The Liberty Amendments

BTW. Since many libs think it's a waste of time to try this, then why are they worried about it all. It would take 75% of the states to pass an Amendment. So it's a very tough deal.

So why the negatives on it. If it fails it fails. Yet if it passes, would you be screaming bloody murder even if 75% of the states approved it.

Isn't this country about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE?

If one passes by that margin, then wouldn't that be what this country is supposed to be about?

See California and Prop 8 to note the liberal's respect for the people's voice. It's non-existent. Libruls rule by their control-- control freaks.. we all know this.

Despite the Demographic of this board, there is no heart for this fight

-Geaux

I don't believe that at all. This board represents the extreme of all political factions be they conservative, liberal, libertarian. A case can be made to the American people who are fed up with this runaway government who governs by almost complete corruption now. Can you imagine for a moment what we don't know?!

Here's the deal, and Levin has addressed this beautifully... Whatever is adopted by the convention, then has to be ratified by 3/4 of the states. This pretty much kills any outrageous proposals for special interest amendments and whatnot. Levin says he gets two general arguments against his proposal... 1) That it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states to ratify... and 2) That we'll end up with all these crazy radical amendments. He contends that BOTH are unlikely to happen, so which one is it?

It's fascinating that the Liberal left is already gunning at this. QW, this exposes you for the liberal fraud you are, because any respectable libertarian would be all for these amendments. It returns power to the states and the people, and dramatically limits the scope and power of the Federal Leviathan libertarians claim to hate so much... but as you've illustrated, you're really a BIG GOVERNMENT kinda guy! You LIKE having a big intrusive Federal Government that can tell the rest of us what to do. You LIKE having an all-powerful Supreme Court who can rule with impunity and force Liberal views on society for generations to come.

You are a LIBERAL who doesn't like being called a liberal, plain and simple.

I love being called a liberal. I have been a liberal all my life and have no intention of changing. I believe in using the government not only for the benefit of corporations and business, but also for the people.
The Supreme Court I'm not so wild about, I mean five conservatives and the Court's questionable takeover of interpreting and applying the Constitution, when that power was not in the Constitution.

Actually the interpretive authority of the courts as sanctioned by the doctrine of judicial review predated the Constitution; it was long-established and accepted practice well before the advent of the Founding Document:

The generation that framed the Constitution presumed that courts would declare void legislation that was repugnant or contrary to the Constitution. They held this presumption because of colonial American practice. By the early seventeenth century, English law subjected the by-laws of corporations to the requirement that they not be repugnant to the laws of the nation. The early English settlements in Virginia and Massachusetts were originally corporations and so these settlements were bound by the principle that colonial legislation could not be repugnant to the laws of England. Under this standard, colonial lawyers appealed approximately 250 cases from colonial courts to the English Privy Council, and the Crown reviewed over 8500 colonial acts.

After the American Revolution, this practice continued. State court judges voided state legislation inconsistent with their respective state constitutions. The Framers of the Constitution similarly presumed that judges would void legislation repugnant to the United States Constitution. Although a few Framers worried about the power, they expected it would exist. As James Madison stated, “A law violating a constitution established by the people themselves, would be considered by the Judges as null & void.” In fact, the word “Constitution” in the Supremacy Clause and the clause describing the Supreme Court’s jurisdiction appeared to give textual authorization for judicial enforcement of constitutional constraints on state and federal legislation. Indeed, before Marbury, Justice Chase observed that although the Court had never adjudicated whether the judiciary had the authority to declare laws contrary to the Constitution void, this authority was acknowledged by general opinion, the entire Supreme Court bar, and some of the Supreme Court Justices.

By 1803, as Chief Justice Marshall acknowledged in Marbury, “long and well established” principles answered “the question, whether an act, repugnant to the constitution, can become the law of the land.” Marshall concluded that “a law repugnant to the constitution is void; and that courts . . . are bound by that instrument.” As such, contrary to the traditional account of Marbury, Marshall’s decision did not conjure judicial review out of thin air, but rather affirmed the well-established and long-practiced idea of limited legislative authority in the new context of the federal republic of the United States. In doing so, Marshall recommitted American constitutional law to a practice over four centuries old.

The Yale Law Journal Online - Why We Have Judicial Review

So why didn't the framers put that little tidbit in the Constitution? Burning at he stake was older, but that does not make it Constitutional. Saying the framers intended, meant or were going to, is meaningless as compared to the written word. Nope it was Marshall that decided, and Marshall went beyond what was in the Constitution and today we accept it. But the words are not there. The irony today is some of the Court wants it in black and white and original before they deem it Constitutional.

I agree that the Supreme court has likely passed it's time. It's a political cluster that only serves those who do not want to follow the law of the land in Obamacare

But hey, why should you care?

-Geaux

BTW. Since many libs think it's a waste of time to try this, then why are they worried about it all. It would take 75% of the states to pass an Amendment. So it's a very tough deal.

So why the negatives on it. If it fails it fails. Yet if it passes, would you be screaming bloody murder even if 75% of the states approved it.

If one passes by that margin, then wouldn't that be what this country is supposed to be about?

I'm certainly not worried about the plan at all, I think it's comical and a good way for levin to sell his books to his target market. I find it comical because it seems like levin supports statists and statist policies as long as it's republican or republican based, see my previous links.........................

