to depend on to determine what fake is? What entity is endowed with the ability to distinguish satire and parody from what is not fake news? Lots and lots of questions to ponder here, but I am thinking this might not be a problem we can fix.

We have a First Amendment. We are endowed with a right to free expression of political thought and speech. Simply put, that is who we are. Where the Liberals are taking us to the brink of is very scary indeed... and all it took was one little emotionally-charged election loss.

Here's the deal... You have this fatty glob of protein between your ears and inside your head. It is called, "A Brain!" Most people have ones that actually function, and so what they do is use it to process information input. It is really their responsibility what they do with that input. Once you turn all that responsibility over to the Authority... you have Good Speak... Group Think... Hate Speak... and we start exterminating those who don't conform.
Fake news spent over $1 billion to try and elect Hildabeast... guess what they lost. :dance:

Orwell wrote about embellished, exaggerated and misleading news reporting and propaganda. The OP is distorting the meaning of fake news. Fake news is news with no basis in fact or truth. They are stories of completely made up lies with no foundations, roots or semblance of truth.
Most of the fake news the left uses is simply lies corroborated by numerous leftist media outlets that meet periodically and get their marching orders from the DNC through the AP. It's why they all start repeating the same exact catch-phrases practically in unison.

Well I still don't understand what the Left believes we're supposed to do about this? There is no way to parse out nuggets of "news truth" from all the assorted opinions of what is factual and absolute in accuracy. Every interaction involving people has two perspectives at least. Who has the one true perspective and understanding to know what is factual and appropriate? The View? Judge Jeanine? Geraldo?

"President-elect Trump was booed as he spoke of John Glenn today." That's a true statement but he wasn't being booed for what he was saying about John Glenn. Anti-Trump protesters were simply booing Trump in general while he was speaking and he just so happened to be speaking about Glenn. Presentation is often not fair and/or objective. Are we going to have a government Czar who decides what is ethical in how stories are presented?

Maybe we should turn it all over to the president's press secretary? They could come out each day and report to us the "true" news.

Well, Old George only missed it by 32 years but he nailed it. We move to the era of Good Speek. Where the government controls what you can say, the words you can use, and there are harsh consequences should you not conform. Back when I read this in 1974, I laughed at the idea the world would be like that in my lifetime. And yet, I could see where certain things seemed to be happening that might give you reason for pause. You could understand how things could evolve that way but it seemed as if there was not likely a path to there anyway... after all, there's a fiction book about it... surely people were duly warned and would be sort of cautious in the future.

But here we now are, on the brink of a political party, rocked by a very emotionally charged loss of power... and BOOM.... We have a national conversation about "Fake News!"

Yes, the Liberals have gone there. Yes, it's highly out of sheer befuddlement. After making careers for people like Micheal Moore for his so-called "Documentaries" ....a Daily Show celebrity who made his career acting like a news commentator to satirize the politics of the day.... And his side-kick... who portrayed a fake stereotype of a republican and reported said news as "satire".I think they both held a very highly-publicized political rally in Washington D.C. not so long ago.. Not to mention a 50 year run of a Saturday Night television show done live and is, in fact, largely satirical news commentary which deals almost exclusively on political events of the day.

Oh yes... the Liberals have no shame. Hillary lost because all the Fake News. So let us now ride this out... let's just follow the absurdity of their latest cause for sake of mocking their emotionally-needy and pathetic outcry over their humiliation. Who, exactly, are we to depend on to determine what is NOT Fake News? Last I checked, there is no "official" keeper of all things non-fake in news. Because, like... what IS fake? Who exactly are we to depend on to determine what fake is? What entity is endowed with the ability to distinguish satire and parody from what is not fake news? Lots and lots of questions to ponder here, but I am thinking this might not be a problem we can fix.

We have a First Amendment. We are endowed with a right to free expression of political thought and speech. Simply put, that is who we are. Where the Liberals are taking us to the brink of is very scary indeed... and all it took was one little emotionally-charged election loss.

Here's the deal... You have this fatty glob of protein between your ears and inside your head. It is called, "A Brain!" Most people have ones that actually function, and so what they do is use it to process information input. It is really their responsibility what they do with that input. Once you turn all that responsibility over to the Authority... you have Good Speak... Group Think... Hate Speak... and we start exterminating those who don't conform.

The far left has been putting out fake news for over 60 years now..

Well I still don't understand what the Left believes we're supposed to do about this? There is no way to parse out nuggets of "news truth" from all the assorted opinions of what is factual and absolute in accuracy. Every interaction involving people has two perspectives at least. Who has the one true perspective and understanding to know what is factual and appropriate? The View? Judge Jeanine? Geraldo?

"President-elect Trump was booed as he spoke of John Glenn today." That's a true statement but he wasn't being booed for what he was saying about John Glenn. Anti-Trump protesters were simply booing Trump in general while he was speaking and he just so happened to be speaking about Glenn. Presentation is often not fair and/or objective. Are we going to have a government Czar who decides what is ethical in how stories are presented?

Maybe we should turn it all over to the president's press secretary? They could come out each day and report to us the "true" news.

Look at you.

Does the problem exist or doesn't it? You seem to want to take both positions.

Good Morning Boss,
Facebook, as example, said they would be more careful with their advertising and accounts making their moolah off of the fake stories spreading like wildfire...

STOP spreading this stupid mantra and FALSE news of the rightwing, that GOVERNMENT IS COMING TO GET YOU!

Good Morning Boss,
Facebook, as example, said they would be more careful with their advertising and accounts making their moolah off of the fake stories spreading like wildfire...

