The Lefts Pope (Pipe) Dream

Not really he wasn't. I think he understands Jesus, and God's law...YOU however don't.

Does the term "cognitive dissonance" mean anything to you?
Does FAITH/BELIEF in things larger than yourself have any meaning to you?

Your problem is that you cannot reconcile these 2 statements since they DON'T mean the same thing at all;

Quote: Originally Posted by LeftofLeft

"Jesus also tells us to limit what we give to government."

Mark 12:17 - And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

Instead you went off on a weird tangent with these statements;

Quote: Originally Posted by The T

Under our system WE CAN. Not so back then now was it?

Not really he wasn't. I think he understands Jesus, and God's law...YOU however don't.

The hard FACTS are;

(A) that Jesus never said what Leftofleft erroneously alleged that he did, and;

(B) that you are attempting to claim that he did while at the same time saying that he didn't by referring to the current state of affairs, and;

(C) that is what is known as cognitive dissonance.

Now if you want to blame your "FAITH/BELIEF" for your cognitive dissonance then that is fine but just be sure that you understand where you are going with this.

when the church starts acting like a church that Jesus himself would enter....then get back to me....if this guy is the real head of this Church it should start becoming that...right?.....until then this guy is just a figure head.....

Well, he's been there like what, five minutes now, and the established order hates him - so sorry he cant fix it all with a wave of his wand :eusa_eh:

Meanwhile, I said the new Pope was awesome - not the Vatican.

so?.....the Catholics seem to think every Pope is awesome.....i have heard this my whole life.....when i was going through that ridiculous catechism shit we were told that the Pope is the ONLY person on the planet with a direct line to "God".....he is special like that.....

He quoted the 10 Commandments wrong.

"Thou shalt not murder."

Not

"Thou shalt not kill."

There's a huge difference.

the Catholics say ..."Thou shall not kill"....lots of their bible is different than other bibles...its how they justify what they do...

Last edited:
Well, three posts in a row obsessed with all that gold and silver... Where did the Vatican get all that wealth? From being that infamous First Estate for centuries -- the idea that our Founders threw off with the revolutionary concept of We the People. And from picking vulnerable citizens, torturing and burning them as 'heretics' and then assuming their possessions.

Sure the Church should start getting away from all that. LONG past due. So here comes a guy making noises that agree with that sentiment, and you're jumping all over him. Doesn't make sense.

Don't forget the indulgences. In the middle ages the Catholic church was the first multinational corporation. It was selling education and "get into heaven free passes" just as long as you left the church all of your worldly goods. This revenue was all sent to Avignon and hoarded by the pontiffs of that period.

The accumulation of wealth by the Catholic Church is one of the main reason priests aren't allowed to marry. Married priests pass their wealth on to their families...

were did you ever hear that?.....this is the stuff i was told growing up.....

Why can't a priest ever marry? | Catholic Answers

Actually raising taxes encourages charitable giving because of the tax breaks.

Actually there is a limit to the amount you can donate to charity. Raising taxes only limits the amount of money you have left to donate.

The government takes taxes at the point of a gun while donations to the Church are voluntarily given. Many people give to charity for the tax breaks as well as they know that the money will go to those that need it and be distrubuted by unpaid volunteers rather than to a bureaucracy that eats up a good portion of the money before it gets distributed to the needy.
Indeed...Government 'Charity' is taken by force.

For the brain impaired I repeat. The government takes taxes at the point of a gun

Actually there is a limit to the amount you can donate to charity. Raising taxes only limits the amount of money you have left to donate.

The government takes taxes at the point of a gun while donations to the Church are voluntarily given. Many people give to charity for the tax breaks as well as they know that the money will go to those that need it and be distrubuted by unpaid volunteers rather than to a bureaucracy that eats up a good portion of the money before it gets distributed to the needy.

For the brain impaired I repeat. The government takes taxes at the point of a gun

I have to agree that only the "brain impaired" could possibly believe that the "government takes taxes at the point of a gun"

I have studdied the Bible in the orginal texts, and I know for a fact that Jesus said, "Render unto other's Ceasar salad, and to Televangelists the things that are God's."

I've read the entire section and as a practicing Catholic am perplexed by the comments. IMO sections 53 to 60 were very poorly thought out.

If everyone is equal, why would anyone have incentive to work? How could anyone fund a business and employ people? Who could justify saving money for their retirement? etc.

The document completely ignored the backstops we have in society for the disadvantaged, out of luck, poor and elderly. Good grief.

I have to agree that only the "brain impaired" could possibly believe that the "government takes taxes at the point of a gun"

if you dont pay your taxes what happens?.....you can ask Wesley Snipes.....if he would have resisted would he of had guns drawn on him at some point?...

if you dont pay your taxes what happens?.....you can ask Wesley Snipes.....if he would have resisted would he of had guns drawn on him at some point?...

Thank you for conceding that you don't even have as much as a single example of the "government takes taxes at the point of a gun".

when the church starts acting like a church that Jesus himself would enter....then get back to me....if this guy is the real head of this Church it should start becoming that...right?.....until then this guy is just a figure head.....

Well, he's been there like what, five minutes now, and the established order hates him - so sorry he cant fix it all with a wave of his wand :eusa_eh:

so?.....the Catholics seem to think every Pope is awesome.....i have heard this my whole life.....when i was going through that ridiculous catechism shit we were told that the Pope is the ONLY person on the planet with a direct line to "God".....he is special like that.....

Well see...now we know why the Catholic Church needs all that wealth they've been hoarding...it's just to pay the phone bill for that "direct line".

Well see...now we know why the Catholic Church needs all that wealth they've been hoarding...it's just to pay the phone bill for that "direct line".

:eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol:

Sorry bout that,

1. This Pope is the *Feel Good* Pope, its *All* good, sin as you like we want you in the church.
2. That's just fuzjizie.
3. While Jesus spoke of *Sin no more*.
4. Jesus said when he judges he uses "righteous judge", this Pope says "who is he to judge"
5. This Pope isn't being very Pope-ish.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Thank you for conceding that you don't even have as much as a single example of the "government takes taxes at the point of a gun".

do you go to jail if you refuse to pay your taxes?....yes or no....

make light of the bullshit that they feed their kids Wytch.....your buddy Dean says the Republicans would rather feed this kind of shit to their kids instead of science.....he wont be happy knowing you agree with them....

Ya know...

When I first saw the thread title...

First thing I thought...

"Oh, great, I can smell a Catholic-bashing (maybe even religion-bashing) block-party just around the corner."

My Spidey-Sense, in this regard, seems to have been in good working order at the time.
71_71.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

When someone points a gun at you and takes your money that is stealing.

Are you alleging that the government is pointing a gun at you, yes or no?

You are wrong in this.

If you do not pay your taxes, do you go to jail or not? No one vountarily goes to jail, so the logical conclusion is, if you don't pay your taxes, men with guns will come and take you to jail. They will use the guns to keep you in jail until such time as they see fit to pronounce your 'debt to society' is paid.

Government takes your money at the point of a gun cannot be reasonably refuted.

When someone points a gun at you and takes your money that is stealing.

Are you alleging that the government is pointing a gun at you, yes or no?
Yes. They say, "If you do not pay your taxes, we will jail you."

The men and women responsible for jailing you don't come bearing daisies.

Forum List

Back