I'm certainly not worried about the plan at all, I think it's comical and a good way for levin to sell his books to his target market. I find it comical because it seems like levin supports statists and statist policies as long as it's republican or republican based, see my previous links.........................

Coming from the Forum's Race Pimp- that's hilarious.. :lol:

Are YOU serious? Have YOU heard what he has stated? It took us 100 YEARS to get here, and will take that if not longer to get back to where we should be.

Son? I think your rhetoric is getting out of hand here, and YOU mis-represent the premise of Levin's proposals.

He is NOT a Statist by any stretch. IF he was? I would have dropped him like a hot rock. Don't YOU know this of me?

Good GOD man! DROP the politics of RON PAUL and WAKE UP.

Really? Like Levin needs a gimmic to sell his book?

-Geaux

No...he isn't...Sorry to dispute you here. He is a Constitutionalist.

What do you think his new book is about? His past books? His Radio show?

It's ALL about getting US back on proper course as the Founders would have it.

Have YOU ever listened to him?

It's obvious you haven't.

He has a FREE site where YOU can download and listen.

LINK <==AUDIO REWIND

Up to 4 weeks of Mark.

He isn't that far apart from Ron Paul as to the Constitution, just takes a different tact.

So we amend the Constitution because some are not comfortable with the changes to the Constitution that has been done over the years.? How do we know the people are also uncomfortable with those changes? And now if we change it with amendments, what is to prevent the Congress, the president and the Court from changing back to what it is today?

LOL, wouldn't it be easier if the supposed "small government" , "liberty loving" , "anti-statist" levin just convinced himself (first) and his listeners to vote for a Third Party like the Libertarians who advocate all of the above that he claims to advocate and embrace? Instead, the talking putz has attacked, threatened to derail, and talked against voting for the people who embrace the ideals he allegedly supports. Now he writes a book about some far fetched crap that most likely won't happen, when he could put his words to use by advocating the Libertarian Party.
He has Been against a third party but rather advocated to vote the person, The Record, the individual. Are ALL you libertarians this stupid? (And I shudder as I Have Libertarian tendencies)...but am more of an Individual Constitutionalist. LIBERTARIANS are NOT the owners of the Document, son. WAKE UP.

LOL, I know what that's "code" for, but having someone like you calling me a "race pimp" does give me a good laugh because you can't even back your baseless insult up with facts. Why are YOU bringing "race" into this discussion? I know it's because you don't like the fact that I am right about you and levin. You are hateful hypocrites. You are just another one of the hypocritical and bigoted hannitards, that now suddenly want to be "libertarian" when you most likely supported the SAME statist policies of the previous Administration, but now that a "race pimp" (you know what that's code for) is at the helm you have a problem with it. Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

LOL, I know what that's "code" for, but having someone like you calling me a "race pimp" does give me a good laugh because you can't even back your baseless insult up with facts. Why are YOU bringing "race" into this discussion? I know it's because you don't like the fact that I am right about you and levin. You are hateful hypocrites. You are just another one of the hypocritical and bigoted hannitards, that now suddenly want to be "libertarian" when you most likely supported the SAME statist policies of the previous Administration, but now that a "race pimp" (you know what that's code for) is at the helm you have a problem with it. Thanks for the laugh! :lol:
There's NO CODE there, son. Wake up.

BTW? You Speak to HER that way? YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY...

Get it?

I use to post with you on another forum.. I know you and your posts quite well.. You've ALWAYS been a race whore.. I have no need to lie about that.. Anyone can go and look through your posts. You and MARC ATL are the board pimps..Deal with it.

Are YOU serious? Have YOU heard what he has stated? It took us 100 YEARS to get here, and will take that if not longer to get back to where we should be.

Son? I think your rhetoric is getting out of hand here, and YOU mis-represent the premise of Levin's proposals.

He is NOT a Statist by any stretch. IF he was? I would have dropped him like a hot rock. Don't YOU know this of me?

Good GOD man! DROP the politics of RON PAUL and WAKE UP.

LOL, I have given you plenty of examples of levin's support for statist, but you seem to have either "missed" them or ignored them. Those weren't all Ron Paul citations, what's wrong with the "politics of Ron Paul"? Are you denying that levin hasn't supported statists? Are you denying the validity of the claim that levin threatened to go against Rand Paul if Ron Paul went on a third Party ticket against........the statist romney? You're ok with that? Are you denying that levin went against glenn beck when beck starting doing his "libertarian" shtick? Why would you waste your money and support on an asshole like that?

I use to post with you on another forum.. I know you and your posts quite well.. You've ALWAYS been a race whore.. I have no need to lie about that.. Anyone can go and look through your posts. You and MARC ATL are the board pimps..Deal with it.

I wasn't aware of the racist crap...I think I know this guy from Hannity boards...SHAME. Too bad.

And to SphincterOPS?

Son? Libertarians DON"T own the Constitution...nor does Ron Paul.

WE all do, and defend it as we see fit, and that goes for Mark Levin albeit YOU don't like the way he does it.

I'll put Levin up against Paul any day/hour .

Just leave. YOU have lost all credibility you ever had with me.

Really? Like Levin needs a gimmic to sell his book?

-Geaux

Of course he does, all he has to do is throw the key words of "Liberty" ", "statist", "marxist", and Tyranny" out there and it captures his audience. Just read the links I provided in my previous recent posts that you may have missed and you will see my point.

Forum List

Back