The Liberals Are Successfully Rewriting History

I didn't like the idea at first.
But now that I see it makes the board's resident bigots spitting mad...
I'm all for it.

I think, though, that we should probably expand it even further. At any one time, be printing four different $20.00s and do them by groups. Certainly there are numerous Americans who should be recognized who never ascended to the Presidency. Do them in groups of 4.

Pioneers (Davy Crockett, Lewis, Clark, Alan Shepherd)
Civil Rights (Rosa Parks, Tubman, King, _________)
Military Men (MacArthur, Patton, Rickover, Eisenhower)
Composers (Bernstein, Copland, Gershwin, ________)
Conservationists (Roosevelt, Muir, Udall, Ansel Adams)
Inventors
Philanthropists
Space Pioneers
Artists

Its silly to be beholden to the old and tired way of doing things just because it is what we are used to.

I'm all for it.

I think, though, that we should probably expand it even further. At any one time, be printing four different $20.00s and do them by groups. Certainly there are numerous Americans who should be recognized who never ascended to the Presidency. Do them in groups of 4.

Inventors
Philanthropists
Space Pioneers
Artists

Its silly to be beholden to the old and tired way of doing things just because it is what we are used to.
So much to think about and fill in. Inventors: Nikola Tesla

Well, it's incredibly silly to think that only Presidents are qualified (if that is the right word) for the honor of appearing on our paper currency. The coins have broken the "barrier" already with Sakagawea, SB Anthony et. al. So why not? Its another way to inform the public about whom someone is from our rich history and to highlight the contributions made by non-politicians.

Ironically, the Trumpians among us are the ones so hell bent on keeping career politicians on our currency; the supposed anti-thesis to their pathetic "movement". Just underscores how confused, frustrated, and frankly sad the Trump enablers are.

If they're going to remove Jackson from the face of a bill, the face should be that of a native-American, as he was directly responsible for the "Trail of Tears" in violation of the Supreme Court's decision that he could not forcibly relocate Native Americans west of the Mississippi river.
Is there a native American that is a national hero? Not who is the most pathetic, but who was heroic in the service of the country.

Dunno if there was a single Native American who was a national hero, but there was a group of them in WWII who were instrumental in helping us win..................a group of Navajo who were known as the "Windtalkers". It seems that the Navajo language was so difficult to learn that it was it's own ready made code.

Maybe we could post a group picture of them.
Now that is an idea.

Well, it's incredibly silly to think that only Presidents are qualified (if that is the right word) for the honor of appearing on our paper currency. The coins have broken the "barrier" already with Sakagawea, SB Anthony et. al. So why not? Its another way to inform the public about whom someone is from our rich history and to highlight the contributions made by non-politicians.

Ironically, the Trumpians among us are the ones so hell bent on keeping career politicians on our currency; the supposed anti-thesis to their pathetic "movement". Just underscores how confused, frustrated, and frankly sad the Trump enablers are.
Not even George Washington was a career politician.

I'm all for it.

Inventors
Philanthropists
Space Pioneers
Artists

While not a bad idea, the problem is that the more designs you have, the easier it is for counterfeiters to make effective fakes because no one can know what all the designs should look like.

No one ever said that only presidents should be on currency. It should be someone of national significance rather than regional importance.

If they're going to remove Jackson from the face of a bill, the face should be that of a native-American, as he was directly responsible for the "Trail of Tears" in violation of the Supreme Court's decision that he could not forcibly relocate Native Americans west of the Mississippi river.
Is there a native American that is a national hero? Not who is the most pathetic, but who was heroic in the service of the country.
I'm not talking about most heroic. I'm simply addressing the group Jackson most negatively affected by his flagrant refusal to abide by the Supreme Court. Any particular tribal leader can be chosen (Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, et cetera).

I'm all for it.

Inventors
Philanthropists
Space Pioneers
Artists

While not a bad idea, the problem is that the more designs you have, the easier it is for counterfeiters to make effective fakes because no one can know what all the designs should look like.

Thats true. But that is the case with every design change. As long as you have that pen, I think you’re as okay as you can be.

Politics wasn’t a career in those days; moron.

I'm not talking about most heroic. I'm simply addressing the group Jackson most negatively affected by his flagrant refusal to abide by the Supreme Court. Any particular tribal leader can be chosen (Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, et cetera).
Oh you mean actual ENEMIES of the country!

Check your own post moron.

Honestly, does anyone actually expect co-residents of this country to respect one another?

Honestly, does anyone actually expect co-residents of this country to respect one another?

Shove your respect up your ass. It’s worthless.

Shove your respect up your ass. It’s worthless.
I'd rather keep my respect up my ass than give it to one of these "fellow Americans " like you. That's what makes you the enemy!

Oh you mean actual ENEMIES of the country!
Well, they were enemies of thieves and murderers. Oh wait, that was the government.

I'm all for it.

Inventors
Philanthropists
Space Pioneers
Artists

There can also be problems with changing of the bills when you're traveling overseas......................

I remember back in the late 90's when they changed the 100 dollar bill over to the new design. Well, we had just pulled into Palma Spain and I had 3 of the new 100 dollar bills in my pocket and took them to get changed at a local cambio (money exchange). Well, the clerk looked at my money, said wait just a minute, and about 3 minutes later, 2 Spanish police walked in and took my money. Because of the new design, they thought it was fake, and were telling me that I was going to be arrested for passing fake bills. I told the police that they were legit, because I had just gotten them from my ship, and to take it to an international bank to verify they were real.

Well..........30 min later, the police came back, told the cambio owner that it was real, and to give me my money back.

I then went to an international bank to get my money changed, and never used that cambio again.

Yeah...............when the bills change, it can cause some headaches.

How the F*** is it "rewriting history" when it's nothing more than honoring someone from history by putting them on the money?

What history exactly is being "rewritten"?

Or, are you just another racist bigot who is pissed that there's a black woman on the 20 dollar bill?
How about a non-president on a bill. The only non-president.

Again, there are already two non-presidents on US currency: Alexander Hamiltion (who never rose any higher than Treasury Secretary), and Ben Franklin.
Hamilton and Franklin were both founding fathers. They were the Patriots that took the country from England.

Harriett Tubman, as many things as she did was never a figure of national significance.

The whole fluff is to make currency politically correct. It's disgraceful.

Which has exactly WHAT to do with what I said? I made no argument one way or the other about Tubman, OR about Hamilton and Franklin. I simply pointed out the simple fact that there are already two non-Presidents on our currency, and you somehow read that into an attack on them or something.

Forum List

Back