STOP spreading this stupid mantra and FALSE news of the rightwing, that GOVERNMENT IS COMING TO GET YOU!
So your fake news is A-OK.....got it.....

The left only operates if they have a "boogeyman".

When they are soundly defeated on policies, they say the electorate is reading "fake news"....as if the Dems have ever told the truth.

Dems are such lying POS hypocrites.

Orwell wrote about embellished, exaggerated and misleading news reporting and propaganda. The OP is distorting the meaning of fake news. Fake news is news with no basis in fact or truth. They are stories of completely made up lies with no foundations, roots or semblance of truth.
Most of the fake news the left uses is simply lies corroborated by numerous leftist media outlets that meet periodically and get their marching orders from the DNC through the AP. It's why they all start repeating the same exact catch-phrases practically in unison.

The left leaning MSM has cried wolf so much, nobody listens to them anymore. Same with the left leaning posters on here. They put out an opinion based on a link, then smugly say, "see, told ya!"

Ummm, no! The left can believe the MSM or their links, but their credibility is shot after the WikiLeaks fiasco. In essence, from here forward whenever some leftist post something, the standard answer is WikiLeaks, period. Their sources have zero credibility, so debating with them on ANY posted opinion piece from anywhere is useless. Their sources are no longer credible, period!

Good Morning Boss,

I was already concerned about how left-wing-owned social media is removing and banning content and blocking users who have opposing political perspectives. We're not tolerating a society where your side gets to control the information. You have no business going down this road but here you are.If you think this is going to end well, you're in for a rude awakening.

Two out of three Trump supporters believe that unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office.

Fake news probably causes that.
Can you find a post where someone claimed unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office?

. . . . . . .

I didn't think so.

Good Morning Boss,

I was already concerned about how left-wing-owned social media is removing and banning content and blocking users who have opposing political perspectives. We're not tolerating a society where your side gets to control the information. You have no business going down this road but here you are.If you think this is going to end well, you're in for a rude awakening.
You JUST DON'T GET IT....this has nothing to do with political opponents writing lies about one another...

YOU have no idea what FAKE NEWS is....

Fake news is news that is created out of the thin blue air, that is not coming from a political party, but from 18 yr olds in Macedonia or a guy in Vegas, who solely write sensational headlines and articles, based on nothing, and promote them as news articles on facebook, with their network of people that help spread the faux news....they earn their money from advertisers using their fake news articles that are spread like wild fire....and then end up being thought of by millions, as REAL News, when it was ALL conjured up in a BASEMENT in a foreign country by an 18 year old....

Good Morning Boss,

You JUST DON'T GET IT....this has nothing to do with political opponents writing lies about one another...

Yeah, actually it does.

Good Morning Boss,

Fake news is news that is created out of the thin blue air, that is not coming from a political party, but from 18 yr olds in Macedonia or a guy in Vegas, who solely write sensational headlines and articles, based on nothing, and promote them as news articles on facebook, with their network of people that help spread the faux news....they earn their money from advertisers using their fake news articles that are spread like wild fire....and then end up being thought of by millions, as REAL News, when it was ALL conjured up in a BASEMENT in a foreign country by an 18 year old....
Fake news comes from the democrat party....so....

Good Morning Boss,

Fake news comes from the democrat party....so....
Fake News: Polar Bears are living on sheets of ice and Penguins have turned to cannabalism because their habitats have melted.

Good Morning Boss,

We've had this sort of thing my entire life and I suspect we'e always had it in a FREE SPEECH society. I'm sorry if you're too stupid to recognize fiction from fact but I'm not comfortable with turning over dissemination to YOU or anyone else, for that matter. I had rather KEEP free speech and deal with whatever pitfalls that entails.

this has nothing to do with political opponents writing lies about one another...

That's EXACTLY what this has to do with. Your old battleaxe came out and said she lost the election because... fake news! Since then, you've all been in this tizzy about it. You people literally turned fake news into an art form. SNL, Daily Show, Colbert Report... Fahrenheit 9/11!

Your manipulation of the facts through more traditional news sources like HuffPo, NY Times, Slate, Salon, Rolling Stone, MSNBC, CBS... and a bevy of others... paved the way for alternative sources like Alex Jones and The Blaze. Now, since your gal lost, you want to jump into the middle of it all and TOTALLY control what we see and hear.

FUCK. YOU!

Good Morning Boss,

We've had this sort of thing my entire life and I suspect we'e always had it in a FREE SPEECH society. I'm sorry if you're too stupid to recognize fiction from fact but I'm not comfortable with turning over dissemination to YOU or anyone else, for that matter. I had rather KEEP free speech and deal with whatever pitfalls that entails.
It was not free, he got paid to post it.... :) It was for profit! :p

The left leaning MSM has cried wolf so much, nobody listens to them anymore. Same with the left leaning posters on here. They put out an opinion based on a link, then smugly say, "see, told ya!"

Ummm, no! The left can believe the MSM or their links, but their credibility is shot after the WikiLeaks fiasco. In essence, from here forward whenever some leftist post something, the standard answer is WikiLeaks, period. Their sources have zero credibility, so debating with them on ANY posted opinion piece from anywhere is useless. Their sources are no longer credible, period!
The MSM pretty much just criticizes everything the GOP stands for. That's all the Democrats stand for. They criticize Trump because everything he's trying to do is different from what they've been doing.
Right now the White House is orchestrating some imaginary Russian conspiracy and everything they say is based off of that fake story. They might as well say that Trump is conspiring with Space Aliens to rule the world, because it would be just as believable.

Forum List

Back